It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there sublimal images on ATS webpage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I have my own website and would never try and haunt the person who is browsing with controversial background images.

What is controversial is your presence on a conspiracy website, if you think these images are controversial...

Big laugh though, thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I have my own website and would never try and haunt the person who is browsing with controversial background images.

What is controversial is your presence on a conspiracy website, if you think these images are controversial...

Big laugh though, thanks.

They are controversial because of the subliminal nature.

These are not images of landscape, scenery, etc. They are political . They are subliminal too. As I said earlier, even if you zoom in to avoid them , they are still visible underneath the transparent page you are on.

This is prime subject matter for a conspiracy website.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

They are controversial because of the subliminal nature.

There is nothing subliminal about them, they are clearly there as background images. Subliminal is not what this is lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Resize your browser. Unless, of course, you want to see the background.

Thanks , I have tried that.

The problem is that the resized page is transparent and still lets through the imagery. It depends on the background picture. Some will easily go through the foreground page. For example, the background picture of "climate change" will easily come across from underneath. It is subliminal in that respect . It hits your subconscious while you are actually focussing on the threads.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

subliminal
səˈblɪmɪn(ə)l/
adjectivePSYCHOLOGY
adjective: subliminal
(of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it.
synonyms: subconscious, unconscious; More
hidden, concealed
"the screen flashed subliminal messages"
antonyms: explicit

You can see them and know what they are. That would makes them not subliminal at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Hmm, I always thought subliminal images where ones you didn't even know you saw? The background wallpaper here is not subliminal as I understand the concept.

You are right about subliminal images being ones you didn't even know you saw. However, next time you are on ATS, please pay attention to the following :-

1)Whilst you are focussing on a thread, are you aware of the backgroung image? Probably not, but your subsconcious is

2)If you try to rezise your browser to make them disappear, they are still visible underneath the transparent thread page you are on. Now, this is exactly what you were referring to: Subliminal images you did not even know you saw

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Can we just change the term subliminal for not really noticeable unless you actually look?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I thought the idea of subliminal messages is that you were unaware you were being given the message.

sub·lim·i·nal
ˌsəbˈlimənl/
adjective
(of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it.
edit on 22-9-2016 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Screw the background subliminal images. What about the words and letters I see in every post? They make me think and learn things. When will this madness end?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Funny, all this time, and I don't think I have ever looked at them. I do as many others have stated, and zoom in, so the edges don't show, and the text in the threads is larger. Same as on a news page, to see just what I am reading. I'd guess they are related to various conspiracy topics, though, which would make sense. Might have to look sometime. Maybe.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Can we just change the term subliminal for not really noticeable unless you actually look?

I may have stretched the meaning of "subliminal" slightly. Still the point I am making it that those background images do imprint themselves on the subconscious and they are all political . Why not put neutral images such as landscapes or real wallpapers as the wallpapers in a house.

The problem is that we are spending hours concentrating on the contents of posts without noticing politically and ideologically provocative imagery which our subconscious is taking in. It can have an adverse effect. It would be better to have neutral imagery (landscapes , etc) or even some pinup models.... or may be not . Perhaps not a good idea to have sexy girls. We'd get horny after spending time on ATS without knowing why. All due to the subliminal effect .

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I get the point you are making but I find the backgrounds absolutely appropriate to the website.

Why not put neutral images such as landscapes or real wallpapers as the wallpapers in a house

Then we would all think we were in IKEA, and IKEA is worse than Hell.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Then we would all think we were in IKEA, and IKEA is worse than Hell.

So true

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
1)The Climate change wallpaper,
2)The astronaut next to the landing craft somewhere in the desert
3)The meeting of the leaders of the world picture ?
and so on.

found a thread which displays all of the wallpaper / backgrounds in full
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If you are using windows Edge browser, there is an open book looking icon up next to the star icon. Clicking it will open the page in reader format with a white background and very little formatting. I use it to remove the clutter from newsfeeds and online articles. It will let you see the text clearly without distraction but it also removes most hyperlinks and other good stuff. It is perfect for a stripped down read of the current page.

For what you are really asking, you may need to write a browser script or launcher page to load ATS in an iframe and remove the background styling if you want to view the whole site in a more normal fashion.

Or petition the board to have a config flag created to put up a white or black plain background.

Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They are not subliminal messages, not by meaning, and not by even stretching the meaning as that would be changing the core meaning of what subliminal messages actually mean.

You're are on a conspiracy website, the first thing you think of and your subconscious thinks of is the various different conspiracy theories that is connected to the website and any other theories that already lay in your mind, the backgrounds are the same as you looking at the various news items on the front page, or looking at the various different forums threads on the main page; it's the same process.

If you were to have no knowledge of the subjects 9of the backgrounds, it would not trigger a memory, however if you do it would be like "Oh yeah, the fake (or not) moon landing" with your mind thinking of the last or striking memory of what you read/saw last time.

Personally I found the backgrounds annoying to begin with, then I adapted to the change, if I want to I could remove the backgrounds, and set a neutral color tone or image of my choice, but I care not to do so.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's just mind control. It doesn't bother me, because I wear a tin foil hat.

Actually, it's not tin foil, but rather a very nicely modified Bell carbon composite bicycle helmet, which is much more effective in keeping out those danged mind control rays, and is a lot more stylish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join