It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi’s Congressional District Has Taken In Zero Syrian Refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Based of Cost of Living alone in San Francisco is 2nd highest in the nation. As such it would cost more for refugees to be settled there. More for housing, food, and gas then most of the country.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well with all the support systems set up in SF(Google it) if they aren't living there they are putting out a lot in bridge tokens.
Man you guys are reaching HARD.

Sounds like from the debate that just went on , you have that bass-ackwards.
Nice attempt at damage control there , though

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yet the locals do it. The whole country is more expensive than Syria. The cost of living in our worst slum is more expensive.

Just give them high paying jobs and send their kids to great local schools so they will stay there, in a safe and prosperous part of the world.

If not, LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE IN THEIR COUNTRY

Why cant they just work where the locals work?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My god, is so hard to understand why a resettlement agency with a limited budget would want to avoid the Bay Area? They can save money by doing it in cheaper areas of the country allowing for more money to be put to refugees and allowing them to support more refugees.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Still not showing any facts and figures?

No problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

My god, if that is your heartless argument then do 10 times more with the same money you are spending now BUT IN SYRIA.

What ever the cost of living anywhere they go in the US, its cheaper in Syria and they could do more there with that same money.

It just, these well off areas dont want poor third world people from war zones anymore than poor people anywhere in the US do.

Money my ass. Its costing us probably somehwere in the tens of millions already. What? That same money doesnt have MORE purchasing power in Syria?

edit on 9 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Since I don't know what source you will trust GOOGLE Search Cost of Living San Fransico 2016 vs Google Search Cost of living Indianapolis 2016 (since I used Indy in an earlier post.)

Cost of living Indy vs SF

Another Indy vs SF

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Doesn't the U.S. government use Yours and Mine tax dollars to "settle" these refugees and keep them fed/clothed/housed for a period of time? We have American Citizens living on the street and steeling/begging for food. Shouldn't U.S. citizens "in need" be a higher priority than Refugees? Who gave Obama the authority to spend OUR MONEY on this?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wouldn't mind more money spent for that but our "wonderful" government doesn't see it as an issue currently.

It was congress that gave Obama the money to spend on refugees. Congress controls government spending.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

COST OF LIVING SYRIA

edit on 9 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I guess if you want to send them back to a country in civil war.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It is about addressing their needs. Right? And it doesnt matter where that is done, since we are trying to help them the most with the money allotted. Right?

Is there NO WHERE in the ME or their country where that can happen?

Were the refugee camps being attacked?

I say build them a city instead of a tent town. I say keep them in their country since that is where they would prosper.

Take all this money, and just give it to the refugees, and they will buy food, security, housing, and so on. In fact, they will be upper middle class there.

But since this is about something else....

Or, give it to OUR POOR, and leave Syria to Syrians.

Stop waging ANY WAR THERE. Leave them the hell alone. This is all BS because Obama and Hillary just had to get involved in another countrys civil war. A civil war that would have ended years ago if international players werent playing proxy warfare.

A market for weapons and soldiers that was created by the same powers that now pretend to care.

The president of the Phillippines was right when these same people pretend to care and cite humanitarianism, and international concensus....F U is the proper response.

You want to fill the poorest areas of the US with Syrian refugees, instead of helping rid our country of poverty. F U.

Just proves that poverty is perpetuated in this country, yet we can help the worlds poor. Please.

edit on 9 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How would they prosper in a country during Civil War and being partly controlled by ISIS? Very few Syrian refugees make it to the US. The ones that are allowed in get help.

It would be wonderful if the FED/States/local/charities did more for homeless.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

For one, stop arming ISIS under the guise of rebels. 2, leave Asad and Syria the hell alone. He would have won his civil war long ago. In fact it wouldnt have happened.

Homeless? No. Take all our aid money we MISSPEND all over the world and eliminate the debt of the poor. Pay for a couple months rent and food.

Better yet, make school affordable. Make rent affordable. Make opening a business affordable. Make owning a home affordable. Tax less. Break monopolies and abusive pricing by protected classes.

Then see if there is a single poor person left.

Then take our strong and healthy country and launch that against the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Wait are you advocating for an Isolationist American just so we can start a global take over?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Then take our strong and healthy country and launch that against the world.

Then what did you mean by this?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well with all the support systems set up in SF(Google it) if they aren't living there they are putting out a lot in bridge tokens.
Man you guys are reaching HARD.

This is the textbook response when an argument fails.

So they are reaching hard because you were wrong? Gotcha. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Do you know what´s real hypocrisy?

When the one nation that is to blame for the middle east crisis, for the refugees crisis, because of it´s foreign policy, took only 12.000 syrian refugees.

That´s a bit of the amount of refugees that european nations had to take on one day, for months.

Hypocrisy is a POTUS that "thanks" Merkel for her refugee policy.
Like:

"We screwed the whole world for our profits, thank you for caring about the problems we created."

If whole europe would be inhuman like those east european new nazi staes like hungary, i bet every single ship in europe would be filled with refugees and send to the creator of the crisis!

It´s like the USA(the government, shadow-government, not all the US citizens) thought:
If we have a problem with refugees and illegal immigrants from south america, Europe needs his own problem of this kind. So while we destabilize whole parts of the world for oil, we could create a refugee stream that will hit Europe...

Hypocrisy is when the creator of problems is not willing to help to solve this problems, but let his "partners and friends"(evil joke) solve them!

edit on 22 9 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Stop making the US Europes whipping boy.

Europe sells arms and exploits the world just like us.

I hate this typical BS sentiment from Europeans. Dont tell me its news to you that Africa and the ME are messed up and exploited because of the system EUROPE ENJOYS.

What the banking system the world uses didnt originate in Europe? All secret societies didnt originate in Europe? The seat of the globalist initiative is not in Europe? The source of religious control isnt in Europe? And on and on.

I agree it is hypocrisy to take so little of them

I wouldnt take ANY. This is PROBABLY a European idea. To take ANY of them.

So you know what? Own your share.

How many MERCENARIES are of European descent in Syria you think? Tell me none or few, go ahead.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join