It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Lamont Scott record...multiple armed felonies but yeah...lets protest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
multiple felony convictions

So, Scott was convicted of a misdemeanor 12 years ago, driving under the influence last year, charged with some other stuff 25 years ago, was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (a felony) served his time, and was released 5 years ago.

Where are the "multiple" felony convictions? I see one, for which he served his time. So, are you saying that if a person is convicted of a felony and serve their time, their killing can be justified, even when the cops don't know who it is they're shooting or what his past history is?

Sure, some of the shootings can't be justified, but this one is NOT one of those.

No, what is being said is that it points to the character of said victim. Someone's past behavior most certainly can be (not always) representative of their current behavior. So when trying to ascertain the facts of the interaction that led to his death, his past violent interactions and run in the law most certainly can shed light on what may have gone down. A gun is clearly visible in the pictures. The story being pushed by the SJW crowd and MSM media is leaving out pertinent facts.

Let's flip the script. Let's say a white guy kills a black guy for no reason. Come to find out, the white guy was a convicted felon and was part of Aryan Nation while in prison. His prison sentence was 10 years ago. I assure you that every detail of the white guy's past associations and criminal record will be connected to the current crime of killing a black guy. When evaluating the case, would you ignore the white guy's skin head proclivities in trying to ascertain the motive?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

multiple felony convictions

So, Scott was convicted of a misdemeanor 12 years ago, driving under the influence last year, charged with some other stuff 25 years ago, was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (a felony) served his time, and was released 5 years ago.

Where are the "multiple" felony convictions? I see one, for which he served his time. So, are you saying that if a person is convicted of a felony and serve their time, their killing can be justified, even when the cops don't know who it is they're shooting or what his past history is?

Sure, some of the shootings can't be justified, but this one is NOT one of those.

No...what I am saying is that these idiot rioters are rioting over someone that WAS a convicted felon and was AGAIN breaking the law by having a gun on his person as a convicted felon..he obviously had no respect for laws.

All of his convictions, except the DUI, had aggravated charges and/or deadly weapon charges with them, even if downgraded when pleading.

Sorry...this guy was a career criminal and I will happily give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Anyone been able to find out what this man's supposed "Disability" was? It is being reported all over the news but has only been said by his family with no explanation and apparently no real proof of any disability. Was he in a handicapped parking spot at the school? Was it a mental disability or physical? Anyone know?

His disability was he couldn't tell a gun from a book, and neither could his family.

But his family tells a different story. They say Scott was reading a book in his carwhile waiting for his son to be dropped off by a school bus.

Putney said “I can tell you a weapon was seized, a handgun, I can also tell you we did not find a bookthat was made reference to. We did find a weapon, and the witnesses corroborated it too, beyond just the officers.”

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
No, what is being said is that it points to the character of said victim.

So, the cop that killed him KNEW about his "character" and past behavior?

A gun is clearly visible in the pictures.

That looks like it could be an oil stain on the pavement...

Let's say a white guy kills a black guy for no reason. Come to find out, the white guy was a convicted felon and was part of Aryan Nation while in prison. His prison sentence was 10 years ago. I assure you that every detail of the white guy's past associations and criminal record will be connected to the current crime of killing a black guy. When evaluating the case, would you ignore the white guy's skin head proclivities in trying to ascertain the motive?

No, but you're talking about AFTER the fact of the killing and you're talking about the KILLER, not the victim. My question is - what information did the COP have at the time of the shooting that justifies this killing? The cop didn't know WHO it was OR his past.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Logically, if police are targeting black men one would think that there would be some incidents where a black guy is killed who doesn't have a criminal record. Show me a black accountant who got shot by police? Show me a black doctor who got shot by police. Show me a black lawyer getting shot by police. Show me a black school teacher being shot by police. Heck, just show me a black guy with no record of any kind getting shot by police.

Point to THREE examples...

Keep in mind, some 5000 blacks are killed every year by other black folks by in large. Point to THREE examples of police killing blacks that meets the criteria above in the past DECADE just to even make it easier.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No...what I am saying is that these idiot rioters are rioting over someone

Yeah, I'm not defending the rioters. I see your point there. My problem is with you saying that this killing is JUSTIFIED, because of what has been found out AFTER the fact.

Sorry...this guy was a career criminal and I will happily give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case.

So, the cop KNEW he was a career criminal? Or did they really know ANYTHING about him? Other than his race?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, but you're talking about AFTER the fact of the killing and you're talking about the KILLER, not the victim. My question is - what information did the COP have at the time of the shooting that justifies this killing? The cop didn't know WHO it was OR his past.

Maybe when they saw him enter the vehicle with a gun they had a small hint of what they were dealing with.

On Tuesday, Putney said officers were executing a search for a man with outstanding warrants whenthey witnessed Scott get into a car with a handgun. Scott was not the man they were looking for, but police engaged him when he then got out of and back into the car with the gun, Putney said.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Let's say a white guy kills a black guy for no reason. Come to find out, the white guy was a convicted felon and was part of Aryan Nation while in prison. His prison sentence was 10 years ago. I assure you that every detail of the white guy's past associations and criminal record will be connected to the current crime of killing a black guy. When evaluating the case, would you ignore the white guy's skin head proclivities in trying to ascertain the motive?

No....he didn't know about his character. He knew he had a gun, which was odd for a man supposedly reading a book to get out of a car holding a gun. The same man who knew it was another felony for him to possess a gun in the first place. And he was waiting for kids at a bus stop with a gun in hand....but yeah....probably nothing odd about that...I carry mine to the bus stop ALL the time....../sarcasm

We honestly don't know what the cop knew or didn't at this point. He could have run the plates of the vehicle and found that it was connected to Scott.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am also sure this is not an oil stain...

They typically don't have shadows or the curve of the handle of a pistol, but hey....if others say it enough then maybe, just maybe, rioters will believe it is an oil stain....

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Anyone been able to find out what this man's supposed "Disability" was? It is being reported all over the news but has only been said by his family with no explanation and apparently no real proof of any disability. Was he in a handicapped parking spot at the school? Was it a mental disability or physical? Anyone know?

A lot of folks apply for disability whether or not they are actually disabled.

Easier than getting a job and a lot less work too.

Plus sympathy.

Win win.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Plus sympathy.

Win win.

Yeah...I know that. I am just wondering what the actual disability was. His daughter shouted it and it is being "heralded" by all MSM that a disabled man reading a book was shot.....talk about a sympathy play.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No...what I am saying is that these idiot rioters are rioting over someone

Yeah, I'm not defending the rioters. I see your point there. My problem is with you saying that this killing is JUSTIFIED, because of what has been found out AFTER the fact.

So, the cop KNEW he was a career criminal? Or did they really know ANYTHING about him? Other than his race?

you do know they can pull up a criminal record in a police car correct? they knew who he was and his past record.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thugs usually die a thug life. Look how many chances this career thug had to turn his life around but in the end he pulled a gun on a cop. No crocodile tears for this guy.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Plus sympathy.

Win win.

I agree but those of us who do need it cannot get it thanks to these pricks gaming the system. I got scoliosis and bad knees,top that off with chronic carpal tunnel. And ive been trying for 5 yrs.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

AFTER the fact of a killing, responsible people try to piece together what happen and not jump to conclusions. Just as I am going to examine the background of the guy killed, I am also going to examine the background of the police officer who shot him. It is funny, those who claim that the extensive criminal record of the victim are irrelevant will be the first to want to see the performance reviews, etc of the police. You can't have it both ways. Both sides backgrounds are relevant in understanding what may have happened.

Usually the simplest answer is the correct answer. Did the victim brandish a firearm and threaten police? It appears the answer is yes. Secondly, I am asking, does this behavior seem reasonable by the victim? Based on the previous criminal record of assault and carrying weapons, the answer is again, yes. Is there anything in the cops background that would suggest they harrass people or were unfit for duty? We don't know yet, but I am sure that information will come out one way or another.

Do you see who this works?

edit on 22-9-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Now show me a squeeky clean black man actually reading a book, being shot by police and I may change my opinion. This guy was neither clean, nor reading a book....he was a career criminal in and out of jail numerous times.

By that logic just round up all potential criminals and execute them before they commit any more 'petty' crimes.

All you're doing is blaming the victim, when the real crime committed here was murder.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: intrptr

Are you sure about that?

What upsets me about the riots over Keith Scott is they have taken all attention off from Terrence Crutcher. Who, IMO, was murdered by police.

I am sure they have no video of gun in his hand for if they did they'd show it. All that cruiser cam, body cam footage has been sequestered. My guess is because it doesn't show him with a gun in hand.

Further, I expect the same police hiding that footage to be sure to tell the truth about whether he was armed, too. Remember the initial reports say he wasn't armed, as in actually brandishing a firearm at police, i.e., the reason they opened fire in the first place.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not sure of that but on the itv news in UK reporting on this shooting
It showed another vid of an unarmed man hands held in submission being shot down by a female officer

A clip of Hilary followed showing her speaking about Police Culture and how it must change
Also showed Donald who about this vid said he was deeply disturbed
But to be clear this was about another shooting

edit on 22-9-2016 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Now show me a squeeky clean black man actually reading a book, being shot by police and I may change my opinion. This guy was neither clean, nor reading a book....he was a career criminal in and out of jail numerous times.

By that logic just round up all potential criminals and execute them before they commit any more 'petty' crimes.

All you're doing is blaming the victim, when the real crime committed here was murder.

And all you are doing is jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

Again, the entire premise being put forth by the SJWs is that black men are being targeted by police and unfairly shot. Now, if that is the case, why is it that the only examples that seem to show up of this supposed trend in shootings is of thugs. As I stated before, if these acts were intentional and based solely on race 1) why don't we see other upstanding individuals shot in these situations 2) only white officers doing the shooting. heck in this case, the officer that shot Mr. Scott was black.

I would agree that the police have been to militarized and there are too many meatheads on many police departments. The problem BLM and SJWs have created though is that instead of just focusing on this fact in which many conservative and progressives would agree, they've muddied up the waters with the false claims of racism being the driving force which has been proven to be completely false.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

according to the mayor, they have video of him with the gun in his hand and witness who saw the shooting, they will be released when the investigation is done.

They hide any forensics like video to cover up. But good on them for fomenting insurrection by keeping the 'proof' hidden from the public eye.

My bet is they need to fabricate a lie before releasing anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join