It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina - Charlotte = sending in the Troops! National Guard to da rescue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Governor Deploys National Guard As Charlotte Police Violence Protests Continue

Keith Lamont Scott's wife warned against violence following the death of her husband.

North Carolina - Charlotte = sending in the Troops! National Guard to da rescue.

Currently running the banner (ticker) on CNN.

CNN isn't working for me, here's Mother Joones (sorry)

A man was shot and was on life support, city officials said, on Wednesday during the second night of protests following the death of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte. Scott, a 43-year-old black man, was shot and killed by a Charlotte police officer at an apartment complex. As protesters chanted "Hands up! Don't shoot!", Charlotte authorities in riot gear blocked off streets and launched tear gas to disperse crowds in the center of Charlotte's Uptown district.

The city of Charlotte's Twitter account attributed the unidentified man's shooting to a "civilian on civilian" confrontation.

www.motherjones.com...

Sorry but this smells like Soros. Who funded the protestors. Who made sure they'd be out there. Who enticed them to say ignorant stuff like "we out here like da Taliban!"

Soros soros soros. I am calling it now.... and are we supposed to believe the Pipeline malfunction which "couldn't have happened any better if we planned it - (said one technician on how it filled into an easy to drain reservoir) which of course, will take a few weeks to fix, (not like other pipeline accidents which have a bypass installed right away (Im citing an unsourced comment here, trying to connect dots but feel free to blow it up in my face if Im wrong)...hmm

After the latest shenanigans with Googlely Eyes, I don't really, totally, trust the whole "accident" story, which happened, coincidentally while a protest went on...
edit on 21-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 22 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Fri Sep 23 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: top link fixed

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The civilian on civilian incident sure escalated things huh. It was only a matter of time before it happened. Now I sit and wait for a terrorist strike at one of these, its bound to happen..

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Guard is there and everyone turned tail and left. Good choice, No matter how much Soros paid em ,

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What is it about the National Guard that spooked the protestors?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

The social engineers that are pulling these strings in the background are quite ingenious with all of their attempts at division. Much like this whole football nonsense about a song/flag.

Funnel all the anger that should be directed at the elite back on to the poor masses based upon such absurd notions as race, we can only hope that this does not result in the far reaching chaos they are going for.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amThursday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gothmog

What is it about the National Guard that spooked the protestors?

Batons and shields versus M16s ? Feelings that they knew the police , but not the national guard ? Soros didnt pay them enough ? Any number of reasons. But I called it , anyway ,

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Funnel all the anger that should be directed at the elite back on to the poor masses based upon such absurd notions as race, we can only hope that this does not result in the far reaching chaos they are going for.

The amount of people that fall for this is staggering though....it is why it is not a stretch to believe we as a society are being dumbed down......people are so friggin stupid surely that is not just the human condition and there is design involved....

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This isn't Soros or BLM imho.

Just people looking for an excuse to riot and let off some steam.

If the crowds have dispersed with no loss of life by anyone, then that would be a good thing.

I don't get the rioting part myself. Peaceful protesting and coming to power the way it used to be done, is the way to do it.

Idiots just running around smashing stuff.

The cops and the guard ought to be very careful not to hurt anyone badly and to stay safe themselves.

Pathetic!

The real issue is police training. But rioting against the police as if to try to hurt people doing an important job, that's just no good at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Just a bunch of hood rats using this as an excuse to show their hind end and steal that's all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The pipeline resumed pumping gas wednesday night.
Source

And the Queen City is kind of a rough town..
by the way I doubt they'd want things to go down there of all places..
It's second only to New York at banking resources..

I was watching a live feed for hours, and quite a few of the protestors just went full on riot mode.. breaking anything they could find. In this instance you can tell it wasn't agents doing it.

Blowing up your city isn't going to help anything.

and yea state of emergency number two in a short time..
My cousins are all from Charlotte, some of them have been posting about this all day.
Some woke up to it.

In any case it was pretty well over last night, but these things have a tendency to restart daily so we shall see.

Anyway the NAtional Guard should have arrived by now or a few hours earlier..

ABC News Governor of North Carolina declares State of Emergency Calls in North Carolina National Guard

"Governor Pat McCrory has declared a State of Emergency upon the request Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney," read a statement from the governor's office. "The governor has also initiated efforts to deploy the North Carolina National Guard and the State Highway Patrol to assist local law enforcement."

Also on their way to Charlotte are officials from the White House and the Department of Justice, according to ABC affiliate WSOC, citing mayor Jennifer Roberts.

Much more at that link and pictures inside
edit on 22-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Of course it was SOROS! Also REVCOM I am sure showed up as well. I noticed a whole bunch of people wearing face masks at this riot (not a protest).

As far as I am concerned, show up at a protest wearing a mask to hide your identity, you get your ass locked up! No reason to hide your identity if it is just a "peaceful protest".

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Thanks, I meant to get back here and edit that out if it was shown to be bupkis. Oh well. Weird I distinctly remember reading a few articles on that.

The only articles I am finding now just say indeterminate.

Colonial said over the weekend that it would construct a bypass that circumvents the leak, which occurred more than a week ago in Alabama, but it remains unclear how quickly the pipeline will be fixed.

seekingalpha.com...

Maybe I was just going off that.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

This isn't Soros or BLM imho.

Just people looking for an excuse to riot and let off some steam.

Yeah, just ignore all the past riots that turned out to have been instigated by NGOs or agent provocateurs. It's always the peoples fault because all that steam building up...

I never said confirmed, I said it 'smells like' meaning if someone wants to, it might be a good place to look. I don't think I can divide the time necessary, but Id start by calling groups in the area and asking affiliations...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I did see some evidence of people coming in as groups or as something other than protesters. And watching that live feed, well I was watching 3 live feeds.. There were a lot of straight thugin dudes there. One guy told a story he saw the protest and it made him cry, so he drove from atlanta to Charlotte.. I don't know his story seemed off, more like he wanted to be part of some real #..

But honestly it was immature people.. You could tell by their conversations they think like high school kids.. Like they were playing a massive game of capture the flag.. playing tough and then the cops come and they run and scream saying how evil the cops are after they bust out a bunch of windows saying things like "the government is making us do this." That's what I mean by not grown up.. That's YOUR fault you're breaking windows, and then they expect the cops to not be cops.. Cops tend to do cop things like stop vandalism and arrest people..

There was a main spot that was actually a protest, I thought it was interesting to see those people set up barricades just like the cops would with those portable set up metal interlocking fences. And they were mostly peaceful and even seemed to get used to the tear gas.

I'll go see if my cousins posted anything that might not be in the news.

From Facebook, not someone I know but people I know know him..

I think everyone should read it.

Travis Driven

I'm in the position to say what white people think, but cannot say. The rioters do not in any way shape or form represent me, nor the people that I know and love. Additionally, it does not at all represent the recent victim or his family. In fact, Keith Lamont Scott's widow has asked for "peaceful" protests. We get offended when we are called "niggas" and treated indifferently, yet we are currently conducting ourselves as such, and being broadcast on CNN as animals.

Our violence and looting has even now attacked the Hornet store (owned by an African American) and we have even shot another black in the midst of our madness. Does it make us proud? Have we accomplished something? Yes we have. What we've accomplished is for one.....we've re-established the harsh and unfair stereotypes that we fight daily against, and we also have set ourselves likely 25 years back in history with racial equality and fairness.

Can you honestly blame white people for tensing up when we approach? Let's be clear, there is no excuse for the epidemic of police brutality that is sweeping our country. We however have to address that through intelligence. We have to get educated, vote, demonstrate peacefully, and hold them accountable. Police need to re-evaluate protocol and training. For instance, even if an officer deems what they believe to be "imminent threats" they need to be trained to shoot to disarm, not to kill. They need to be trained to shoot in the shoulder, or legs. Not the chest or abdomen. They need to have mandated cultural diversity classes. We as a community need to peacefully work on developing better and more long lasting relationships with them. Additional satellite offices opened up, thus fostering deeper and more meaningful relationships.

The reality of it is however, that statistically the number of cops that exhibit unfairness and brutality towards the community is minimal. By far and wide they protect us, and uphold the law. The comparable numbers can be used even in the riots last night. Hypothetically speaking, if there were 25,000 people protesting, there were likely only around 50 that were out of control. You can no more judge the entirety of the crowd by the incidents that happened and transpired, than you can judge entire police departments by the actions of a few. What are we thinking as a community? Do we "really" think a police officer across town gets excited when he hears on his radio that a civilian has been shot? Or do you believe he realizes the nonsense that's about to begin?

What about the entire nation of white people, that when we are angry we convince ourselves are secretly members of the klan? Do we think the average white person is happy to see when a white officer guns down a black? Or do you believe they have to then become concerned for their own lives because of the potential retaliation from the community, even though they had nothing to do with it? ~~>Now let me address the "non-active" activists, that enjoy broadcasting live feeds and inciting the ignorance. Some of you, I see post all the time positive and uplifting things, however the vast majority do not. The majority jump on the bandwagon of rachetness, and only broadcast ignorance while ignoring reality.

Less than 2-weeks ago we were over at Northlake Mall and out at Carowinds shooting each other. There wasn't one live feed, nor riot or protest. That however as always is excused. It's always acceptable for blacks to kill blacks, as if a white bullet kills differently. You want to broadcast a live feed? You want to make a difference? Broadcast a live feed in front of this mans house, soliciting counseling, food, and financial assistance for his family.

As a black you are supposed to be nervous to acknowledge that all lives matter, but they do. We are all equal, and actually Black Lives Matters is weakened if we do not incorporate intelligence and solutions. How can we demand to be treated fairly, while we are acting ignorant and treating others unfair?

Keep your pen and paper, I'm not signing up for a pointless race war. We are about love and intelligent solutions over here. Oh and btw, while the community is burning up highways, stealing TVs, and kicking down windows? I'm gathering funds to drop off to the man's family this weekend. So come up with a cute hashtag for that. It's about action, not violence

edit on 22-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Former Senator Nina Turner, a golden example of a role model.

top topics

join