It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science Establishing the Existence of a Life Force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I get you but Money is not evil or good
It is the use it is put to

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I myself have reasons to think that the human Soul is coupled to Dark Matter.
a reply to: swanne

So do I ... I read your article and though not a scientist it explains dark matter in a way I can understand
The invisible force running through everything ... life force?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I waxed a tad there...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Something just occurred to me. What if the "Dark Matter" that the soul interacts with are magnetic storage on a hard disk platter (so to speak), and the soul's interaction with the "Dark Matter" writes the story of our lives. It really all could be a simulation...
edit on 9/22/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The laws of physics are changing. Pigs, for example, are no longer subject to gravity.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here is a key paragraph:

Much of my effort in recent years has been in learning about these discoveries and comparing them to those of other scientists who have gone before, working to build up a single unified model for this energy. From the scientist’s point of view, it can be explained when we remember that the so-called “vacuum of space” is filled with energy. The “old” physics considered the vacuum to be just a random jumble of energy, no structure, no pattern. This led to the “old” laws of physics, including quantum physics. But more recently, scientists are learning how to imprint the vacuum with patterns of energy. This is called “engineering the vacuum.”

www.fmbr.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Lol yeah ... and I got a little too serious and picked upon a point

The desire for money can be evil in how some go about gaining it
Yet those who do not seek riches but are passionate about things that enrich both themselves and others often gain money as a secondary consideration

Fools loose fortunes all the time

Ooops getting serious again

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

Seems like someone has read too many wuxia novels.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The suggestion that the soul is either composed of, or manipulates, dark matter amounts, philosophically speaking, to a category error. By definition, the soul is non-physical, as opposed to dark matter, which is still physical even though it is invisible to eyesight and all detectors of electromagnetic energy. It simply won't do to identify the soul with dark matter. It doesn't work on metaphysical grounds and amounts to a naive form of materialism, which equates the mind to the brain and denies the existence of non-physical realities.

If any of you really want to discover the nature of the causal bridge between the soul and the physical body, read the book "The Path of Love", by Ronald D. Cowen. It solves the mind-body problem. We are surrounded by another universe filled not with "dark matter", which is simply an astronomical term to explain the anomalous rotation speeds of galaxies and which occupies our universe, but with shadow matter predicted by E8xE8 heterotic superstring theory, which occupies a parallel universe separated from our universe by a narrow gap along the 10th dimension of space predicted by M-theory. Brain activity is not the source of consciousness, as materialists have argued, but is epiphenomenal, being generated by more fundamental processes that take place in an invisible field of shadow matter permeating the physical body. Dark matter is nothing fundamental. Instead, it is merely electrically neutral baryonic matter and neutrinos that does not emit light. On the other hand, invisible shadow matter IS truly fundamental, being predicted by superstring theory to be just as basic as all the varieties of ordinary matter. The soul exists on planes of consciousness ABOVE the physical plane and so is totally non-physical. It interacts indirectly with the latter through chakras, which transduce and distribute the information-carrying energies of a higher plane into the electromagnetic waves ultimately responsible for neuronal discharges in the brain, etc. This transduction is automatic and occurs at an unconscious level (normally, that is; there are circumstances when one can become conscious of these subtle energies and manipulate them. Qicong masters, for example, can concentrate and project shadow matter energies (prana/qi) by manipulating certain chakras in their bioenergetic shadow matter field). Cowen has connected these chakras (which he can see in detail and compares to electrical power stations) to superstrings of ordinary and shadow matter, which he claims to be able to remote-view in real time.
edit on 23-9-2016 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Good point. I personally don't subscribe to a deterministic point of view, but this possibility could be very real.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Speculations based upon unsound metaphysics amount to nothing more than building castles in the air. True science is more than inventing what one wants to believe....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I respectfully disagree. It's a good argument, though.

But I think that science is bound to merge with the "other side" of reality.

Just look at History. Alot of what we thought "mystical" and "spiritual" turned out to actually be very real, natural phenomenons. Lightning used to be the hammer of Thor, or shot by Zeus, but now we know that it's actually friction between evaporating water molecules. Fermentation in beer used to be a magical property of the beer container, now we know that it's actually a little mushroom, the yeast.

In any instances, I see nothing wrong with efforts to quantify the spiritual. You see it as two separate forces, but I see it as a glorification of the spiritual. What better way to support the existence of what we perceive as "spiritual" than by proving its impact on the physical? And at this point, maybe "spiritual" and "physical" are two obsolete terms; as they both are two faces of the same "natural" realm.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

edit on 23-9-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

And how exactly do you propose science studies the non-physical?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
And at this point, maybe "spiritual" and "physical" are two obsolete terms; as they both are two faces of the same "natural" realm.

Well said.

Additionally, things spiritual exist in space. And we know that the atom is mostly space.

So most of nature is space, which used to be thought of as empty.

But we know now that it is the opposite.

It is full of energy.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just love how it's all related!

Astral projection, meditation, OOBE, Near-Death Experience, Remote Viewing, etc...

I have ZERO doubt that I'm more than just a physical body.

But where should we go, what's the point in all this, what are we really? A few questions I'd like to have the answears

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

And how exactly do you propose science studies the non-physical?

By getting physical, of course.

Like this:

maybe "spiritual" and "physical" are two obsolete terms; as they both are two faces of the same "natural" realm.

Or this:

Things spiritual exist in space. And we know that the atom is mostly space. So most of nature is space

Or possibly like this:

Though me, I prefer David Gilmour.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

Propose an experiment to empirically measure the "spiritual" and then we can move forwards.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots

originally posted by: swanne
And at this point, maybe "spiritual" and "physical" are two obsolete terms; as they both are two faces of the same "natural" realm.

Additionally, things spiritual exist in space.

Things spiritually exist in space? Prove it. When I read your post I couldn't help thinking...

"And how do we know she is a witch?"
"She looks like one!"
"Tell me, what do you do with witches?"
"Burn them!"
"And what do you burn, apart from witches?"
"Wood!"
"So why do witches burn?"
"Because their made of wood!"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

the soul is non-physical,