It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Terence Crutcher Video of Shooting and Arrest Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I apologize for a short post, but wanted to get this out there. On phone and hard to do this the way I would really like too as far as presentation.

They now have the video posted and also TErence Crutchers police record. Doesn't seem quite so innocent now in this new perspective.

All this can be seen at this link - conservativetribune.com...
NOTE VIDEO NSFW

Apologies if already posted, my doctor keeps coming in and out and not getting the best reception here
edit on 9/22/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The officer fired her weapon and it wasn't necessary. Trigger happy cop who didn't have self control and broke under pressure. She should have never been a cop.

Not listening to police orders is not a good enough reason to be shot. She claimed that he was reaching into the window, but evidence from the video has shown that there is blood splatter on the window as it was rolled up.

While there was PCP in the car, and it's possible that he was on it, there was still no reason to shoot an unarmed man that wasn't making sudden movements.

But hey, "he looks like a bad dude".

This situation is a perfect example of a police state.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
While there was PCP in the car, and it's possible that he was on it, there was still no reason to shoot an unarmed man that wasn't making sudden movements.

He was ignoring cops, arms down, and the frame before being shot, reaching to his waist

Did the cop overreact? personally, my untrained view says sure. wait until there is a gun literally in view and pointing, but it isn't a fully dirty shot either. I would chalk this up to listen to cops, keep your hands up, and just lay on the ground if you want to live. dont walk away, try to get into your car, and reach to your waist.

its really not that hard.

I am in favor of all cops required to have live body cams on them at all times. This seems necessary.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I would chalk this up to listen to cops, keep your hands up, and just lay on the ground if you want to live. dont walk away, try to get into your car, and reach to your waist.

I agree, best thing to do is listen to cops.

Here's the thing; he wasn't pulled over and he hadn't committed any crime. The officer herself said she thought the vehicle was disabled. He was acting 'suspicious' as he had his hands in his pockets and the officer told him twice to take his hands out, along with several other gestures(this is according to the officers testimony and not shown in video).

But what does that matter? He didn't show any signs of aggression, wasn't committing a crime, wasn't pulled over for a traffic violation. He was acting 'suspicious' and not following orders, which he had no reason to as he was not being arrested or detained.

The cop didn't just 'overreact', she murdered him.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In Australia he would still be alive and probably happy that the police stopped to help with help his broken down car by getting a tow truck and directing traffic.

Just saying

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This one is a bit more tricky, but I do think justified in the shooting. His car was in the middle of the road, blocking both lanes. He was not complying and was acting like a person would on PCP. While they likely COULD have taken him down without killing him, the still photos from the choppercam show a different story than what media are portraying. He is clearly at the front door of his vehicle and at least one hand by his side. Was the window open on the drivers door and was he attempting to reach in? He was not complying from what I see.

I don't think killing him was necessary in this case, but was there any weapon found at all? If his plates were run they would have known his background prior to confronting him so would have been on high alert for a potential altercation.

Kinda torn on this one other than to say....don't be a criminal.....you have a 100% better chance of avoiding police altercations that way.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This one is a bit more tricky, but I do think justified in the shooting. His car was in the middle of the road, blocking both lanes.

Because it was broken down, funnily enough. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

He was not complying and was acting like a person would on PCP.

He had committed no crime and had simply phoned for assistance with his broken down vehicle. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

While they likely COULD have taken him down without killing him,

Why take him down? Since when is a broken down car suddenly a crime? Reason to shoot him? I think not.

I don't think killing him was necessary in this case,

One would hope not. I certainly hope that when I break down in my vehicle that Im not going to get shot dead by the cops simply for requesting help. Oh wait, that wouldn't happen in any other civilised country including my own.

Reason to shoot him? I think not.

but was there any weapon found at all?

None whatsoever as far as I am aware. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

Kinda torn on this one other than to say....don't be a criminal.....you have a 100% better chance of avoiding police altercations that way.

More like "Don't break down in America or you'll get shot to pieces by the cops".

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

I would chalk this up to listen to cops, keep your hands up, and just lay on the ground if you want to live. dont walk away, try to get into your car, and reach to your waist.

I agree, best thing to do is listen to cops.

Here's the thing; he wasn't pulled over and he hadn't committed any crime. The officer herself said she thought the vehicle was disabled. He was acting 'suspicious' as he had his hands in his pockets and the officer told him twice to take his hands out, along with several other gestures(this is according to the officers testimony and not shown in video).

But what does that matter? He didn't show any signs of aggression, wasn't committing a crime, wasn't pulled over for a traffic violation. He was acting 'suspicious' and not following orders, which he had no reason to as he was not being arrested or detained.

The cop didn't just 'overreact', she murdered him.

You do realize there are people who can smile and joke with you while stabbing you correct? SO just because he is not acting aggressive outwardly dont mean he is being passive. Cops have a right to life as well and too many cops have been killed by letting the same actions happen by the perp walking back to their car and then grabbing a weapon. Dude ignored the warnings and go this just deserets.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

more than likely if he hated cops they would be dead.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

This one is a bit more tricky, but I do think justified in the shooting. His car was in the middle of the road, blocking both lanes.

Because it was broken down, funnily enough. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

He was not complying and was acting like a person would on PCP.

He had committed no crime and had simply phoned for assistance with his broken down vehicle. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

While they likely COULD have taken him down without killing him,

Why take him down? Since when is a broken down car suddenly a crime? Reason to shoot him? I think not.

I don't think killing him was necessary in this case,

One would hope not. I certainly hope that when I break down in my vehicle that Im not going to get shot dead by the cops simply for requesting help. Oh wait, that wouldn't happen in any other civilised country including my own.

but was there any weapon found at all?

None whatsoever as far as I am aware. Reason to shoot him? I think not.

More like "Don't break down in America or you'll get shot to pieces by the cops".

Broken down? That was what his family claims. The actual 911 call to alert police to the initial situation was this:

The first came from a woman who said an abandoned vehicle was blocking the street and a man was running away, warning that it was going to blow up.

“Somebody left their vehicle running in the middle of the street with their doors wide open,” the caller said. “The doors are open, the vehicle is still running. It’s an SUV. It’s in the middle of the street, it’s blocking traffic.”

Source

So the vehicle was still running blocking both lanes of traffic, not broken down, the doors are open and he is running away warning that it is going to blow up?

That sounds like the effects of PCP to me. Ever seen a car actually blow up except in the movies? Seen plenty burning on the side of the road, but never blow up.

Anywho...keep on with the narrative you choose.

I say he was high on PCP, stopped his vehicle in the middle of the road out of some paranoia PCP induced hallucination and freaked out. Didn't comply with commands and went back to the vehicle he stated was going to blow up?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You do realize there are people who can smile and joke with you while stabbing you correct? SO just because he is not acting aggressive outwardly dont mean he is being passive. Cops have a right to life as well and too many cops have been killed by letting the same actions happen by the perp walking back to their car and then grabbing a weapon. Dude ignored the warnings and go this just deserets.

So cops can kill a person if they suspect they are being passive agressive? Don't they have enough 'get out of jail free cards' already?

Cops have a right to life - but so do citizens. There were 42 cops killed in 2015, cops killed around 1,200 people.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Kryties

more than likely if he hated cops they would be dead.

Hated them so much he called them for assistance with his broken down vehicle?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So the vehicle was still running blocking both lanes of traffic, not broken down, the doors are open and he is running away warning that it is going to blow up?

You do realise that cars can be broken down when they are still running don't you? The throttle could have got stuck and the engine could have been overrevving and he may have genuinely thought his car was going to blow up. This actually happens more often than people realise. It's happened to me before, and I'm damn glad the police who came to help me didnt shoot me to pieces for something that was out of my control. Not that they would here in Australia, our cops have more restraint than yours.

That sounds like the effects of PCP to me. Ever seen a car actually blow up except in the movies? Seen plenty burning on the side of the road, but never blow up.

This is based on your clearly limited knowledge of cars and the problems they can have.

A "narrative" supported by oodles of evidence.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

So cops can kill a person if they suspect they are being passive agressive? Don't they have enough 'get out of jail free cards' already?

Cops have a right to life - but so do citizens. There were 42 cops killed in 2015, cops killed around 1,200 people.

Yes but:

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

Source

Almost twice the amount of whites were killed by police as blacks....but yeah...LEO is still targeting black people....

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This one is a bit more tricky, but I do think justified in the shooting. His car was in the middle of the road, blocking both lanes. He was not complying and was acting like a person would on PCP. While they likely COULD have taken him down without killing him, the still photos from the choppercam show a different story than what media are portraying. He is clearly at the front door of his vehicle and at least one hand by his side. Was the window open on the drivers door and was he attempting to reach in? He was not complying from what I see.

I don't think killing him was necessary in this case, but was there any weapon found at all? If his plates were run they would have known his background prior to confronting him so would have been on high alert for a potential altercation.

It is pointless to try to have a rational conversation with some of the people. They will ignore facts and the volatile situation created by non-compliance. For many of them, cops aren't justified in shooting unless the criminal shoots first. So in their minds, cops have to play Russian Roulette with their lives and hope that the perp is a bad shot before the police should be allowed to draw their weapons.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

You do realise that cars can be broken down when they are still running don't you? The throttle could have got stuck and the engine could have been overrevving and he may have genuinely thought his car was going to blow up. This actually happens more often than people realise. It's happened to me before, and I'm damn glad the police who came to help me didnt shoot me to pieces for something that was out of my control. Not that they would here in Australia, our cops have more restraint than yours.

This is based on your clearly limited knowledge of cars and the problems they can have.

A "narrative" supported by oodles of evidence.

Sure I am aware cars can break down for any number of reasons and still be running.

So your car Blew Up? Cars blow up all the time? I can't remember ever seeing a recall for a car that blows up.

The account from the caller is very much in line with a PCP episode. I have plenty of knowledge of cars and also know that they can be moved out of the road. He obviously was not too concerned as he walked back to his car that was about to blow up though right? Right.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Now that I am home and can add to this a little better, I think that even though we are now seeing a bit more, we are still over looking some things plain as day.

For one, His rap sheet:

1996 Shooting with intent to kill — Dismissed
2001 Petit larceny — Conviction
2004 Driving while suspended — Conviction
2005 Driving while suspended, resisting officer — Conviction
2006 Driving while suspended — Conviction
Driving with open container — Dismissed
2006 Trafficking in illegal drugs — Conviction. (He was also charged in that incident with assault on a police officer and resisting, but that was dismissed.)
2011 Public intoxication (while in prison for drug trafficking) — Conviction
2012 Public intoxication — Conviction
Obstructing an officer — Conviction
2013 DUI — Conviction
Resisting officer — Conviction
Open Container — Conviction
Failure to wear seatbelt — Conviction
Speeding — Conviction

Clearly he has had a problem with Resisting Officers, as well as one incident where he actually assaulted an officer.

He also had 5 warrants for his arrest from 8/30/16:

Again for resisting and obstruction.

So we know he has a pattern of being difficult.

I don't know how much information was sent back over the radio to the officers on the scene about this guy when they ran his name, but I'm sure something had to of come up.

He appeared to me in the video to be doing more of the same, basically resisting again. He didn't appear to be complying. We have no idea if he was running his mouth or not or being verbally threatening. If he was high on PCP he could have been babbling any number of things or feeling like superman.

I'm just trying to say that there are a whole lot of factors that went into this that probably fell like dominos up to the point the officer felt compelled to shoot... Perhaps not the cleanest, but I myself don't think she outright murdered the man. At least not until I know more facts of what else transpired besides what we have seen so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Sure I am aware cars can break down for any number of reasons and still be running.

So your car Blew Up? Cars blow up all the time? I can't remember ever seeing a recall for a car that blows up.

The account from the caller is very much in line with a PCP episode. I have plenty of knowledge of cars and also know that they can be moved out of the road. He obviously was not too concerned as he walked back to his car that was about to blow up though right? Right.

You seem to have the sole agenda of painting this poor dead man with a drug brush. Why is that? Is it that much of an offensive thought to you that the cops may have actually screwed up that you would go and make up stuff to suit your agenda? What evidence do you have that he was "high on PCP" apart from your own THEORY that because "cars cannot blow up except in the movies" he MUST be high and deserved to be shot dead?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

For me it's VERY telling that higher ranked police and agencies are viewing this as a criminal investigation.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm not a Black Lives Matter supporter at all. And I agree that the ratio of blacks to whites killed by police is near proportionate to criminal activity.

This isn't a race issue for me. It's an issue of excessive police force.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join