It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Clinton loses, blame the email controversy and the media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

My analysis of media coverage in the four weeks surrounding both parties’ national conventions found that her use of a private email server while secretary of State and other alleged scandal references accounted for 11% of Clinton’s news coverage in the top five television networks and six major newspapers, including the Los Angeles Times. Excluding neutral reports, 91% of the email-related news reports were negative in tone. Then, there were the references to her character and personal life, which accounted for 4% of the coverage; that was 92% negative.

How about her foreign, defense, social or economic policies? Don’t bother looking. Not a single one of Clinton’s policy proposals accounted for even 1% of her convention-period coverage; collectively, her policy stands accounted for a mere 4% of it. But she might be thankful for that: News reports about her stances were 71% negative to 29% positive in tone. Trump was quoted more often about her policies than she was.
Source

I almost feel bad for Hillary Clinton based on the article above. Should we be surprised by it? The mainstream media is a fiercely competitive business, and negativity sells these days.

The article brings an important question to my mind: If one is just reading mainstream articles to understand what's going on, how accurate of a picture are they getting? Think about the following sentences.

"News reports about her stances were 71% negative to 29% positive in tone. Trump was quoted more often about her policies than she was."

If your opponent is given more of an opportunity to discuss your stances than you are, did you ever really have any kind of a fair chance?
edit on 21-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Really, so you are blaming the media for focusing on her scandals?

Um, here's a thought, blame her because she's a corrupt power hungry lying sociopath who has been involved in dozens of scandals because she believes laws don't apply to her.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That's like saying the media focused on Nixon for deleting 18 1/2 minutes of tape. They should have just left that go....

Or maybe they should really have went after Nixon and should take the kids glove off with Clinton

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I almost feel bad for Hillary Clinton

You know that they are probably worth around $200 million dollars, and have profited off of selling out the USA and exploiting Americans, as well as bombing other innocent civilians overseas in unjustified wars? Feeling bad for her? C'mon, let's get real here for a second

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
With everything happening it is always the fault of everyone but the actual perpetrator of the crime or action! News Flash people, criminals and criminal acts have consequences.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

If your opponent is given more of an opportunity to discuss your stances than you are, did you ever really have any kind of a fair chance?

A "fair" chance, really? The media on the whole, perhaps excepting Fox News, has hated Trump from the get-go. They have used every opportunity to distort what he says and give him poor coverage. They have gone out of their way to promote Trump negatives, including his lack of support from his own party. NOBODY but this guy in your source believes the media is anywhere, but in Clinton's pocket.

Clinton has led a lackluster low-energy campaign of deception, stumbled her way from event to event, and considers anyone who does not support her "deplorable." She has spent as much money as the ill-fated Jeb Bush and gotten less for it. She has a far larger organization than Trump and has spent far more money. If she is lacking in support, it's her own damn fault.

In terms of her email controversy she has lied and ignored it, pretended it didn't exist or didn't matter, been caught in lie after lie about it, and presented a haughty and indifferent attitude about it. She could have come out early on and fessed up, but she didn't. She prevaricated and stonewalled, had her people refuse to testify, and generally made herself look like an idiot.

And you want to blame the left-wing media?? They throw her softball after softball and she still blows it. Her presentations are just awful and full of platitudes without substance. It really is kind of sad to see, but she is her own worst enemy.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
she should blame a half arsed campaign.
just because shes up against an idiot dosent mean she can put her feet up.
however
republicans have always tried to smear the opponent with lies, it was never gonna be any different this time.
if a majority of the population fall for the lies it shows more about the nation's iq, and also how many racists you have.

i classed the british referendum as an iq test and we failed, now its america's turn.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I really Love You and ALL members of ATS™ and not just typing it so I'll only address this portion of Your post...

How about the other candidates that don't even get a chance to debate topics?

How about the other candidates in Her very own Party that were eliminated illegally? How about them?

And the $200 Million would be a 'soft estimate' and I type that only because there is still $6B w/a B that is till outstanding that went 'missing' while She was the Head of State (our $$$)
www.washingtontimes.com...

www.activistpost.com...

So "NO" not in the least... I feel sorry for Her victims ALL of US...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The media has done its' best to keep the most trivial things about her in the news instead of doing any "journalism." They brush over the email scandals, Benghazi, etc. They let out just enough information to confuse the dumb masses. It has been this way since she came into the public view. The entire health charade seems like a joke when you look at our choice's ages, but in true tabloid fashion, it keeps on popping up. OP, please tell me you are trolling with your comments.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The reason the media doesnt focus on her policy is because they know damn well people aren't going to be happy with Hillary's stance on endless war seeing as how she's as hungry as the Bush clan, if not thirstier, and that includes the war on drugs.

If you've noticed, neither candidate seems to want to focus on their own policies. It's all about flinging crap at their opponent. Meanwhile, nobody gives a crap about the issues and it's all he said/she said.

They dont want us focusing on any of the friggin issues. It plays better for both of them, seeing as how both Trump and Hillary have some very unpopular plans, and you can't believe they'll hold true to any of their stances because they're both confirmed liars and flip flop whenever they come under fire.

edit on 21-9-2016 by littlefinch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Her deteriorating health is what scares a lot of Americans the most. It's something they can easily identify with. But Americans don't want a medically fragile Commander-in-Chief, who is so prone to physical and mental breakdowns.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Excuse Me Sir Your conservative is showing... $200 Million is 'ashtray change' Of course I'm referring to the "missing" $6B that grew feet while She was Head of State.. Did I mention the $2B that the Saud Roi "donated' to The Clinton Caba... Foundation™...

The $200 Million probably went to Chelsea's hubby the former Goldman-Sucks flunkie that lost His ASSets in His hedge fund...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Fow bout personal responsibility . If Hillary wasnt ythe pure definition of corruption and evil , the media wouldnt have as much dirt to bring up. And neither would we...

Sometimes ya just gotta put things in true perspective and bring reality to the left.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I overstated the respective $30 and $80 million net worths that come up when you type in "Clinton Net Worth" in Google search. Obviously they are worth much, much more than that but if I overstate it too much everyone chimes in and says "NO WAY!!!!" They are definitely worth plenty more than that but officially they barely scratch over 1-2 hundred mill.

I am fully aware of the sketchy "missing billions" and using the Clinton Foundation as a way to money launder amounts in the Billions

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I almost feel bad for Hillary Clinton

One should never feel sorry for either Clinton, EVER! They are destroyers of societies around the world, in the same league as the Bush family. Obama is their bastard child of these two families. No mercy, no pity, no sorrow for either family.

The time for something new and unorthodox is neigh.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
OP, please tell me you are trolling with your comments.

My comments were so vague as to be meaningless.

"I almost feel bad for Hillary Clinton" = meaningless

"Should we be surprised by it?" = meaningless

"If one is just reading mainstream articles to understand what's going on, how accurate of a picture are they getting?" = irrelevant to Clinton

"If your opponent is given more of an opportunity to discuss your stances than you are, did you ever really have any kind of a fair chance?" = philosophical question that isn't necessarily related to Clinton

I was just concerned that this thread may be ignored, so I tried to make the original post as provocative as possible without lying or misrepresenting my views.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Blame the media? The media should be, while much of it is not, reporting on these things. The blame is with her and the DNC.
Much of the news ends up being revealed by the people now instead of the news-while that still leaves it open for mistrust by the masses as intended. The latest about the e-mail scandal was revealed by a whistle-blower shared on Twitter then to Reddit and now on "non establishment" outlets .

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: ventian
OP, please tell me you are trolling with your comments.

My comments were so vague as to be meaningless.

"I almost feel bad for Hillary Clinton" = meaningless

"Should we be surprised by it?" = meaningless

"If one is just reading mainstream articles to understand what's going on, how accurate of a picture are they getting?" = irrelevant to Clinton

"If your opponent is given more of an opportunity to discuss your stances than you are, did you ever really have any kind of a fair chance?" = philosophical question that isn't necessarily related to Clinton

I was just concerned that this thread may be ignored, so I tried to make the original post as provocative as possible without lying or misrepresenting my views.

Well, it is a moot point thread.
edit on 21-9-2016 by dreamingawake because: up*

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

10-4

But I would have to say that the media's portrayal of Clinton is pretty relevant when she is running for the top Military seat in the U.S.
edit on 21-9-2016 by ventian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

"Everything bad that happens to me is someone else's fault, not mine." -HRC

I guess she does plan on continuing Obama's legacy of the blame shifter in chief.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

"Everything bad that happens to me is someone else's fault, not mine." -HRC

Is Hillary also the person who said, "The fault lies in our stars..not in myself."?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join