It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terence Crutcher Video of Shooting and Arrest Record

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sure I am aware cars can break down for any number of reasons and still be running.

So your car Blew Up? Cars blow up all the time? I can't remember ever seeing a recall for a car that blows up.

The account from the caller is very much in line with a PCP episode. I have plenty of knowledge of cars and also know that they can be moved out of the road. He obviously was not too concerned as he walked back to his car that was about to blow up though right? Right.

You seem to have the sole agenda of painting this poor dead man with a drug brush. Why is that? Is it that much of an offensive thought to you that the cops may have actually screwed up that you would go and make up stuff to suit your agenda? What evidence do you have that he was "high on PCP" apart from your own THEORY that because "cars cannot blow up except in the movies" he MUST be high and deserved to be shot dead?

Huh? Have you even read the reports on this? The officer believed he was high on PCP AND PCP was found in his car. No need to paint anything....

And please let me know, or show me, in your massive automotive knowledge how a car can blow up? Just a video or whatever will do. His wasn't burning or smoking, didn't even appear to have anything wrong. Typically for something to blow up, unless there is a bomb involved, there has to be fire involved. Plenty of video of the entire incident to show there was no fire or smoke, and none was reported by the 911 calls or the police.

So yeah...cars don't blow up unless it is in a movie.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why don't they release police records then?

His Criminal Record has nothing to do with the fact that he was Murdered and is just another way the Media and Police can sway Public opinion and ""Justify"" Murder

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager There were 42 cops killed in 2015, cops killed around 1,200 people.

Let's break those numbers down.

42/330,000,000= .0000127% chance

1200/800,000 (closest estimate of full time cops I could find) = 0.15% chance

Who should be frightened of whom again?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And please let me know, or show me, in your massive automotive knowledge how a car can blow up? Just a video or whatever will do.

Here's literally the first two examples that showed up on Google when I searched for "car blowing up" and dismissing the obvious movie stunt ones....

Feel free to Google the same search term on your own PC and peruse through the MANY videos it returns results for, even when you disclude the obvious stunt ones. Took me all of 5 seconds to search this, I am sure you can manage that yourself next time instead of blowing nonsense out your rear end and claiming it as fact.

edit on 22/9/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

And please let me know, or show me, in your massive automotive knowledge how a car can blow up? Just a video or whatever will do.

Here's literally the first two examples that showed up on Google when I searched for "car blowing up" and dismissing the obvious movie stunt ones....

Feel free to Google the same search term on your own PC and peruse through the MANY videos it returns results for, even when you disclude the obvious stunt ones. Took me all of 5 seconds to search this, I am sure you can manage that yourself next time instead of blowing nonsense out your rear end and claiming it as fact.

Your example is a HOMEMADE gas powered car... I'd wager not too many of those on the streets. The fact is that cars rarely "blow up". They catch fire... but they don't "blow up"

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

LOL...ok, so your first was a viral video of an idiot that supercharged and nitrous'd his Dodge neon then revved the engine until the rods went through the hood.

The second was, even as posted on the video, a HOME MADE gas powered car....

Crutcher appeared to have a standard either Lincoln Navigator or Ford Expedition from the images.

But yeah...I didn't really expect you to be able to come up with anything relevant as there is nothing. What of all of this automotive experience you speak of?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: onehuman

For me it's VERY telling that higher ranked police and agencies are viewing this as a criminal investigation.

All investigations done by police are technically criminal investigations.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
First, have any of you been following the violence against police officers..by blacks? They are ambushed in their cars, off duty, riots, not protests, in major cities. How about those killed in Cold Blood in Texas..and LA?

Sorry, but they have done it to themselves right now. As an officer, of any color, you are scared based on the current climate. Does this give the right to shoot anyone? No. Does it increase you chance of getting shot when 'keeping it real"? Yes.

Cause and Effect.

More white people than blacks are killed each year at the hand of police and i do not see them in the streets throwing rocks and burning down the local starbucks.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

The way you broke those numbers down, as erroneous as you did, indicates that a cop has just a .0000127 chance of being killed by a citizen and a citizen has a .15% chance of being killed by a cop.

But even so, the methodology of how you calculated that is wrong. With the exception that out of 800,000 full time officers, each has a .15% chance that they will kill a citizen every year.

A better approach would be a ratio of police encounters with citizens that turned deadly for either. 1242 deaths = 1242 encounters. 1200 police, 42 citizens.

That means for every 103.5 encounters between citizens that ended with a death of either the citizen or the officer, 100 of them would be citizens and 3.5 would be officers.

So in a deadly encounter with police, you have 96.61% chance that you will be killed while the officer has a 3.39% chance.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

In Australia he would still be alive and probably happy that the police stopped to help with help his broken down car by getting a tow truck and directing traffic.

Just saying

My friend this ain't Australia. This is the wilderness of North America

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

So why are they so afraid of us?

4% vs 96% is a yuuuge margin.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Strange, two black shootings and two terrorist incidents all about the same time. Interesting.

I guess these things come in pairs

I think October will be hot...very hot

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

There are plenty more examples you can choose from when you search that Google term I posted earlier. I stated, quite clearly and in plain English that I merely picked the first two in the list after discounting the obvious stunt videos. I have no desire to do your work for you gentlemen, I am confident you can type the 12 letters I did above without too much hassle and view the many other examples yourselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

What does cars blowing up in reality have to do with what he thought was happening at the time?

So a cop can perceive a threat where there is none and it's all honky dory but a guy can't perceive that his car might blow up? And he must be on PCP if he thinks so?

Really?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
First, have any of you been following the violence against police officers..by blacks? They are ambushed in their cars, off duty, riots, not protests, in major cities. How about those killed in Cold Blood in Texas..and LA?

Sorry, but they have done it to themselves right now. As an officer, of any color, you are scared based on the current climate. Does this give the right to shoot anyone? No. Does it increase you chance of getting shot when 'keeping it real"? Yes.

Cause and Effect.

More white people than blacks are killed each year at the hand of police and i do not see them in the streets throwing rocks and burning down the local starbucks.

Then those white people might need to get in the streets more if the killings are unjustified.

Naturally the historically oppressed are more sensitive to these incidents

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

You should probably direct that question to Vasa Croe, he/she is the one determined to make a big deal out of it. I was simply stating that the driver could have genuinely thought that their car was going to "blow up" for any number of reasons, and Vasa decided to make a big issue out of it. Also, Vasa Croe is the one making the PCP claims, not me.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This one is a bit more tricky, but I do think justified in the shooting. His car was in the middle of the road, blocking both lanes.

Because it was broken down, funnily enough. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

He was not complying and was acting like a person would on PCP.

He had committed no crime and had simply phoned for assistance with his broken down vehicle. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

While they likely COULD have taken him down without killing him,

Why take him down? Since when is a broken down car suddenly a crime? Reason to shoot him? I think not.

I don't think killing him was necessary in this case,

One would hope not. I certainly hope that when I break down in my vehicle that Im not going to get shot dead by the cops simply for requesting help. Oh wait, that wouldn't happen in any other civilised country including my own.

Reason to shoot him? I think not.

but was there any weapon found at all?

None whatsoever as far as I am aware. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

Kinda torn on this one other than to say....don't be a criminal.....you have a 100% better chance of avoiding police altercations that way.

More like "Don't break down in America or you'll get shot to pieces by the cops".

Broken down? That was what his family claims. The actual 911 call to alert police to the initial situation was this:

The first came from a woman who said an abandoned vehicle was blocking the street and a man was running away, warning that it was going to blow up.

“Somebody left their vehicle running in the middle of the street with their doors wide open,” the caller said. “The doors are open, the vehicle is still running. It’s an SUV. It’s in the middle of the street, it’s blocking traffic.”

Source

So the vehicle was still running blocking both lanes of traffic, not broken down, the doors are open and he is running away warning that it is going to blow up?

That sounds like the effects of PCP to me. Ever seen a car actually blow up except in the movies? Seen plenty burning on the side of the road, but never blow up.

Anywho...keep on with the narrative you choose.

I say he was high on PCP, stopped his vehicle in the middle of the road out of some paranoia PCP induced hallucination and freaked out. Didn't comply with commands and went back to the vehicle he stated was going to blow up?

You spelled PCP wrong...

It's spelled "C-R-A-C-K"

-Chris

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I agree, best thing to do is listen to cops.

This is the first response I see every time one of this incidents happen. When personally, I think the first response is what should the officer have done, since they are supposed to be the professionals, the skilled and knowledgeable ones.

Okay, people use drugs, we know that. If she suspected he was high and walking away from her with his hands high in the air, and she feared that he was going to get a weapon, then she could have tasered him before he got to the car. There were several other police officers on the scene and involved. There was no reason, not one, that warranted killing this man.

I don't care if he had a ton of heroin in the car. The heroin in the car is not a threat to the lives of the officers. I don't care if he had a thousand warrants. They obviously were looking for him too hard, so why would the outstanding warrants suddenly be the justification for his assassination?

You can speak of all the things that he did wrong and some of them may even be true, but none of them justified her killing this man at the time she says she was suspicious of him.

If an officer is justified in killing someone every time their spidy sense go off then we had better all take cover. Lock your children in the house, install bulletproof siding and battering ram proofed doors. While you are at it add a wall and a moat.

The cop didn't just 'overreact', she murdered him.

I agree 100%.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I wonder and ask because I do not know the answer. Did this LEO have a taser? Not all LEO's are issued tasers as standard equipment. If this LEO did not have a taser available, then what? Say "pretty please stop or I'll yell stop again"? Looking at this person's very long rap sheet and the flagrant disregard for officers, and convictions for attacking officers and drug charges/arrests, do you honestly think the suspect would have complied finally, this time?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

There are plenty more examples you can choose from when you search that Google term I posted earlier. I stated, quite clearly and in plain English that I merely picked the first two in the list after discounting the obvious stunt videos. I have no desire to do your work for you gentlemen, I am confident you can type the 12 letters I did above without too much hassle and view the many other examples yourselves.

I did...they are all of cars being blown up by explosives, except the 2 you posted which I already explained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join