It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson didn't want Brexit win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The claim comes from Tory Minister Sir Alan Duncan and confirms what most of already suspected , Johnson is an opportunist who used the Brexit campaign for his own little coup de tar which failed miserably.
Alan Duncan is currently a Minister in Johnson's Foreign office and gave his opinion of his boss for an upcoming documentary called Brexit: A Very British Coup?

"I think there are a lot of Leave people who don't believe it, and I've always thought that Boris's wish was to lose by one so that he could be the heir apparent without having to have all the... you know, s - h - i - t of clearing up all the mess, that's always been my view of Boris."

"By championing leave, he can be the great heir apparent of the future, darling of the activists, but actually it would be quite good if he didn't actually win the referendum because there would be total chaos."

And why did Mr's May give Johnson the Foreign office job ? , it's all part of the stitch up.

But in a shock move just over a week later - with Mr Johnson's fortunes seen to be at their lowest ebb - Mr Cameron's successor, Theresa May, appointed him as foreign secretary in her new cabinet.
In that role, he has stressed that Brexit does not mean Britain will be leaving Europe, just "leaving the EU", and said he wanted the UK to be a "great global player".
www.bbc.co.uk...

I've suspected it for a while now , we were given the vote to agree with the government's position but the fact we didn't changes nothing , Brexit is dead , we've been sold down the river.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The claim comes from Tory Minister Sir Alan Duncan and confirms what most of already suspected , Johnson is an opportunist who used the Brexit campaign for his own little coup de tar which failed miserably.
Alan Duncan is currently a Minister in Johnson's Foreign office and gave his opinion of his boss for an upcoming documentary called Brexit: A Very British Coup?

"I think there are a lot of Leave people who don't believe it, and I've always thought that Boris's wish was to lose by one so that he could be the heir apparent without having to have all the... you know, s - h - i - t of clearing up all the mess, that's always been my view of Boris."

"By championing leave, he can be the great heir apparent of the future, darling of the activists, but actually it would be quite good if he didn't actually win the referendum because there would be total chaos."

And why did Mr's May give Johnson the Foreign office job ? , it's all part of the stitch up.

But in a shock move just over a week later - with Mr Johnson's fortunes seen to be at their lowest ebb - Mr Cameron's successor, Theresa May, appointed him as foreign secretary in her new cabinet.
In that role, he has stressed that Brexit does not mean Britain will be leaving Europe, just "leaving the EU", and said he wanted the UK to be a "great global player".
www.bbc.co.uk...

I've suspected it for a while now , we were given the vote to agree with the government's position but the fact we didn't changes nothing , Brexit is dead , we've been sold down the river.

It's much more than that Gorty,

simple facts about the immigration was totally ignored in the referendum and created a vacuum that the UKIP were well ahead in propanganda with elitist Nigel Farage, a EU MP, who was well aware that any BREXIT would make little or no difference to the free movement of labour with the EU, or any country who seeks the single market while being outside the EU, it won't happen, it is part and parcel of the EU philosophy, and Britain will have to negotiate still with migrant labour in mind. That much is inescapable. Listen to this video, it's something I had been trying to say to people all along and before BREXIT, but without the benefit of this video, however not much anybody would listen, but this guy is putting it just as it will be, yes people were sold a pup, and essentially nothing much will change, other than we will have much less benefit from the EU. With the other big players of the EU, we were doing alright, alone we are a crock, and I don't see much in the way of 'money from America' like in the past either.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Gortex, not sure what your issue is. I could have told you Johnson either wanted Brexit and did his usual clown job because that's the image people expect him to project, or expected to fail heroically with a loss by a small margin that would endear him to all. I don't like the result, but I still credit Cameron with putting it to the country to vote rather than everyone (including many on ATS) saying there is no democracy.

Why is Brexit dead? Anyone who thought a vote to leave would have meant we leave by the end of the following month was deluded, anyone who believed whatever came out of the mouths of a lot of leave campaigners also needs to look in the mirror - none of their promises would hold water unless the government had committed to them, which they didn't, mainly because so much of it was unrealistic bollox.

Brexit will happen I'm sure. Will it achieve what the leave campaigners said? I don't think it ever could, but I didn't buy into their BS so not really for me to comment.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Why is Brexit dead?

Because the vote was to leave the European Union , that will not happen , we will sign up to the single market which will put us right back at square one , we will be in a weaker position as we will still be bound by their rules but have no real say in changing them.
The Brexit we voted for is dead , the Brexit they will give us will see us still tied to the misfortunes of the EU.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For those who are complaining that we voted for Brexit i say this.

You should have voted Labour at the 2015 General Election. The Labour Manifesto did not offer a EU in or out referendum.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why is Brexit dead?

Because the vote was to leave the European Union , that will not happen , we will sign up to the single market which will put us right back at square one , we will be in a weaker position as we will still be bound by their rules but have no real say in changing them.
The Brexit we voted for is dead , the Brexit they will give us will see us still tied to the misfortunes of the EU.

The Brexit the leave campaign sold people was stillborn - never actually had a chance, it obviously never had a chance no matter how many from the leave campaign said words to the effect of 'of course we will continue to have free trade with the EU while they will compromise totally and we will have to not compromise anything'. That was always BS and anyone who thought otherwise, well, sorry, not much to say after the event.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

For those who are complaining that we voted for Brexit i say this.

You should have voted Labour at the 2015 General Election. The Labour Manifesto did not offer a EU in or out referendum.

The country clearly wanted a choice, this thread isn't about the result of the vote but what people think it actually achieved.

I don't think labour actually did manifesto's - clearly not many people were interested in reading them, or if they did, they didn't like it or didn't put their faith in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

We are Germany's 3rd biggest trade partner.
We import 20 billion pounds worth of goods from France
We also trade in the Billions with other EU nations , we are the one of the largest economy's in the world , of course we could negotiate free trade deals.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It hasn't achieved anything yet, because article 50 hasn't been invoked.

Personally, I would have invoked it quickly, which would have caught the E.U off guard for sure.

However, we are where we are with it and undoubtedly we will have a watered down version of what many people expected.

We don't have the guy who gave us the option to vote in the referendum, he was quickly hooked off the stage. We do have someone who is non plussed by the E.U and is hell bent on getting rid of the Human Rights laws and sees the exit as an excellent opportunity to do so.

I don't care about immigration, never have, never will.

All of the money saved through exit was never going to go towards the NHS, some will, but probably only a few billion per year.

The E.U need the U.K in order to survive. If they can't have us as a member, they will still want to trade with us. And we will be able to agree a trade deal with India within the next couple of years, which the E.U still doesn't have, even after sixteen years of trying.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We also trade in the Billions with other EU nations , we are the one of the largest economy's in the world , of course we could negotiate free trade deals.

So why are you saying Brexit is dead then? You seem to be saying you aren't happy, make your mind up.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So why are you saying Brexit is dead then? You seem to be saying you aren't happy, make your mind up.

I've already explained that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I've already explained that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So because you talk about imports and exports with other countries in a single market, and because it's bleeding obvious that those countries will have to trade with us in the same manner as they trade with other non EU countries you think you aren't getting what you voted for?

Who exactly said that wouldn't be the case that actually had a leg to stand on when promising such a thing? People like Boris saying that ad nauseum during the campaign never actually legitimised it, he just kept implying it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is just on-going sniping. The establishment still cannot believe that people voted against their will.

Contrary to predictions, the UK has not collapsed.

I was a "remain" man. However, since the referendum I have decided I'm quite keen to see the UK become independent and forge a new life adrift from the EU basket-case. What really changed my mind has been Jean-Claude Junckers' anti-UK rhetoric since BREXIT, proving once and for all the degree that the EU is adrift from its people.

I'm looking forward to a free trade deal with Australia, NZ, Japan, India and other places. The EU is important, but if they want to cut their own noses off to spite their faces then so-be-it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No sniping from me, just couldn't understand what the issue was apart from the reality that we can't trade with an EU country as a non EU country in the same way we can trade with another non EU country (after we've actually left, of course). I still think personally the vote to leave will hurt - at least short to medium term - when it actually comes in, but it's pointless looking back with bitterness, what's done is done and hopefully new opportunities will arise. But they will be new opportunities, not us getting everything our own way with the EU.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Your fears have proven futile, it hasn't had an effect on the economy. We need to start negotiating with our Commonwealth brethren as soon as possible, the Commonwealth is a lot larger than the E.U.

Juncker is a total liability, a drunken opportunist.

What a total Liability, come on people, what is his attraction?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

His attractiveness is that he's a federalist. That's good enough for Germany and France. Plus he's a robot and has no idea of what he should be doing in representing the interests of the average person in the EU. That makes him a perfect candidate. Unaccountable, but with power.

He's an orgasmatron for the bureaucrats.
edit on 22/9/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I'm not so sure about that Gorty, in fact, overall our position was/is really poor, the biggest trading deficit in the EU.

Remember also, George Osborne wanted to consummate a big deal with the Chinese in nuclear power, Ms May has put the knockers on that, ostensibly because of tech intrusion possibilities, so what was that deal about in terms of trade, an import or an export, or 'just' a costly probe into the possibility of a future trading relationship with the Chinese?
The thing is, Germany with its trade surplus CAN do sillies with the Chinese, (it already has a 20billion euro trade deficit with China) we can't, so there is a little mystery about the Chinese triad deal there, since Germany didn't go for something similar or partnership, so what is the real reason for Ms May's intervention...my guess for starters would be, because we are en route to stepping out of the EU...and no dibs, (on the face of it)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
??
edit on 22-9-2016 by smurfy because: Not a double post???

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Your fears have proven futile, it hasn't had an effect on the economy. We need to start negotiating with our Commonwealth brethren as soon as possible, the Commonwealth is a lot larger than the E.U.

I have no fears, but if I did, why do you say they are/were futile? We have yet to leave anything!!!!! The fact that the media are talking about the fact it's x months since the referendum is neither here nor there.

You do know though that we deal with the commonwealth now though, don't you? Bombardier are a Canadian company that make trains in the UK as an example - it's not like we don't deal with such companies right now even though people seem to keep suggesting otherwise.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I have no fears, but if I did, why do you say they are/were futile? We have yet to leave anything!!!!! The fact that the media are talking about the fact it's x months since the referendum is neither here nor there.

You do know though that we deal with the commonwealth now though, don't you? Bombardier are a Canadian company that make trains in the UK as an example - it's not like we don't deal with such companies right now even though people seem to keep suggesting otherwise.

Yes, but we could only deal with Canadian companies, via the E.U, you do know that though, don't you?

We can't trade with India, because the E.U have yet to agree a deal, despite sixteen years of trying. They're pathetic, too many countries to please everyone.

<<   2 >>

join