It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Boy "Forced to lie on floor" at Heathrow, UK Failed again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This story is just popping into news feeds after it was shown on Polish social media.

From what I can understand this lad and his parents where having to wait for a connecting flight and before hand had made plans with the airport to what the boys needs where and what was needed for his arrival months prior. It is claimed that the airport had nothing ready and he was left on the floor without a blanket, no stretcher was offered or wheelchair.

The child, who was connected to a tracheostomy tube, was allegedly on a stopover at the airport with his parents when he was allegedly made to sleep on the floor.

The parents are quoted as saying,

‘They put our dear Napu on the floor for many hours, they did not even have a blanket, not to mention a stretcher or a wheelchair. For three hours they did not give him any water!’

Most sources are in Polish but the Metro is covering it now.

metro.co.uk...

Rip off failed Britain where we are now a bunch of non common sense assholes that are requested to pay massive premiums for a crap service..

It seems zero compassion was shown and the staff should be ashamed that where dealing with this lad.

Horrible situation for the parents.

RA

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

OMG. The airport needs to pay.

Any random customer service agent could have found a comfortable place and water. Unbelieveable.
edit on 22-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

hmmm - one has to wonder why such " essential equipment " was not reavelling with the child ?

"if he needed a wheelchair / stretcher " - how did he get off the plane ?

and as for :

For three hours they did not give him any water!’

why is it the airports job to give him water ??? - and why didnt his parents do it ????????????????

THIS TAIL HAS ALL THE HALMARKES OF A ONE SIDED WHINEFEST

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

hmmm - one has to wonder why such " essential equipment " was not reavelling with the child ?

and as for :

For three hours they did not give him any water!’

why is it the airports job to give him water ??? - and why didnt his parents do it ????????????????

THIS TAIL HAS ALL THE HALMARKES OF A ONE SIDED WHINEFEST

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If you read the article, it appears the airport had a few months notice by the foundation sponsoring the trip. What a click on an article can do!

And besides that. the connecting airline or the airport shoud have provided a cofortable place and water for a sick child, they generally do. Someone messed up here.

Unless is is completely made up. Otherwise, an airport and an airline have some explaining to do.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I would take this with a pinch of salt at the moment. All there is so far is a someone's version of events on a post from a charity (that seems to provide home hospice facilities) with little further information. As per ignorant ape, if the child was travelling under the auspices of the charity, why wasn't he already in a wheelchair if that is the most appropriate method of transport for him? Why didn't the charity provide water or more to the point, why not the mother?

This is a link to the charity site in English -
www.gajusz.org.pl...

Without knowing more, I'm thinking the charity itself has some questions to answer of its own possibly, but not really any facts to know one way or another.

To the OP though, it's scary you can formulate such an opinion on so little information.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

My thoughts exactly , how did he get to the plane , how was he transported on the plane and why weren't his parents prepared for the stopover.
The story makes no sense, I also question why didn't his parents give him water.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I don't buy the water thing as being valid. Like others have said it is the job of the parents to provide water and not the airport. Beyond that with shops, water fountains and sinks everywhere in an airport the parents failed if their kid went without water for 3 hours.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If this kid was that sick, he should have been traveling with medical equipment at hand. A wheelchair at the very least. The Mother cries about blankets, but why was she not carrying anything for her child? Not even water.

The Gaius Foundation, which helps terminally ill children and their families, added that airport staff were not able to transport the child to the plane either, which caused a whole day’s delay. Read more: metro.co.uk...

A whole day? Just because they couldn't get the kid on the plane? How did he get off the other plane and into the airport? I'm $melling B$ here.

They added: ‘We are going to take legal actions on behalf of Napu’s parents and the foundation’s employees doctor Małgosia Stolarska and nurse Grzegorz Poźniak.’ Read more: metro.co.uk...

Gasp!! You mean they're asking for money? I'm shocked.

edit on 22-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

First of all, it is absolutely the job of airport and airline staff to accommodate for the needs, even the special needs of those who are flying with them. The practicalities of taking a journey by air mean that it would be impossible for a passenger or family thereof to bring all necessary support equipment with them on a flight, which by necessity means that the airline, especially if notified in advance and given an opportunity to actually earn the extortionate price of a ticket, have an obligation to the passenger, an obligation created by the fact that the airline does not make it possible to carry all the necessary support gear on the plane, so that it can travel with the passenger.

In this case, all they had to do was roll out a damned cot bed or something of the sort, provide a small room perhaps, blankets, the basic things that they should have lying around for emergencies anyway. This is simple laziness, and it does not wash.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find this odd to be honest. When I book flights from Manchester or Leeds I click the disability icon and offered numerous services. I need a wheelchair through the airport (including checking in) to the gate but can board from the gate or stairs. The service I have experienced has been exemplary.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As a health care worker myself and someone who has a child that, in the past, had machines and special requirements for a trip, this story makes no sense. I was the one who always made sure my daughter had what she needed. If she was thirsty, I supplied the food/water. If she required any special transfer device to get from point a to point b. I had it ready to go. As for my other patients, there is usually an ambulance or health care staff accompanying the patient for any need that may arise. I'm not understanding how an airport is responsible for health care needs. A wheelchair, they should have. But a stretcher and water....

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So........... why not actually check on facts before becoming judgemental? You are taking a facebook post literally at face value with no other information to hands and assuming it's correct, why is that? You don't know what if any support gear is required, any assumption past that point is nothing other than conjecture with no information being provided apart from that post.

top topics

join