It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Donald Trump's golf course was sued. Donald Trump settled the lawsuit with money from the Trump Foundation.

That's not legal. Not only is it not his money to settle lawsuits with, it's not his money at all. Donald Trump isn't even the largest donor to the foundation but even if were, it still wouldn't be lawful.

EDIT:

You know I'm trying to avoid a post ban but I can't bring myself to let this BS go unanswered — particularly from the likes of you.

1) find post on facebook or another alternative news site
2) do not look into it at all, if its about trump its true because the computer told me so
3) rush back to ATS to make sure nobody else posted it first ( anteperuvian)
4) call trump a racist or a bigot or a p o s even though what your typing makes you look like a chimp with downs

Are you quite serious? You make absolutely no contribution to any discussion ever. I've never "found a post on facebook" and let's not kid ourselves here, 90% of the pro-Trump/anti-Hillary/anti-Bernie threads that have been posted this election have either originated with a YouTube video or some garbage "alternative news" site (usually worse, some bottom feeding clickbait "news blog" that reposts the latest crap from Breitbart or Infowars).

In fact, I have to question whether or not you even know what "alternative news" means.

You're a clown. Everything you post is fact-free garbage written at about a 5th or 6th grade level.
edit on 2016-9-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Settled out of court means both parties agreed to avoid a trial, or "real court" . The terms was for one charity to donate to another. Since courts were bypassed, it was all legit. This was not a legal settlement at the direction of the courts. It ended as two parties compromising on their own terms. Which is "one charity will donate to another" . Therefore, no laws broken.

link   
Amazing, problems on the golf course are the best the left can do - how many scandals have the Clintons been involved in? Bombs going off in NYC, Social Unrest, The Middle Easy Falling Apart - and the left is talking about golf courses...

This thread is exactly why Donald Trump will be the next POTUS - Amazing.

Maybe Obama can did into this one himself - he spends a lot of time on Golf Courses.
edit on 21-9-2016 by Steak because: (no reason given)

link   
Your OP is a load of crap.

Former Commodities Exchange chairmanMartin Greenberg is suing former NBA starAlonzo Mourning‘s charity after he won $1 million for hitting a hole-in-one at its golf tournament — then was denied the prize after it was claimed the course had been improperly shortened.

Greenberg hit the hole-in-one at the Alonzo Mourning Charities tournament at Donald Trump‘s National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor, NY, last August. But the insurer backing the event refused to pay up, claiming Greenberg’s required 150-yard shot had actually traveled only 139 yards.

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There's also the flag pole and $10,000 life size painting.

City dropped suit on flag pole height for Trump donating $100,000. His Charity donated the money.

Life size painting his Charity paid for - - hanging in a VIP lounge at one of his hotels.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Your OP is a load of crap.

Former Commodities Exchange chairmanMartin Greenberg is suing former NBA starAlonzo Mourning‘s charity after he won $1 million for hitting a hole-in-one at its golf tournament — then was denied the prize after it was claimed the course had been improperly shortened.

Greenberg hit the hole-in-one at the Alonzo Mourning Charities tournament at Donald Trump‘s National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor, NY, last August. But the insurer backing the event refused to pay up, claiming Greenberg’s required 150-yard shot had actually traveled only 139 yards.

SOURCE

Thanks for digging into this - the left is really getting desperate.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Keep reading...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
Amazing, problems on the golf course are the best the left can do - how many scandals have the Clintons been involved in?

This is not about the Clinton's.

This is about Trump using his charity to pay his business deals.

It's not just ONE time Trump has misused his Charity funds for himself.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Settled out of court means both parties agreed to avoid a trial, or "real court" . The terms was for one charity to donate to another. Since courts were bypassed, it was all legit. This was not a legal settlement at the direction of the courts. It ended as two parties compromising on their own terms. Which is "one charity will donate to another" . Therefore, no laws broken.

You've seen the terms of the settlement? It doesn't make sense for those to be the terms since Trump's charity had nothing to do with his golf club.

Not to mention this is clearly a pattern for Trump, using money from his charity for his own purchases and debts.
edit on 9/21/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Keep reading...
I read the whole thing. Mind quoting where it shows Trump was responsible?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The headline should be corrected though, because as it is, it is false.
Alonzo Mourning Charities Insurer refused to pay out 1 million dollar prize held on Trump's Golf Course
That would be more accurate.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Amazing, problems on the golf course are the best the left can do - how many scandals have the Clintons been involved in?

Why don't you go on the streets of Charlotte NC and ask the people if they care what the hell is going on at a charity event on a golf course. Then, I want you to develop a list of what Obama, The Clintons and the DNC have exactly done to help them - because IT HAS FAILED MISERABLY!

TRUMP WILL FIX THIS - OBAMA & THE CLINTONS HAVE FAILED!

edit on 21-9-2016 by Steak because: edit

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Why don't you go on the streets of Charlotte NC and ask the people if they care what the hell is going on at a charity event on a golf course. Then, I want you to develop a list of what Obama, The Clintons and the DNC have exactly done to help them - cause IT HAS FAILED MISERABLY!

Why don't you create a separate thread to discuss the Clinton's?

This thread is about Trump misusing his Charity money.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I would like for you to quote where Trump was responsible for the payment of that million dollars for that hole in one. And link your source.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Why don't you go on the streets of Charlotte NC and ask the people if they care what the hell is going on at a charity event on a golf course. Then, I want you to develop a list of what Obama, The Clintons and the DNC have exactly done to help them - cause IT HAS FAILED MISERABLY!

Why don't you create a separate thread to discuss the Clinton's?

This thread is about Trump misusing his Charity money.

Why don't you link some sources supporting your claims?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I would like for you to quote where Trump was responsible for the payment of that million dollars for that hole in one. And link your source.

I just got through listening to a whole discussion on NPR about this.

I get it. You're trying to lay the blame on the lawyers.

However, this is only one incident where Trump used Charity funds to pay off business deals. There are several more.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You missed some things. I guess your post is "full of lies and half truths" as well.

According to Greenberg's attorney the claim was denied because the "markers at the tee were not set at the right yardage" and that was the responsibility of the course. Check. Greenberg then sued AM Charities, Underwriter Odds on Promotions and Trump National Golf Club.

I believe I stated that he was suing all three of the ones you mentioned. As for his attorneys claiming that it was not set to the right yardage - was there stipulations that every one of the 18 holes had to be 150 yards or more? Do you have the contract that was written between the golf course and the charity? Where did you read that it was the golf courses "responsibility"? Or did you just assume that?

Just because his attorneys made a claim doesn't mean it's true.

Suing one of Donald Trump's golf courses is not suing Donald Trump's charitable foundation.

Is it?

Donald Trump couldn't have settled that suit with a donation from his foundation regardless of what's in the settlement agreement.

Make sense?

Just because he was being sued doesn't mean he did anything wrong. A settlement isn't an admission of guilt. They could have settled with "Donald Trump has to play a game of hopscotch blindfolded" or anything for that matter. What they settled with is that his charity would donate to another charity.

Now, if you can show that Trump would have lost the case in court- then you can make an argument that it was illegal. But you can't because the agreement between the charity and the golf course isn't available to show that the yardage of the hole had to be set at 150 yards.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

However, this is only one incident where Trump used Charity funds to pay off business deals. There are several more.

Quote it and link a source.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Quote it and link a source.

Quote the radio discussion?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Why wouldn't his golf club be responsible for meeting the course requirements of the contest they were contracted to host?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join