It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Trumps continued racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
a reply to: Edumakated

And as a Black 28 year old currently living in the south, I say you're full of #.

But you can't logically deconstruct my position either... next.

You in Atlanta? Tell me how racism holds black people down in Atlanta? Black mayors since 70s with Maynard Jackson, Andrew Young, Bill Campbell, Kaseem Reed, etc. Majority black city council. Black police chiefs. Black school boards. Mostly black police force (66%). Black business leaders. Black judges.

Help me understand where racism is holding black people down. Are you really arguing that in spite of the entire city basically being run by blacks (AND DEMOCRATS), there is still some unseen white force holding down black folks?

Or are you arguing that the black community is so mentally weak now that if some white lady locks her car door when I walk by, it is going to crush me mentally to the point that I can't be successful?

I'm sorry, but the absurdity of this black victimization is just getting comical.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Stop destroying them with facts. Can't you see they are triggered and angry.

And wow, telling someone they failed because they suck is such a racist thing

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

My favorite quote by a black man that I know of from a youtube channel and video:

"I accept the punishment for not following, for not staying on the Democrat plantation"

EDIT: Of course this symbolizes that he will no longer be a slave to the Democrat's(primarily through voting for them)
edit on 22-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes you have more personal experience than me, but you keep acting like your situation was the only one that matters.
That is false.

Isnt that the whole point of BLM?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I read that article this morning and nearly choked. How can anyone be that stupid? Oh wait...nevermind.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
another racist exposed today.
steve black

And now we’ve got the Congressional Black Caucus here in Washington, DC, today will be leading a protest and they have declared Donald Trump to be a racist. Now, why are they the authority on that?

in july the same guy said,

we have to plow into the middle of that and do that, or they’re gonna have us retreating to the point where they will have Western civilization eroded and disparaged. I mean, they did that in the beginning of the Dark Ages and we spent centuries of not being able to reason. I don’t want that to happen again.

from 2008 about obama

I'll just say this: When you think about the optics of a Barack Obama potentially getting elected President of the United States -- I mean, what does this look like to the rest of the world? What does it look like to the world of Islam?

in 2010 he claimed he was racially profiled by taxi drivers, because he is white and wears a suit.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Racism in the 1960's -

Blacks - I want a better education...to vote...to be equal. Bit by dogs....beat by police....
Whites - there was a lot of white hate. No excuse.
The majority were hard working people who wanted something better for all.

Racism in the 2010's -

Blacks - I'm lazy and need a check. Give it to me or you are racist.
Whites - I'm lazy and it is the lazy black person's fault...'give me a check'
The majority were hard working people who want something better for all.

Racism in the new decade is lazy and selfishness.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Stop destroying them with facts. Can't you see they are triggered angry.

And wow, telling someone they failed because they suck is such a racist thing

Yeah, notice how quiet it got... not a single one of the usual suspects responded with a concrete example as to how racism is holding down black folks.

One last point. As I point out, many of these cities have blacks in positions of political power from Mayors to police chiefs. If racism is holding black people back, why aren't black people holding the political leaders accountable since all this alleged racism is still happening on their watch?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Blacks are being murdered left and right by law enforcement and whites. Blacks at this point in history are trying to unite under this peaceful movement, Black Lives Matter, and are at record low crime rates, especially with regards to black on black crime.

The media is painting this movement as violent and racist, but what they don't show are the thousands upon thousands of black people that march with candles in their hands, or holding hands as sign of unity, while praying for both their own fallen and the fallen law enforcement officers.

I'll edit this to say that the above is sarcasm. I strongly oppose the Black Lives Matter movement. Now, having said this I also oppose the militarization of the police force, but stand by the Blue Lives Matter idea.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Is the 'media' responsible for this?

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Oh no...don't make me see that again. Look my comment was sarcasm. Look at my posts today and yesterday. You will see I strongly oppose the Black Lives Matter movement. What you posted, it's terrible. That infuriated me when I first saw that video.

I ordered a Blue Lives Matter shirt today. I was going to anyways, but that video really sent me off.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
edit on 22-9-2016 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
another
the trump supporting telegraph couldn't pass this doozy up.
robert pittenger, a republican, told the bbc that,

charlotte protesters hate white people because white people are successful and they're not

awesome, does any republican have anything nice to say, or a positive word, ever?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I think you're making a very good point and making a distinction few will acknowledge.

That being there's a difference between racism existing and being held back by the white man or the system, prevented to succeed in life.

There's racism. I wish there wasn't but there's racism here as well as all over the world. That doesn't negate personal responsibility and accountability to make the best of your situation, study, work hard, stay away from gangs/drugs/etc and take ownership of one's life and successes.

And despite what some say, there's more opportunity for black in the US than anywhere else. There's more black millionaires in the US by far than anywhere else. Most people no matter their profession from college professor to cop to politician to banker to lawyer to doctor to a plumber of bus driver, are surrounded by colleagues of all colors, all races, all ethnicities.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Why are so many in poverty?

What is the cause of their poverty?

Is it because the white man keeps them there? What about the cities and towns with black leadership? Why does so much poverty still exist?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, it's an extremely valid complaint that inner city schools have crappy resources. It really hit me when I was 16 and transferred from a mostly black HS in a major city to a mostly white one in the burbs. Both public schools but one looked like a mini college campus, other one armed security, metal detecters and gangs all over. But that goes back to taxes raised in affluent communities go to their schools instead of a statewide pool where every school gets an equal amount.

Still, I think a much more significant problem is the households and the broken families and not much stress put on education. When at the inner city school I went to for awhile, few did homework. Many skipped class. Many couldn't care less what grades they received. They had little interest in learning. That goes back to the families and households.

In the suburbs kids almost always did homework, showed up to class on time, paid attention, worked hard to get good grades, etc.

There's an unspoken issue in the media about not the value of education but rather, who puts a value on education as it ties to family values. Asians are notorious for putting extreme value on education, almost to a fault. They also earn more than everyone including whites.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Responsibility.

Responsibility of the parents, responsibility of the individual.

The individual should be held accountable for their own individual failure or success.

Yet. . . . . . . the government wants to be responsible. "You didn't build that", "It takes a village". . . . .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes you have more personal experience than me, but you keep acting like your situation was the only one that matters.
That is false.

No, but just pointing out that racism is hardly holding anyone back. Show me where someone has been held back solely because of racism and not their own personal decision making.

I take it that you weren't in the police or fire department of a major metropolitan area.

Although I'm not Black, I had Black coworkers who filed complaints after being passed over for promotion (unqualified people were promoted while they were left in a low level position.) Since I'm NOT Black, I also heard White colleagues talking about resigning if a Black was promoted (actually, this was in an IT department... and Joe was promoted to section supervisor and there was a lot of outrage.) I heard discussion of retaliation against these Black colleagues.

This was in 1987-1990. There've been lots of lawsuits over police and fire departments not offering positions and advancement to Blacks since then (and Latinos and so forth.) Heck, just google it. It's still going on and it's real.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thank you edumakated for your thoughts in this thread. I am a 56 YO white man, raised in the burbs of the 70's, was a sophemore in HS before I really encountered black folks. I am trying to put my thoughts together to post an intelligent reply, but due to so many thoughts running through my head, I need to do some thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think the Government is a large portion of the problem. I drive through the hood twice a day. A single mom, can get all kinds of benefits, however, a married couple cannot get the same benefits, so it makes no sense to get married. Kids see their dad or mom struggling to make a living, while the pimp or pusher on the corner is making good coin. When people pull themselves up, they move up, and into a better area, to give their kids a better life.

My thought is, welfare has indeed destroyed the black family, but no one wants to fix it, they just want to take it away?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join