It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theoretical discussion about the affect of the Mandela Effect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If anything this might be proof of our universe being a simulation, a story.
The reason memories are sometimes not the same as the new normal is because they are in many ways connected to other memories.
No smirking Mona Lisa, and Interview with A Vampire in my memories.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Queenofweird I also think that it could be indicative of the nature of reality more than anything else. Without being specific about my theories I think that regardless of the cause or exactly what is happening it speaks to this idea.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

In 2003 I was introduced to a new way of thinking by discovering the Wingmakers website (James), and John Titor. Both of these internet information sources influenced me greatly -- because, I had to suspend my notion of reality in order to investigate what (information) these persons/websites represented. The gift of having to suspend commonly held beliefs is that you open yourself to questioning everything that is held as true. More people should do this!

Most recently I discovered a Mandela Effect that convinced me that this is a very real phenomenon. That was the (recent) change (April-June time frame) in the JFK Assassination video.

In my past time line, the JFK Assassination had a 4 seat car with 4 people, filmed in Black and White (not color). No doubt, no question.

It has always seemed amazing to me that people fear letting go. Religion and Science are the same in that they create a indoctrination in which fear keeps people locked into outdated ways of thinking. Remember Galileo, Copernicus, and Columbus. They were considered heretics in their time. Maybe the Mandela Effect is showing us an aspect of reality that (yet unexplained) it so very real and needs a closer look by those that would consider this a mental illness.

edit on 2-10-2016 by VodkaMartini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VodkaMartini

Vodka that is an observation I have noticed and commented on myself. I think you are right in that the result that a lot of people that experience these types of phenomenon often do adjust how they perceive the rest of the reality they have always taken for granted. Not everyone comes to this conclusion, I have seen plenty of people "talk them self out of " these types of experiences which is fine too I think it is just a valid a result.

It seems to me just recently how much in similar this has with the UFO and other Paranormal phenomenon. For the most part it isn't taken seriously by anyone that hasn't directly experienced it. While the experiences themselves are far from similar a lot of the psychology I imagine isn't that different as far as the issues people struggle with afterwards. I spent a lot of time reading about Jacque Vallee "Control System" and I can't help but see it in that conversation.

However I am not so sure that the Mandela Effect isn't the result of attempted manipulation of that "Control System". I think it is either an updated techno-relevant version or it is the result of manipulation previously, or in the future. There I have said it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join