It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi’s Congressional District Has Taken In Zero Syrian Refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
An appalling and hypocritical revelation comes from an article that says U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi's district in California has not taken any refugees in the past few years !!!

With all the support coming from her on the refugee issues, people would think she would be pressing for her own district to get involved.

Can't understand it.

There must be some kind of mix-up somewhere in the selection processes that determine where refugees are sent to live in peace.

I would say San Francisco is an excellent place for refugee settlement.

Nancy? Is this true?

Nancy Pelosi’s Congressional District Has Taken In Zero Syrian Refugees

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has been a vocal backer of President Obama’s (ultimately successful) plan to import a minimum of 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the fiscal year, at one point accusing Republicans of “slamming the door on mothers and children.” But with just days remaining in the 2016 Fiscal Year, Pelosi’s own district has yet to resettle a single Syrian refugee.

Since Oct. 1, 2015, more than 12,000 Syrian refugees have been placed in the U.S., according to data from the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center.

San Francisco, California, which includes Pelosi’s district (CA-12), has taken in zero refugees since the fiscal year began. San Francisco also didn’t take in any Syrian Refugees in either 2014 or 2013.

While Pelosi’s district hasn’t actually taken in any Syrian refugees, Pelosi herself has been a vocal proponent of bringing Syrian refugees into the U.S.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Same old "do as I say, not as I do" from the political ruling class.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Please allow me to feign shock.

Same woman who is against leaked documents.

“Democrats and Republicans must present a united front in the face of Russia’s attempts to tamper with the will of the American people,” Ms. Pelosi wrote.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Doesn't look to be so according to these maps from last year:

www.allenbwest.com...

Cali looks like they are leading the way with most of the country not doing anything.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

daily caller got something wrong?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Little update to the almost year old map.

www.nytimes.com...

Where are they in SF?

Plenty up here in Dearborn area.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Pelosi's Congressional District is San Francisco

Article is correct I believe.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"Dont do what I do, do as I say do"
Alleged quote from Pelosi on the subject

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It's right there in Jinmi's post. Oakland. Big dot.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oakland isn't in her District.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Uh huh. You ARE familiar with the area, right? It's only separated by the GG bridge.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Uh huh. You ARE familiar with the area, right? It's only separated by the GG bridge.

Oakland is in the CA-13th District.

Nancy's district is the CA-12th.

The article is still correct about Nancy's hypocrisy.

And that bridge is real BIG.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A bridge that long is just as efficient as a wall, for people who don't have drivers licenses, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well with all the support systems set up in SF(Google it) if they aren't living there they are putting out a lot in bridge tokens.
Man you guys are reaching HARD.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well with all the support systems set up in SF(Google it) if they aren't living there they are putting out a lot in bridge tokens.
Man you guys are reaching HARD.

What support systems?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Actually The Golden Gate Bridge connects the City and County of San Francisco with Marin County. It is the Bay Bridge that connects Oakland with San Fran..

And the refugees couldn't afford to live in SF or Marin. That is the "Bay Area" (see Most expensive place to live...) I really detest to type this BUT.....

Could this be a politician, a really crafted politician that knows every angle to screw a person actually being 'conservative' and thinking that a refugee couldn't AFFORD to live there???

Of course the answer is, like Her answer to the ACA™ instead of passing the bill to find out what is in it-

We swamp Her area w/refugees to see how they handle it...

I'm going with some HighTech Geek, the folks who ran out MOST of the people who've lived there for generations, some going back to the 'Barbary Coast' days, told Her they didn't want ANY refugees and guess what??? There are NONE.

Pay to Play or Not- West Coast Style...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Could this be a politician, a really crafted politician that knows every angle to screw a person actually being 'conservative' and thinking that a refugee couldn't AFFORD to live there???

Yes. Though I doubt how crafty one would have to be to know what that they couldn't afford to live near them.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is just a hit piece. Nancy Pelosi and Congress don't decide where refugees are resettled. That job is handed off to private agencies like the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants or the Church World Service. There are a lot of reasons why the bay area isn't the best place to resettle refugees.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why would agencies put refugees in one of the highest cost of living areas in the nation?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's ok to admit when you're mistaken.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join