It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree. And I think the question here would be why hasn't this been reviewed by the court? Or is it under investigation currently?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

Not knowing what code is being used for every PO is not a reflection on a CEO.

Right, but what about a $500,000 settlement? Who handles that? An AP clerk?

See above - the answer is a finance person. A CEO will not raise the codes and payments. Depending on the sign off limits on the specific system his company uses, he would have got an email saying a payment needs approval, with one click he would have approved it. (this is an assumption on my part that they use a finance system like Oracle for example - if its manual it will be even more unlikely he'd even know)

I hate to shatter your opinion of CEO's but most will never look at the codes - they will see an amount and a payee and say 'yeah, I recognise that', then click the approve button.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Isn't the only question Trump may have to answer here the possibility that he moved the tee forward to reduce the yardage of the hole to less than 150 yards?
No.
More important would be whether or not the golf course made settlement payments as specified by the agreement.
More important would be if Trump used instead, a non-profit to make the payments.

Don't you think?

Yes agree - but there are two levels here.

One is whether Trump was involved in 'stiffing' a golfer who was due a prize - seems like no based on the evidence of the thread.

Second - was the source of the payment he made illegal. This happened some time ago I think. What have the authorities done about it? He's been audited every year for the last decade. You'd think it would have been picked up and he'd have been fined/punished? Add to that, I seriously doubt he runs the day to day in his legal and finance dept. Of his 500+ entities, I am sure there are all sorts of financial errors made and subsequently reviewed, corrected, or not.

I think the thread is half irrelevant and half minor in it's potential effect on Trump's campaign.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Trump has over 500 entities. I would not even begin to try and speculate how the money flows around those entities, but if the payment is illegal, why has the IRS not raised this and initiated a prosecution earlier?
You mean Trump is unaware of what his companies do? Oh, my. Is that an indication of a good administrator?

Seems to me like the media and Schneirdermann are trying their hardest to find anything that might stick.
What an unusual course of action.

Let's be honest here and not talk in media BS terms. NO CEO of a large organisation in the world anywhere is fully aware of what is going on in his or her business at an operational level, nor should they be and nor can they be. Not knowing what code is being used for every PO is not a reflection on a CEO.

As far as authorities being used for political purposes, that is not unusual.

Do you hold politicians to the same standard. Or is there a double standard?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: network dude

For some reason I'm getting an image of a fly swatter.

Yes, it's really annoying to be wrong, but luckily, you can learn new things and hopefully not make the same silly mistake the next time. You are welcome.

link   

I hate to shatter your opinion of CEO's but most will never look at the codes
Then can we quit bitching about the Clinton Foundation?

Right. Non-profit vs for-profit. Coding error.

But isn't one of his strongest points his administrative skills? How well he runs his businesses?
edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The NY Attorney General is investigating Trump's foundation now.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

But isn't one of his strongest points his administrative skills? How well he runs his businesses?

Finance coding is not related to how well a CEO runs a business.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The NY Attorney General is investigating Trump's foundation now.

This happened 6 years ago I think and Trump has been audited by the IRS every year for a decade.
Why now...? I think we know why.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think and Trump has been audited by the IRS every year for a decade.
Yes. He claims that. About his personal tax returns.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Different altogether. Which account/entity was used to pay is not the issue with the Clinton Foundation. It's who paid them and what they got in return.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Finance coding is not related to how well a CEO runs a business.
Right, but knowing what is going on between businesses would seem to be important. Knowing that a non-profit made payments on behalf of a for-profit, would sort of be high on the list.

edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This isn't about Trump's personal finances or income tax. It's about the management and disbursement of his charitable foundation's funds.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Which account/entity was used to pay is not the issue with the Clinton Foundation.

Right, seems like Trump may have gotten $500,000 out of this particular deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Which account/entity was used to pay is not the issue with the Clinton Foundation.

Right, seems like Trump may have gotten $500,000 out of this particular deal.

There is no proof of that.
You can speculate, sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There is no proof of that. You can speculate, sure.

So, we can quit bitching about the Clinton Foundation?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This isn't about Trump's personal finances or income tax. It's about the management and disbursement of his charitable foundation's funds.

The IRS are auditing his businesses. I don't know if that includes the charity.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There is no proof of that. You can speculate, sure.

So, we can quit bitching about the Clinton Foundation?

No, as we have real evidence that money was received from foreign donors, regardless of the account used. There is no evidence of illegalities, however, there is 100% evidence that money was taken from countries that still persecute gays and women and stone people to death for crimes. That is the main reason the Clinton Foundation disgusts me, especially when Clinton is running on a platform that she says is for women and minorities.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The IRS are auditing his businesses. I don't know if that includes the charity.

I know that. No, his charity and his personal finances are separate entities.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would think that since this is the race for the President of the United States, and not the president of the chess club, an official investigation into criminal activity would be welcomed. And if your candidate happened to be caught doing bad things, then you'd be happy to know that before they got control of the most powerful military in the world.

This political season has made some of the most rational people appear loony. SMFH.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join