It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Annee

No, I think his lawyers told him to settle the dispute without accepting fault.
The parties discussed it and it was agreed trumps foundation would make a donation to a charity..

Did the lawyers tell him to use his Charity money to pay a business debt?

A charitable contribution is a debt? It SPECIFICALLY says charitable contribution. Not payment, not restitution, not debt repayment. CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The parties discussed it and it was agreed trumps foundation would make a donation to a charity..

A charitable contribution is a debt? It SPECIFICALLY says charitable contribution. Not payment, not restitution, not debt repayment. CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION.

Golf Course. Profitable business.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Golf Course. Profitable business.

And?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Yes. The stipulation of the settlement (a debt) was that payment be made to a charity. That is not uncommon.

The problem is that Trump used money from a charity to fulfill his obligation (debt). That is not how it is supposed to work.

edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yes. The stipulation of the settlement (a debt) was that payment be made to a charity. That is not uncommon.

The problem is that Trump used money from a charity to fulfill his obligation (debt). That is not how it is supposed to work.

Well the damndest thing though, I was actually just looking for the public records of this transaction and found something REALLY interesting.

Take a look HERE and let me know what is says about the Trump Foundation in 2011.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Wrong Foundation and wrong year. Try this one and 2012.
Download the 990PF and look at page 18.
projects.propublica.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
yes, debt... accept, this wasnt classified as a debt. technically speaking the lawyers classed it as a donation.
Im not saying its the right way to do things, or the moral way... but - the lawyers would have made him do a donation specifically because its legal.

unless you can find a law that says a foundation cannot donate to a charity, you have nothing.
just because you class it as a debt in order for your argument doesnt make his actual action wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

but - the lawyers would have made him do a donation specifically because its legal

Or easy to hide, since the payment (of Trump's debt) was made from one of his "charities" and not one of his for profit companies. And it is not legal.

Several tax experts said that the two cases­ appeared to be clear examples of self-dealing, as defined by the tax code.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The intent of such a settlement (with payment to a charity) is to penalize the "defendant." It is done when complainants don't really care about the money as much as the principle.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Wrong Foundation and wrong year. Try this one and 2012.
Download the 990PF and look at page 18.
projects.propublica.org...

Nice thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yes, but the article says

But the obligation was Trump’s. And you can’t have a charitable foundation paying off Trump’s personal obligations. That would be classic self-dealing.

however the agreement says

court papers show, Trump’s golf course signed off on a settlement that required it to make a donation to a group of Greenberg’s choosing

therefore, isn't this a case of Trump not baring the obligation? he was never on the agreement to make the payment and accept liability. It was never a Trump obligation.

How can it be Trumps obligation to pay this, when no one agreed, signed off, contracted or negotiated that?

If the agreement had of been Trump is required to pay xxx money, then he had the foundation pay it, ok then.
but he didnt, the agreement was always '' a donation from the foundation ''

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I guess I put my own question out..

can you prove the agreement specified Trump had to pay, and he used his foundation?
or did the agreement say a donation from the foundation?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

It was never a Trump obligation.

The agreement specifies that the golf course (the for profit golf course which Trump owns) make the payment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the agreement was always '' a donation from the foundation ''
You made that up, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

yep it sure does.

' Trump national golf course make a charitable contribution to... '

if it can indeed be proven that the golf course did not make a contribution that Trump will need to answer for it.

thats a fair argument...

if it is proven it didnt, then id expect trump to pay the fine (as suggested in the other artcile)

however, this wont matter considering the absolute crap pile Hillary is in with multiple illegal activities.
edit on 22/9/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

however, this wont matter considering the absolute crap pile Hillary is in with multiple illegal activities.

Just couldn't stop yourself, could you?

But you're right. It won't matter to the Trumpites.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

It wasnt the trumpites i was referring to.

If indeed this is true, fair enough trump need to answer for it.

But if you want to compare its quite clear this is a minor drop in the bucket compared to Clintons crimes.

people (and not saying you) think 1 small indiscretion voids the multitude of Hillarys large indiscretions.

It just doesnt work that way..

Trumpites might try to argue against this and plead ignorant, but dont pretend this is anything major!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

people (and not saying you) think 1 small indiscretion voids the multitude of
Actually, it's happened more than once.

Trumpites might try to argue against this and plead ignorant, but dont pretend this is anything major!
Right. Using his "charitable" foundation for his own profit. No big deal. Right?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Right. Using his "charitable" foundation for his own profit. No big deal. Right?

a big deal compared to what?

Clinton destroying evidence?
Clinton lying to congress and the people?
Clinton taking bribes in exchange for cushy positions in government?
Clinton taking large sums of money from foreign governments and giving favorable decisions via State?
Clinton disenfranchising a Democrat during the primaries?
Clinton in Haiti?
Clinton and the Uranium Deal for Russia?
Clinton and the Ericsson deal for Iran?

If your saying its not a big deal compared to the 10's of billions of dollars in deals and bribes done via the Clinton Foundation then your right, this is a drop in the bucket.

If your saying its a big deal compared to a kid stealing a $100 trolley of shopping, then yes, your right its a big deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Right. Deflect.
Your list is impressive. I wonder what Donny's list of allegations would like if he had been under scrutiny as much as Clinton has.

You seem to be under the impression that I like Clinton. You are mistaken.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

no not at all, i doubt you have a pick in this race.
and is it really deflection when we are comparing?

Using "charitable" foundation for his own profit. No big deal. Right?

replace his, with her's and you'll see its not deflection. They're both doing the same thing, one of them is doing it to the tune of $150,000 the other is doing it to the tune of $billion +

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

They're both doing the same thing, one of them is doing it to the tune of $150,000 the other is doing it to the tune of $billion +

I've seen the claim. I haven't seen the evidence. It would be spectacular.
However with Trump... there it is. And you seem to have missed that it's more than $150k and it's happened more than once.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join