It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Trumps continued racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: intrepid
Anyone stupid enough to argue that deserves their time wasted.

What? I really don't get your point... Are you saying I'm stupid for arguing with what you said? I'm sorry, I think I'm missing your point.

The complete premise is a joke. Racism has been around for centuries. Arguing that it isn't is stupid.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm black and I agree with her sentiment. Next...

Thank you!

Op have you ever heard of "race baiting"?

it must irk them trying to defend a woman.

I see what you've done here...
I don't like Hillary and I support Trump.
Therefore I'm a sexist?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Your profile pic is perfect for this thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Racist is a stretch I agree but it isn't as cut and dry as that.

I guess some people think that post civil rights act every one in the nation just went along with it and didn't hold on to any of the deep seeded racism that was so prevalent before that.
You can argue that today is a different story, it is no where near as bad as it was.
edit on ndThu, 22 Sep 2016 12:55:44 -0500America/Chicago920164480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Lol of course people are eating this up. Well shoot if one person who happens to be black agrees with it then there can't be anything wrong with the statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Anyone stupid enough to argue that deserves their time wasted.

What? I really don't get your point... Are you saying I'm stupid for arguing with what you said? I'm sorry, I think I'm missing your point.

The complete premise is a joke. Racism has been around for centuries. Arguing that it isn't is stupid.

The premise is correct. No one said racism doesn't exist, but no black person in the past 50 years has been held back solely because of racism.

IMHO racism barely even registers when it comes to barriers to success. I say this as a black man who grew up in the south and older than 40.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

We know you're black, we also know you love that appeal to authority in thread such as these...

But when you say;

no black person in the past 50 years has been held back solely because of racism

We also know you're full of sh*t.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

but no black person in the past 50 years has been held back solely because of racism.

I'm sorry if you really think this then you are being wifully ignorant. To act like there is zero instances of it happening is just false. Guess you think a flip was switched after the civil rights act and everyone played along.

You ate taking your own personal experience and trying to extrapolate that for millions of people. I'm glad that you didn't experience it, but that doesn't mean others had the same experience.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Lol of course people are eating this up. Well shoot if one person who happens to be black agrees with it then there can't be anything wrong with the statement.

Well, I have a lot more credibility on the issue than some liberal white guy.

I grew up in a mostly black area. Black neighbors. Black school teachers. Black police. Black Mayors. Black City Council folks. Even in the heart of the south with Stone Mountain in the background, I can't ever remember a klansman coming to my neighborhood to "hold me back". However, I do vividly recall being swayed by ghetto culture into making dumb decisions and thankfully my parents (Mom AND Dad) where there to steer me in the right direction.

Yes, I have experienced some racism. However, it didn't "hold me back". Frustrating? Yes. Hurt my feelings? Yes. Enough to use as an excuse for my own personal failures in life? No.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Black lives matter are protesting black people killed by cops.

Correction.

BLM is a quasi-terrorist organization looking to use any shooting of a black person by cops (regardless of the cop's race) as an excuse to loot, riot, and vandalize proximity neighborhoods and highways, and target any non-black person they see during said riots. Because obviously, this is the way to effect change.

This should be their mission statement if we applied reality.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes you have more personal experience than me, but you keep acting like your situation was the only one that matters.
That is false.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes you have more personal experience than me, but you keep acting like your situation was the only one that matters.
That is false.

No, but just pointing out that racism is hardly holding anyone back. Show me where someone has been held back solely because of racism and not their own personal decision making.

We have black mayors, black attorneys, black business people, black teachers, black EVERYTHING. Even the muddaphucking President of the US. How are black people being held down by some toothless rednecks? Be specific.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

How are black people being held down by some toothless rednecks? Be specific.

Well you could start by checking out the difference in length of sentences for Blacks vs Whites for the same crimes.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

How are black people being held down by some toothless rednecks? Be specific.

Well you could start by checking out the difference in length of sentences for Blacks vs Whites for the same crimes.

Simple solution... don't do the crime. Notice you left out the "personal decision making" aspect.

Crack coc aine gets toughter sentences than powder coke? Don't sell crack. Of course, let's ignore the fact that black legislators also pushed for these sentencing disparities. So again, show me how a law abiding black person is being held down specifically due to racism.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum
Heavens forbid someone just come on out and actually tell the truth. Life must be hard when you are always offended and have to put on that victim mask every morning when you start your day and go off saying my life sucks so bad that it sucks suck and its your fault

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So all Black criminals are crack sellers and users? I am really doubting that you know anything about the Black community.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
Heavens forbid someone just come on out and actually tell the truth. Life must be hard when you are always offended and have to put on that victim mask every morning when you start your day and go off saying my life sucks so bad that it sucks suck and its your fault

Hey, this isn't about Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

When did I say all?

YOU pointed out sentencing disparities and I retorted with one of the most common known examples cited.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And as a Black 28 year old currently living in the south, I say you're full of #.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Hey, this isn't about Trump supporters.

I see what you did there,,,But that was good and I am not a Trump fan but he has my vote

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join