It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Stop Behaving Like The Peons You Are Being Cast As

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This website is something I love. The people here are amongst the best people I have come across since 2001, when I first started dipping my toes into the internet. One of the things I love about it, is that under the flag of denying ignorance a foothold in the mind, many of the members here have, at times, shown themselves to be beyond and outside the societal structures within which they are living, to have thoughts and attributes well beyond their apparent station in life, to have their eyes fully open to the game being played against them, to the attempt being made to turn all but the powerful into pawns, to be able to resist the programming, and make better choices than those who had come before them.

But this election has ruined many of those who had once appeared to be on the ball. Despite the fact that the game has never been more easily recongised, nor the attempt to turn all into pawns for the playing of it more obvious, more of our number than ever have been drawn in by one or another of the candidates in the up coming sham, and I for one am growing sick with sorrow, watching otherwise intelligent, aware and awakened people, undo all their careful work in just a relatively short period, invalidating years of moderate and insightful correspondence, in a frenzy of wanton, willful immersion in an electoral process which has been designed for one purpose, and for one purpose alone.

That purpose is, quite simply, to make people think that their voice matters, despite the fact that for a persons vote to matter, there has to be a candidate who cares about what one uses ones voice for. Let me tell you something for a certainty, something I would never have had to have said five years ago. THERE IS NO SUCH CANDIDATE, NEVER WAS, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL BE!

I am appalled that any of the people on this site, are supporting either of the candidates in the up coming US elections, I am appalled that any of you have been duped into believing that either of the candidates is any less evil than the other, that either one can be trusted to a greater degree than the other, that either one has more of a legitimate message to peddle to you, or that anything will change for the better under either of them. I am disgusted at all of those who have pinned their colours to either Hilary's mast, or Trump's, at all of you who have accepted a hegemony rather than insisting on an ideal candidate, rather than picking between two bad ones, again.

You all know better, and yet you seem determined to play the peon, the witless dullard of the piece. Good luck to you, but I fear you are going to be swinging from your own rope either way, and the worst thing about that is that where as many of your countrymen had no information or inclination to protect themselves from the lies you are lapping up, you all had a chance, and you blew it.

If you can, if any of you can remember what it is like to have a non-partisan thought, I would highly recommend that you start thinking for yourselves again, before you offer legitimacy to either of the sorry excuses for a presidential candidate, in the elections to follow. You are better than this. Wake up.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Round of applause for that.

I think you've hit the nail right on the head.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I understand your feelings, however this seems to only point to problems rather than offer solutions.
I realize the general solution is to "think for oneself", but what is one to actually think?

What model of government is best?
Who should lead?
Who can anyone actually trust?
Is money a solution or a problem?

If the problem is people, then the solution probably isn't going to be people.
(Some people don't think human nature exists.. I say we're all basically schizophrenic to some degree.)

We are all looking for answers to the human condition, unfortunately we are all chronically human (flawed) until this terminal disease of desire finally runs its course.

edit on 22-9-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Question is, what can be done about it, you must know that the underlying desire is for one party to win, so how many are going to cross party lines? while a 'no' vote is likely not on the table.
The mud slinging is mostly not mud slinging, since the candidates are as bent as a two bob note.
I do agree though that many of the tales that appear on the forum are just manufactured or twisted, so there is no point in appealing to that particular quarter.
For the rest, they all likely know that they are in between a rock and a hard place, while, if you look at a newly started thread slamming one candidate or the other, the amount of stars that suddenly appear at the first post is very QI, (AKA abnormal)
So I think it is fair to say that most people don't pay too much attention to what amounts mostly to some invested interest playing it out on the forum.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's a reason I've walked away from political threads. Well most anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
This website is something I love. The people here are amongst the best people I have come across since 2001, when I first started dipping my toes into the internet. One of the things I love about it, is that under the flag of denying ignorance a foothold in the mind, many of the members here have, at times, shown themselves to be beyond and outside the societal structures within which they are living, to have thoughts and attributes well beyond their apparent station in life, to have their eyes fully open to the game being played against them, to the attempt being made to turn all but the powerful into pawns, to be able to resist the programming, and make better choices than those who had come before them.

But this election has ruined many of those who had once appeared to be on the ball. Despite the fact that the game has never been more easily recongised, nor the attempt to turn all into pawns for the playing of it more obvious, more of our number than ever have been drawn in by one or another of the candidates in the up coming sham, and I for one am growing sick with sorrow, watching otherwise intelligent, aware and awakened people, undo all their careful work in just a relatively short period, invalidating years of moderate and insightful correspondence, in a frenzy of wanton, willful immersion in an electoral process which has been designed for one purpose, and for one purpose alone.

That purpose is, quite simply, to make people think that their voice matters, despite the fact that for a persons vote to matter, there has to be a candidate who cares about what one uses ones voice for. Let me tell you something for a certainty, something I would never have had to have said five years ago. THERE IS NO SUCH CANDIDATE, NEVER WAS, AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL BE!

I am appalled that any of the people on this site, are supporting either of the candidates in the up coming US elections, I am appalled that any of you have been duped into believing that either of the candidates is any less evil than the other, that either one can be trusted to a greater degree than the other, that either one has more of a legitimate message to peddle to you, or that anything will change for the better under either of them. I am disgusted at all of those who have pinned their colours to either Hilary's mast, or Trump's, at all of you who have accepted a hegemony rather than insisting on an ideal candidate, rather than picking between two bad ones, again.

You all know better, and yet you seem determined to play the peon, the witless dullard of the piece. Good luck to you, but I fear you are going to be swinging from your own rope either way, and the worst thing about that is that where as many of your countrymen had no information or inclination to protect themselves from the lies you are lapping up, you all had a chance, and you blew it.

If you can, if any of you can remember what it is like to have a non-partisan thought, I would highly recommend that you start thinking for yourselves again, before you offer legitimacy to either of the sorry excuses for a presidential candidate, in the elections to follow. You are better than this. Wake up.

Look kids, a completely unsubstantiated opinion! Fancy finding one of these at ATS.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It appears the ATS motto has changed to "embrace ignorance."

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

In order for a conclusion to be possible, an answer to be found, the problem must first be accepted and fully understood. It used to be, but is not now. The problem is quite simply that accepting a hegemony is no better of solution to the problem at hand, than abstaining utterly from the process. I hear far too little about third parties, and I highly doubt at this stage, that a significant portion of our members are going to be using their votes for any but the two leading candidates, from what I have heard of things on the board this month.

Put simply, neither of those two candidates is an answer to any problem worth solving. How members deal with that information is up to them, but to deny the fact of it is folly.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Great post, it really does seem like people on this great site have been drinking the kool-aid lately.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Excellent OP. It resonates deeply with my views. Applause for that!

That has always been the end goal and this is why I find it disturbing to observe grown ass people (who have demonstrated wisdom and discernment in the past) invest their energy, thoughts, emotions, time and freedom into debating and participating in the theatre of politics.

As Edward Bernays once stated back in the 1920's:

Under modern conditions of political advertising and manipulation, it has become possible to talk of the engineering of consent by an elite of experts and professional politicians. Consent that is thus engineered is difficult to distinguish in any fundamental way from the consent that supports modern totalitarian governments.

Were the manipulated voter to become the normal voter, the government he supports could hardly be said to rest on his consent in any traditional sense of that word. - Edward Bernays

I think many on this site who are caught up in the illusion of American politics in regards to this upcoming election would find it wise to read the work of Edward Bernays who was one of the key architects of this scam:

www.historyisaweapon.org...

edit on 22-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

This is the very thrust of my point.

The information is out there, it is not new, the game has been known for so long now, especially in the rarefied environs of websites like this, that to see anyone being caught up in the tumult having been immersed in this field for any length of time, says some very concerning things about how well some people connect information they have learned, to the world around them, and what that information means to them.

It is literally as if people are saying "I know this shell game only works if I believe in it, but damn if the directing isn't top notch". It's an absolute bloody disgrace!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Look kids, a completely unsubstantiated opinion! Fancy finding one of these at ATS.

well,well,well; such a deep comment. Anything else to say, I know you only recently joined, but is that an excuse?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I disagree. I also agree. Im skeptical but mischievous, I just want to see that common look of hatred, disgust and despise on the faces of liberals if trump wins. The results will definitely be different in this way, If Hillary wins, everyone will be depressed like her and the news will suck, if Trump wins then we can watch protestors and rioters on the streets for at least three weeks and maybe we can learn some new words with phobic on the end. Oh the look on Rachael Madcow and Lawrence odonnells face, I would pay to see that.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
I disagree. I also agree. Im skeptical but mischievous, I just want to see that common look of hatred, disgust and despise on the faces of liberals if trump wins. The results will definitely be different in this way, If Hillary wins, everyone will be depressed like her and the news will suck, if Trump wins then we can watch protestors and rioters on the streets for at least three weeks and maybe we can learn some new words with phobic on the end. Oh the look on Rachael Madcow and Lawrence odonnells face, I would pay to see that.

And this is exactly the wrong mindset to vote for someone........

The American people have grown apathetic, and now vote for reactions like this instead of the actual future of the country.....

Sorry to say , but youre part of the problem........

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch

Talk about proving the ops point!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

True enough.

But to offer solutions one must know there is a problem, and what that problem is.

All too many of us have, indeed, nailed our flags to a mast of Clinton, Trump, or in my case, Johnson, or the other one whose name I can not recall, that's how insignificant she is...

Instead of demanding an ideal candidate from the party of our choice...we settle for the least odious. Not an ideal method. Is there such a thing as an ideal candidate? No, of course there isn't...doesn't mean we shouldn't demand the absolute best possible.

Is Trump the best possible? Is Clinton? Johnson? Or whats her name? No x4. There might be a better one farther down on the ballot, but most of us can't be bothered to look that far down the ballot.

TrueBrit has a valid point, and it was well made.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The one the Founding Fathers gave us. A representative democracy. For as long as we can keep it. To keep it, however, requires work, effort, even blood, sweat, and tears.

Who should lead?

In the context of this thread the "who" doesn't really matter. It seems obvious, to the OP, and I happen to agree, that the one's we've been stuck with aren't the ones who should be running. That's our fault, for not demanding better, and making sure it happens. ...and it's, as even a cursory glance around the world will reveal, not only an issue for us here in the U.S.--Canada just had an election where the candidates were, shall we say, less than ideal. Europe? The same.

It's an apathy that crosses borders, transcends language, and culture...

As a whole, we don't seem to give a damn anymore.

Ah, now there's the kicker. The million dollar question. Who can we trust? I would say, first off, anyone who desires to rule, in whatever fashion, should immediately be disqualified from ever being in office. Ever. Then again, they have to want to in order to be elected... Quite the conundrum, isn't it?

Actually, it might be as simple us exercising our power of oversight. Notice, I didn't say easy, I said simple. Simple as in, we see our elected dufuss being, well, a dufus...we un-elect him/her, and put another in, hoping he/she isn't a dufus, or can at least curtail his/her dufussishness enough to get the job done. If not, remove. Rinse, repeat. Eventually, through process of elimination...we'll get the most undufuss we can. But it will take work, and vigilance. Calling out the duffessishness as we see it, and find it. Simple, really. But hardly easy.

We. Do. Not. EVER. Trust. Ever. People in power, no matter how that power is achieved can not be trusted. They must be watched. Always.

Both. You can not remove money from politics. You just can't. Limit it, yes. Curtail, through term limits, the exposure to its corrupting influence, yes. Eliminate? Don't see how. Elimination might be a bridge too far. No reason we can't try, though...
edit on 9/23/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
the reality is the mods should have clamped down.
many of the threads are allowed to run for pages regardless of any fact.
politicians are corrupt the world over, some morally more so than others, its hardly breaking news.
policies (finally) get announced, and ignored.
theres also an unsavoury element with radical undertones, which are clearly attempting to change this sites core.
throw in the fact americans barely grasp politics, there isnt even a left wing party in america, and lulz ensue.

jeremy corbyn would be viewed as karl marxs devil child, if they ever heard of either.
nick clegg, an actual liberal, would scarily become relevant again.
and camerons porcine antics (google piggate) beats out any supposed misgivings either candidate has by miles, or inches.

a thread about libertarians or greens might get a page or two if lucky, this one which may actually be an advert for a radio station, has nine at the moment.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Not relevant to the OP.

Who should lead?
Your choice, or in lieu of that, someone else's.

No one, as far as politicians go. But our government is designed to reduce the impact of untrustworthy leaders.

Neither. Or both.

I said in another thread, this may well be the first Presidential election I don't vote in since the first one I voted in (a long time ago). I don't feel good about it but I don't think voting for the lesser of weevils makes sense. In the past, I managed to find something positive. This time, no dice, so far.

edit on 9/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Conspiracy or not this election proves the system isn't working.

These are the two best America has to offer? How did this happen?

Complacency....
edit on 23-9-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join