It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National debt increase, who do you support?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
link
actual report here.
as was pointed out when trump released his plans to cut taxes for the richest, its a bit of a mess.
while clintons ideas looks to be no silver bullet, trumps idea to lump at least 5.3 trillion of debt on, is a bitter pill to swallow.

i have complained how this election cycle hasnt dealt with politics, basically its been trump saying something racist, and neo-nazis defending what he says, so this is an opportunity for those interested in politics here to actually defend trumps economic policies.

bare in mind the committee for a responsible federal budget who made the report are a non-profit, non-partisan committee dealing with facts, they slam clintons policy too, so claiming political bias is gonna be tough.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The first chairmen listed is Mitch Daniels. He was indianas last governor before pence.
Having delt with his administration for several years I wouldn't take anything on that report at face value.
edit on 22-9-2016 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

mitch daniels, a republican, shows it wasnt just democrats drawing up fallacies.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's all bogus vague guesswork in numbers.

Any healthcare cost projections are simply BS, as they always turn out to be woefully shy of real figures.

Likewise, it's hard to quantify what effects Trump's trade policies would have on the debt, or what effects Hillary's continued globalism efforts (such as refugee influx) will have on the debt.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hillary wants to pay down debt. Trump is a globalist who wants to put another $5.3 trillion on the national credit card.

I know which one I'd trust to run the economy.
edit on 22/9/2016 by MongolianPaellaFish because: added some other stuffs...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

She is a continuance of the Obama admistration and those aren't my words. Those are the words from Hillary supporters here on this site. Obama added 10 trillion in debt, basically doubled the largest deficit in history in only 8 years. So how does Hillary plan on paying down the debt? This should be good.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Neither party deserves another dime from the hard working American tax payer. Both parties are at fault for this debt. Neither candidate has a real plan to pay off this debt. Both their plans will add to it. Were flucked, there is no paying this back. Thanks a lot you heartless arsewipes in DC.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

She is a continuance of the Obama admistration and those aren't my words. Those are the words from Hillary supporters here on this site. Obama added 10 trillion in debt, basically doubled the largest deficit in history in only 8 years. So how does Hillary plan on paying down the debt? This should be good.

Hmm, I'd guess that she'll push through the same policies her husband did when he was President. That's why the US had a federal budget surplus the last few years of his administration.

ETA: The highest federal surplus was roughly $236.2 billion in 2000. We had a much smaller Defense Dept budget back then, at roughly $384 billion in 2000. And this was also before the Bush tax cuts were passed (note: more than 80% of the Bush tax cuts were made permanent under the Obama administration). So I'm guessing that these are just 2 of the areas where she'll focus her efforts in order to reduce the federal budget deficit.
edit on 22-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join