It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science Establishing the Existence of a Life Force

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Your quote from Wikipedia is true but your comment makes no sense.

By the way, Wikipedia is a goldmine as long as the subject is not controversial.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots
I see today that the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, the National Institutes of Health references Swanson's book on a page entitled "Global Advances in Health and Medicine - An Overview of Biofield Devices."

I'm reassured by there being no suggestion of "pseudoscience," but rather calls for more research into such things as:

1. Torsion fields
2. Orgone energy
3. Scalar waves

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots
That article refers to all the markers of pseudoscience.

...it should be noted that the biophysical substrates are either poorly understood or not generally accepted by the scientific community. Claims of effects and efficacy for these modalities have not been verified, and further research is needed to establish not only the veracity of the claims but also to fully confirm the existence of the specific effects reported.
That's more or less a description of pseudoscience:
-poorly understood or not generally accepted by the scientific community
-claims of effects and efficacy for these modalities have not been verified
-further research is needed to establish not only the veracity of the claims

You could say that further research is needed to establish the veracity of the claim that sacrificing virgins to appease the rain god can help end a drought, but saying that doesn't make it a scientific claim. At best it's pseudoscience but in the case of that and orgone, it's more like a kooky superstitious idea that has no basis in science, and your source never says it does have any basis in science, quite the contrary with all the statements about not having been verified nor accepted by scientists.

Roeckelein 2006, pp. 517–518. Jon E. Roeckelein (psychologist), 2006:

"The current consensus of scientific opinion is that Reich's orgone theory is basically a psychoanalytic system gone awry, and is an approach that represents something most ludicrous and totally dismissible."
If it's not pseudoscience it's because it's too silly and ludicrous to even be considered as something pretending to be science like pseudoscience does.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots
. . . Dr. Gennady Shipov's work.

Some of the links are in English.

Here is the first paragraph of one of them, a 15 page PDF entitled “Development of the basic ideas in the theory of physical vacuum”:

The beginnings of theoretical studies that form the subject of my book ”A Theory of Physical Vacuum. A New Paradigm” [1] date back to 1967, when I, a graduate student at Moscow University, was doing my graduation research under L. V. Keldysh (now director of the Physics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences). Using Feynman diagram techniques to describe the interaction of strong electromagnetic radiation with matter, I ran into the problem of divergences in quantum electrodynamics, which Dirac[2] and Feynman [3] and some other theoreticians ranked among the main problems of modern field theory.

shipov.com...

The explanation for the life force lies in what is actually present in the physical vacuum.

Russian scientists are the leaders researching the physical vacuum.

edit on 10/11/2016 by ConnectDots because: Format

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I see the date of the OP and last post for this thread was in 2016.

But in 2018 it seems to me that mainstream science and the mainstream media still haven't corrected the awful error that occurred when space was declared to be empty; therefore, that which resides in every square inch of the cosmos, the life force, is still ridiculed as "woo" by protectors of the status quo, who feel they have no choice but to do so, because the consequences of not doing so are too much to bear.

What will it take to change this?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So much about Consciousness we do not understand, and most prob never will. Part there is a way to learn more about Consciousness, and that is through the study of psychedelics.

It is encouraging that studies around the world are realising the benafits of these natural flowers, and have been used for thousands of years.

The stigma surrounding these plants is slowly changing, and people are begining to realise the huge benafits these plants give.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I guess that consciousness and the life force are the same thing.

But I am one who worries about the use of psychedelics, although I recognize that this is a personal choice and others may benefit.

The important thing is for humanity to wake up and demand that mainstream science stop holding us back.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

Maybe a bit off topic but this video leaves no
doubt

The damn video is called No intelligence allowed!
edit on Rpm71818v46201800000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberateEarth
a reply to: Jay-morris

I guess that consciousness and the life force are the same thing.

But I am one who worries about the use of psychedelics, although I recognize that this is a personal choice and others may benefit.

The important thing is for humanity to wake up and demand that mainstream science stop holding us back.

I felt the same about psychedelics before I knew much about them, but when you research them, you realise that there is an agenda that has been going on for years regarding psychedelics.

The last thing the powers that be want is for people to wake up. We have been dumbed down for so long that we have forgotten who we are.

psychedelics has shown huge promise is fighting addiction, anxiety and depression, and these are plants that have been here longer than we have.

But we tend, as a whole to believe what we are told, but the more you research, the more you realise the BS.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The damn video is called No intelligence allowed!

Is this it?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thank you I was getting all bent out of
shape try'n a figure that one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join