It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Annee

It's a tax law. You can't use charity funds to pay a for-prophet business debt

But those damn prophets charge so much! And most the time they're not even close with their predictions, not to mention they are ALWAYS taking charity money

Damn! I did it again.

I was making sure I spelled it right in previous posts. I do know the difference. This one snuck in

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think the thread title should be changed to: "What lengths will some posters go to not blame Trump".

I wonder how far that will go with the IRS.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think the thread title should be changed to: "What lengths will some posters go to not blame Trump".

I wonder how far that will go with the IRS.

Isn't the only question Trump may have to answer here the possibility that he moved the tee forward to reduce the yardage of the hole to less than 150 yards?
It was not his event and it was not his prize money.
It seems like a case of the lengths people will go to pin something on Trump these days. It all feels very desperate. It's surprising because there are a few things that would really hurt Trump's campaign but no one seems to be raising them.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Isn't the only question Trump may have to answer here the possibility that he moved the tee forward to reduce the yardage of the hole to less than 150 yards?
No.
More important would be whether or not the golf course made settlement payments as specified by the agreement.
More important would be if Trump used instead, a non-profit to make the payments.

Don't you think?
edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Orly Taitz opened up an online law school apparently.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.
More important would be whether or not the golf course made settlement payments as specified by the agreement.
More important would be if Trump used instead, a non-profit to make the payments.

Don't you think?

Yes agree - but there are two levels here.

One is whether Trump was involved in 'stiffing' a golfer who was due a prize - seems like no based on the evidence of the thread.

Second - was the source of the payment he made illegal. This happened some time ago I think. What have the authorities done about it? He's been audited every year for the last decade. You'd think it would have been picked up and he'd have been fined/punished? Add to that, I seriously doubt he runs the day to day in his legal and finance dept. Of his 500+ entities, I am sure there are all sorts of financial errors made and subsequently reviewed, corrected, or not.

I think the thread is half irrelevant and half minor in it's potential effect on Trump's campaign.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That would be a scam. People donate money during these events. It's also illegal to offer up a prize and then make it impossible to win it.

It was Trumps golf course, his golf club was paid to host the event. It was the golf club's responsibility to make sure the contest requirements were met.

If for some moronic reason that wasn't in contracts anywhere, then Trump's golf club is utterly stupid for settling. However they did settle. That means the golf club made a legal agreement to pay.

The money was supposed to be paid from Trump's golf club. Instead, the money was paid from Trump's foundation... a completely separate entity of which none of the money belongs to Trump. It is money donated in good faith to be disbursed to various charities by people other than Trump. Trump himself has not made a donation to his foundation in several years.

This is just the latest finding in the growing list of ILLEGAL payments made from the Trump Foundation.

Trump Foundation money does not belong to Donald Trump. He cannot use it to pay debts or legal agreements. He cannot use it to buy items or services to keep or use for himself. That is other peoples money.

It seems to me like it's pretty important. Trump could end up in prison over these payments.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He's been audited every year for the last decade. You'd think it would have been picked up and he'd have been fined/punished?
Well, he claims that. About his personal tax returns.

Add to that, I seriously doubt he runs the day to day in his legal and finance dept. Of his 500+ entities, I am sure there are all sorts of financial errors made and subsequently reviewed, corrected, or no
Oh. His non-profit accidentally made a payment that his golf course was required to make. Oopsy.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Orly Taitz opened up an online law school apparently.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That would be a scam. People donate money during these events. It's also illegal to offer up a prize and then make it impossible to win it.

It was Trumps golf course, his golf club was paid to host the event. It was the golf club's responsibility to make sure the contest requirements were met.

If for some moronic reason that wasn't in contracts anywhere, then Trump's golf club is utterly stupid for settling. However they did settle. That means the golf club made a legal agreement to pay.

The money was supposed to be paid from Trump's golf club. Instead, the money was paid from Trump's foundation... a completely separate entity of which none of the money belongs to Trump. It is money donated in good faith to be disbursed to various charities by people other than Trump. Trump himself has not made a donation to his foundation in several years.

This is just the latest finding in the growing list of ILLEGAL payments made from the Trump Foundation.

Trump Foundation money does not belong to Donald Trump. He cannot use it to pay debts or legal agreements. He cannot use it to buy items or services to keep or use for himself. That is other peoples money.

It seems to me like it's pretty important. Trump could end up in prison over these payments.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Trump asked for the tee to be moved forward. In fact, the stories on this thread suggest that a crowd had taken over the back tee and the forward tee was used.

The linked article is nothing short of a joke - starting with the false title.

Trump has over 500 entities. I would not even begin to try and speculate how the money flows around those entities, but if the payment is illegal, why has the IRS not raised this and initiated a prosecution earlier? Seems to me like the media and Schneirdermann are trying their hardest to find anything that might stick.

The Washington Post have been investigating Trumps charity for 4 months. Seriously, if this is the best they can up with then Trump's not going to be worried about them at all.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

you have zero clue how this all works.

A golf course provides a place to play golf. A tournament is put on by a charity. That charity is responsible for the rules of that particular tournament. If they have a hole in one prize, the group who puts up the prize is supposed to get insurance. It's not expensive, the odds of one happening during a tournament are low. But if you gamble and try to save a few bucks, by not getting insurance, you open yourself up to a lawsuit. Who gets sued? Again, the person or company who put up the advertising for the hole in one.

If you want to bash Trump and not look foolish, just post videos of him talking. This garbage isn't cutting it at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Trump has over 500 entities. I would not even begin to try and speculate how the money flows around those entities, but if the payment is illegal, why has the IRS not raised this and initiated a prosecution earlier?
You mean Trump is unaware of what his companies do? Oh, my. Is that an indication of a good administrator?

Seems to me like the media and Schneirdermann are trying their hardest to find anything that might stick.
What an unusual course of action.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For some reason I'm getting an image of a fly swatter.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

He's been audited every year for the last decade. You'd think it would have been picked up and he'd have been fined/punished?
Well, he claims that. About his personal tax returns.

Add to that, I seriously doubt he runs the day to day in his legal and finance dept. Of his 500+ entities, I am sure there are all sorts of financial errors made and subsequently reviewed, corrected, or no
Oh. His non-profit accidentally made a payment that his golf course was required to make. Oopsy.

Does Trump have a separate accounts team for all 500 entities? I don't know the answer to that by the way.

We only have some speculation here, but if it has only one accounts team (or a few) then it is plausible that some payments are made from the wrong entities (happens all the time in business). Actually I'd be amazed if some were not.

Just recently the business I work for had to send a memo from the CEO to staff to raise purchase orders and pay from a specific account for tax reasons. The staff had been using the entity they were familiar with and the one that yielded PO numbers the fastest. This business is simple in comparison with only 4 entities in a few countries, not 500+ worldwide.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sure.

Or Trump said, "Screw it, pay 'em out of the foundation. That way it won't cost me anything."

Do you really think that he would not be involved with administrating a $500,000 settlement for his company?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Trump has over 500 entities. I would not even begin to try and speculate how the money flows around those entities, but if the payment is illegal, why has the IRS not raised this and initiated a prosecution earlier?
You mean Trump is unaware of what his companies do? Oh, my. Is that an indication of a good administrator?

Seems to me like the media and Schneirdermann are trying their hardest to find anything that might stick.
What an unusual course of action.

Let's be honest here and not talk in media BS terms. NO CEO of a large organisation in the world anywhere is fully aware of what is going on in his or her business at an operational level, nor should they be and nor can they be. Not knowing what code is being used for every PO is not a reflection on a CEO.

As far as authorities being used for political purposes, that is not unusual.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Not knowing what code is being used for every PO is not a reflection on a CEO.

Right, but what about a $500,000 settlement? Who handles that? An AP clerk?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sure.

Or Trump said, "Screw it, pay 'em out of the foundation. That way it won't cost me anything."

Do you really think that he would not be involved with administrating a $500,000 settlement for his company?

The point is we don't know what involvement he had.
He is likely to have said 'yes, we need to pay'. But I highly doubt he checked account codes on the system.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

But I highly doubt he checked account codes on the system.

You mean his companies are mixing up the accounting of a non-profit with a for-profit?

Oopsy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join