It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

would putin make a good president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: nobunaga

Wasn't he the president of Russia already ?

I'm not saying whether he was good or bad, but the people of Russia "voted" him back into another position when his time ran out for that job.

So I guess you had best ask them this question to get a proper answer.

Their system is different. He had to sit out as PM for a session before he could replace Medvedev as premier again. Their term limit version.

Did I mis-understand your question ?

would putin make a good president

You didn't ask if he would make a good U S president, so I guess I just had too little information available to make a valid answer.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Well I see that you have lived up to your user name. I was talking to another who asked about Putin's popularity and reelection.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

all i know is putin comes off rather brash and i keep seeing these quotes about him.

Because the Russian propaganda machine is strong. And yes they are trying to portray Putin in a certain light, the light of the greatest president on earth.

I think the question should be 'is he a great president?' and your answer would depend upon if you like being ruled by a political strongman. If you notice in the media, there really isn't much democracy in Russia, what ever Putin decides should be done usually gets done in parliament.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Putin would not be a good president.

However, in terms of being a strong leader of his country, I don't think anyone can deny that Putin has done a lot to advance Russian interests.

Does anyone here doubt that Putin means what he says? Now, contrast that with Obama.

If the two leaders were standing there telling you not to cross a certain line with your international behavior or there would be serious consequences ... which one would you really think long and hard about crossing?

I think all the mystique in the US surrounding Putin comes from the realization Americans have that the man IS a strong leader and a worthy adversary who commands a ton of respect ... sort of like a cobra or a shark in the water.

None of what I've just written though means I would want him to be my country's leader.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Christosterone
Russia did a great job in their war against Afghanistan....it took America a whole 8 months to completely contain that hellhole...

Dear Russia,

You should not drink vodka daily and smoke 2 packs a day while pregnant...

Sincerely,
People with 3 digit IQs

I can imagine the Russian version of ATS..

America did a great job in Syria.. We went in and....

Dear Americans,

You should not eat hamburgers and pizza daily and carry guns whilst giving birth to your child in a trailer park..

I mean no offense to my American brothers.. Just want to make a point if we're going down this route...

Fair enough

-Chris
edit on 22-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

has their been 1 ISIS attack on Russian soil?

there hasnt in america.
you have had people go nuts that trump has tried to align to daesh, but no actual links.

cue the braindead trumptards using daily mail or breitbart's incorrect reasoning to justify his fuzzy logic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join