It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Airliners in Formation ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ok, I think I can actually finally shed some proper light on this. It was probably part of a multiday ceremony that SouthWest held to retire the last 737-200 from its fleet, and included flypasts by several newer aircraft including the 737-300 and new 757s. The 737-200 was retired on the 17/1/05, and a ceremony was held on the 21/1/05 to inaugarate the newer aircraft into the fleet.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I live on the N. side of Atlanta. I have seen this before. Where I live the routes into Peachtree-Dekalb airport, Dobbins ARB & NAS, and Hartsfield-Jackson interact. They seem to interact quite allot. I have always thought this was due to the fact that, here in Atlanta the prevailing winds runs west to east.

On Monday, at my office in Roswell, there was a Cessna 172, a Citation and a news chopper all trying to fit into the same airspace. I could see al three converging on the same spot. Just as I was thinking, "Man I hope they have vertical separation", all three made abrupt course corrections. I kept thinking I hope that was planned. LOL

new topics

<< 1   >>

join