It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help. House Haunted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is probably a pretty common subject here but im kinda under the impression my house is haunted. First A brief history of the house. It's old from 1928 or so and theres been a few families here. The old man that sold the house to my parents had died like a week or two after the house was sold. However the old man was a bit weird in that he wanted to have his funeral in the house but never did. This is in my opinion one of the souls wandering the house.

The things that are odd. First i used to live in the house with my parents before but they kicked me out when i was young because i was a brat. When i finally moved back in I started noticing odd things. First is the voice i heard when no one else was home like a little kid laughing. Then the second thing is we have a garage door opener and i set the frequency on it to match the door. This is impossible to do without taking the cover off( screwdriver or knife needed). Then some time later my step mother was having trouble with the garage dor it wouldn't open. So i went outside and started pushing the button finally i went inside the garage and pushed the button repeatedly finally i climbed up on a ladder and checked to see if all was well with the garage door opener. After all that nothing worked so i decided to open the little transceiver and check the pins. They were all changed. Later i asked my dad my step mom and even my half sister(6) none of them changed the pins. (odd) Any way theres also the one night i was in bed going to sleep and i heard voices in the kitchen like a man and a woman arguing but when i went downstairs i found to my amazement that everyone was sleeping. Once again another odd thing was mentioned to me about the house my grand mother lived here for a little while and we have motion sensors in all the rooms. She was in bed one night laying completely still and the motion detector went nuts blinking like someone was jumping up and down in front of it and the lights apparently started flickering. She later said she had the impression that someone was telling here that they were going to stay and not leave the house. And one more thing i don't know if its me or the ghosts but i am consatnly seeing things like shadows moving on the walls windows and everything else in my perhperal vision. One day i decided to start using just my pereferral vision to look at things and to my amazement as i watched a wind beside me my hand started moving but i was staying completly still weird huh? Anyway anybody know about these types of things im at a loss for what i should do or think. I have resorted to going to bed everynight thinking about a white circle around me. An a bright white sphere on top and bottom of me.
My own mother told me whenever you feel unsafe to do this.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
umm.... i have had some experiwnces but no quitw as survear as some of yours.

To my knowledge ghost haunt houses and not people so i would suggest you get out of there (depending on your age!!)

I say this as a last resort, i dont know what the situation of your family is because you say nothing about them seeing noticeing the things you do.

If you are not old enough or dont want to do it i would suggest a blessing, which you can do yourself lol you dont need a vicar.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Do you get the feeling that the spirits are malicious? From your description, they don't sound malicious, it just sounds like they are trying to get your attention.

Perhaps if you can do some research and figure out who they are and what they want, you can help them.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe try and look deeper in to your house history, Find a little more about who lived in there also check out the land thats its upon,

Another idea is too keep a log of all the happenings and where in the house they occour, there may be some pattern in which might help.

What feeling do you get from the ghosts/entitys?
bad/good...

Very good idea about invisioning a white light around you, this is a well known practice for protection,

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well im pretty sure if there are spirits they're not malicous because i don't get any bad vibes or anything it just seems like theres more than one and alot of these weird things happening. I too thought they might just be trying to get my attention. I have tried to find some history on the house and previous owners occupants and such. So far i can't find anything i searched the internet and went to the library and so far haven't found anything specific. I'm wondering if there might be something about the house in the newspapers postdated. One thing i have thought about but don't have the nerve for is a ouiji board. I have had many ominous warnings though and i'm pretty sure thats not the way to do it. In my other post i mentioned contact with spirits and the question of wheter or not theres any protective barriers or spells and such to keep bad things from coming into the house from doing such but i have no idea how to pursue this. Theres not much special about my family we get along fine and good now. no abuse or anything dysfuntcional most of the problems that we had before were my fault because i was a misguided individual when i was younger. I moved back in at 19 when i had these wacked neghbours that tried to kill me when i was in a rooming house.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Very good idea about invisioning a white light around you, this is a well known practice for protection,

The white light trick is something i have used almost on instinct whether i belived in its effects or not but when i was in the rooming house I was told there were a few malevolant spirits that had kept my roomate up at the same time i was sleeping peacefully right in the same room. Funny thing is i would go to bed every night envisioning the white light before anyone told me about the ghosts like an intuition or sense if you will. Never saw one of them. Which also leads me to believe if i can see the ghosts effects hear and im doing the white light thing that they aren't bad because that trick would repel them if i understand it right.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ouiji board stay well clear of, And more so if you have fears of it,

Have you tryed talking to the entitys?

have you thought about taking random pics within the house? msaybe something will show up,

[edit on 22-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
buy a bunch of webcams, have the hotspots monitored on harddisk.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman
Do you get the feeling that the spirits are malicious? From your description, they don't sound malicious, it just sounds like they are trying to get your attention.

Perhaps if you can do some research and figure out who they are and what they want, you can help them.

Quite true,the chinese believes that some ghost will try to catch the attention of mortals when they needed help to fulfil some wishes which they had when they are still alive.If you are able to help them or understand what they want,then they will stop disturbing you.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I admit, due to little time I did not read the post or replies. I wanted to tell you though, that although you may not be able to precieve or hear them, if there is indeed something there, they can hear you. Most 'ghost' are hear because they are stubborn and don't want to go, are afraid or not sure how to go, or just don't know (are still in a state of foggy like unawareness)
With this in mind, you can speak directly to them. You might be able to resolve the problem with words alone.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i think its people like the last owner who have something relating to the house. The house is pectacular and huge. I mean if i died before i had the chance to inherit the house im pretty sure my spirit would stick around the house too. But the last owner wanted his funeral here, instead he died in his own house the way he feared he would with no one around him except his own possesions. he may have come to the house in spirit to simply be here. I'm not willing to have a mock funeral to satisfy his spirit either.
The other things and what not that are here im to sure of.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
ouiji board stay well clear of, And more so if you have fears of it,

Have you tryed talking to the entitys?

have you thought about taking random pics within the house? msaybe something will show up,

[edit on 22-1-2005 by asala]

I agree with basicly every thing asala says, except for the pictures...they can scar you...only take pictures if your ready. My brothers girlfriend, Sarah, is interested in ghosts and stuff but one day her and her friend (please excuse grammer too lazy to be all correct like) took a picture of this really nice bike that had tiger things on it, so it looked like they chopped of pieces of a tiger and put it on the big and it was soooo, wait getting off topic. anyways there was a glass thing behind it, and there was a demon in the picture. so dont take pictures uinless you wanna get scared (they took it to the Warens to ask what they thought, and they said it was a demon)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well speaking of talking to the ghosts there was one really eweird night were i was in bed and sleeping when me bed started shaking in my dream i thought it was some type of ghosts trying to mess me up so i tried to mve in my dream that took alot of efforet but when i finally was able to sit up i thrust my hands out in front of me in the air and said " i banish thee". I woke up in the same position as i was in my dream and scared S#@tless.
Ever since i haven't heard any voices but i still see things out of my peripheral vision.

new topics

top topics

join