It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human remains found in hobbit cave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's kind of funny, i always thought that Hobbits were something from The Lord of Rings, i never expected them to be real, i'm not sure how that slipped my mind.

Anyway here is an interesting article, that might prove that hobbits and humans crossed path, and "maybe even causing the extinction of the hobbits".

SOURCE

A pair of 46,000-year-old human teeth has been discovered in Liang Bua, a cave on the Indonesian island of Flores that was once home to the 1-metre-tall ‘hobbit’ species Homo floresiensis. The teeth are slightly younger than the known hobbit remains, which strengthens the case that humans were responsible for the species’ demise.

The 2003 discovery of H. floresiensis puzzled researchers, in part because some of the remains were carbon dated to 11,000 years ago1–3. By then, Homo sapiens had colonized southeast Asia, and few scientists could imagine them having co-existed with hobbits for thousands of years.

But this year, re-dating work in the cave pushed the extinction of hobbits back to around 50,000 years ago4. Roberts, who led that study, noted that humans were known to be already living in southeast Asia around that time.

“It’s a smoking gun for modern human interaction, but we haven’t yet found the bullet,” he told Nature when the paper was published in March 2016.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I would rather think that a silly human wandered into the centuries old hobbit home to do meanness and the family of happy hobbits had no recourse but to knock the living daylight out of the larger human causing it to leave some teeth behind.

The hobbits, prudent little people they, decided that it was safer to migrate toward someplace such as Ireland and suddenly packed up their goods and left...except for the two teeth laying on the floor.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Air pollution, water pollution, climate change, the failure of the big banks and now the extinction of the hobbits?

What more are they gonna lay at our feet?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Human remains were found at the hobbit cave because they ate them. Damn cannibalistic hobbitses.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Human remains were found at the hobbit cave because they ate them. Damn cannibalistic hobbitses.

If that's the case, then they aren't Hobbitses, they're Goblins
Come back Tolkien all is forgiven...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Surely, you have not seen the movies about them or you would automatically know that assessment from you could not possibly be true. However, we don't know the exact extent of the hobbit Intel programs with their possibly many subdivisions of propaganda. --So maybe you are right. After all, our inclinations to simply love anything and everything about them may be learned, attachment behaviors taught by playing with innocent-looking, small toy figures when we all were young. That could be a sign of a world-wide program of which we were not aware before this matter appeared.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hobbits also called halflings, which are where D&D halflings come from are in the Dark Sun Setting primitive cannibals.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hobbits also called halflings, which are where D&D halflings come from are in the Dark Sun Setting primitive cannibals.

Well, I have it on good authority that in the old Amiga game days that they were entirely good folk unless they were severely provoked or very hungry.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Only 2 teeth left?

What happened to the rest of them and him/her?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Halflings of Darksun

Most halflings are carnivores and are infamous for being cannibals. Their meat heavy diet means that halflings view all living creatures, both humanoid and animal, as more food than equals. Of course, most halflings believe that other races have the same perception towards them, and as a result, they are rarely likely to trust another member of any other race.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

See why flossing is so important?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sod the teeth, where's the ring
I wants it

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It§s a proof, hobbits ate humans

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hobbits had bad habits,
Humans had them too,
But when a hobbit smacked you one
the teeth that remained were but two.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
50 KYA

interesting. The time frame resonates with me. Ill need to do some digging to find out why....but that's a time frame that stands out for some reason.

The hobbit looked much, much more ape like if im not mistaken. So humans coming across them would have likely not recognized them as "us", and seen them more like a smart chimp or something. Maybe akin to bush meat.

ETA:

here is one event. Except i was thinking 40 kya for it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So the aboriginal ancestors killed some hobbits on their way through the area. Or, so my wild imagination ruminates.
edit on 9/22/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The human in the cave was 45,000 years old. The Hobbit remains are 11,000 years old.

So the Hobbits were dining on 22,000 year old human corpses?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I lean toward them hiding out, considering all of the reports of little people, that are claimed to be seen! Hobbits are very quiet, after all!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
50 KYA

interesting. The time frame resonates with me. Ill need to do some digging to find out why....but that's a time frame that stands out for some reason.

It was halfway through the last Ice Age.

The hobbit looked much, much more ape like if im not mistaken.

But only if the artist "chimpifies" the reconstruction. If the artist just draws regular hair and eyebrows on them they look like about anyone else.

So humans coming across them would have likely not recognized them as "us", and seen them more like a smart chimp or something. Maybe akin to bush meat.

Given that we sometimes don't think of our own people as human....

So the aboriginal ancestors killed some hobbits on their way through the area. Or, so my wild imagination ruminates.

How does your imagination resolve the human remains being 45,000 years old and the Hobbits being only 11,000 years old.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

More tender after having set for a while??

Since caves are always there, it's not surprising that habitation goes back so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well if the hobbits are here as early as 11,000 years ago, how do you know there weren't any there 45,000 years ago?

Maybe that there are hobbits as early as 11,000 years ago is because they killed and ate those silly non hobbit explorers from 45,000 years ago so they never got to go home and report their discovery. You consider that? Huh? Huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join