It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you seriously twisting my words? You said the courts aren't involved, I proved they are. I guess you learned something huh...
edit on 24-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

No. You said a settlement requires a judge.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And that's and accurate statement except for my confusion about a judge...the court enters the settlement into the system and its associated with the dropped lawsuit.

Your anti trump is showing.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And that's and accurate statement except for my confusion about a judge

Minor point, that point about a judge. Since a judge is "the court."

There is no judge. No "review" of an out of court settlement. Sort of like a real estate transaction. An agreement. Recorded, but no court, no judge.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So the clerk of court is not a part of the court? You sound dense right now phage. This is highly unusual for you.

And when it gets filed there is absolutely a review of what's entailed so the court knows what to enforce if the settlement is broken.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It is not I who may sound dense.

I means the judge signs off on it and the courts don't issue a value of restitution.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I already explained signed off meant entering it into the documents associated with the dropped case. You definitely sound dense, and very anti trump.

You know full well nothing illegal was done. You've made assumption after assumption.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It is not I who may sound dense.

Hey! You're only dense.

I have no right to be posting.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I already explained signed off meant entering it into the documents associated with the dropped case.
And yet, you have not demonstrated that to be factual either.

You definitely sound dense, and very anti trump.
You are welcome to your opinion of my intelligence. And you are correct that I don't like Trump. Do you?

You know full well nothing illegal was done.
Incorrect.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

When did I say you have no right to be posting? Or are you referring to someone else?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So you're saying you know the terms of the settlement? Please provide the documents that make you so sure something illegal took place.

Surely they exist which is why charges have been brought right?

Edit: I know it's factual because I've been divorced a few times. Settlements on pending cases already filed with the court have to be entered into the case. They are often sealed documents.

From introvert:

It would need to be a binding legal agreement/document, agreed upon by both parties...and be filed with the clerk of courts.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So you're saying you know the terms of the settlement?
Which one? But since it they were settled out of court, no. No public record of the details. Convenient.

Surely they exist which is why charges have been brought right?
Or perhaps the IRS was not aware of the various out of court settlements which Trump's "charitable" foundation may have been paying off. Maybe that has now changed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

So why do you assume to know the contents of the settlement? You are so clouded by trump hate you aren't your normal self.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I've seen some evidence of the terms. But is not the terms which raise concern.

What raises concern is the use of a non-profit to settle those terms. A possibly second question, is the use of a non-profit to make restitution legal? Is it ethical?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've searched around. Best I can tell, is all articles from various sites - - link back to the Washington Post article by David A. Fahrenthold.

Because of his article and a pattern of multiple incidences - - both the IRS and Attorney General of New York are interested.

I stand where I started - - the only issue is the check. FACT: we know a check was written from the Trump Foundation. Is it legal? Is it ethical? Is it self-dealing?

Can a charity donate to another charity? Apparently so, but with restrictions. Such as, a charity set up for music can donate money to a charity that repairs instruments.

Whatever the "terms of out of court settlement" are - - they have to be within the law at time signed by both parties.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

My main point is the settlement is absolutly filed with the courts and that the terms of said settlement are in those documents.
Your revised point, you mean?

I means the judge signs off on it and the courts don't issue a value of restitution.

You agree there is no judicical (court) review?
You learned something?
Cool. Cuz that's the point. Right?

It does appear to me that Trump made a decision that even though private and seemingly harmless may have been unethical.

Now if you can show me (perhaps with your lawyer friend's help) how this behavior (however unethical it may appear) in very specific terms is in fact unlawful in the jurisdiction in which the case is relevant then I will kiss your bare ass (metaphorically speaking of course).

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

First, do you really believe Trump makes the rules for these event? And before you answer, no, he is not consulted on them. He has hundreds of businesses with twice as many events happening on a daily basis.

Secondly, I didn't research the story, but if the rules said he had to hit it 150 yards and he didn't, then whose fault is that? Do I get to sue carnivals because they make the basketball rim purposely oblong so that the ball has a hard time falling in? The answer is categorically no. Trump is a businessman. Not a politician. I think you need to understand the standard deviation between these two concepts.

I find it interesting with Hillary apologists (you are one so don't deny it) that they are quick to skip over common sense reasoning to reiterate their own version of anything that can be repurposed as anti-Trump accusations. All the while they refused to take ownership of vetted evidence against Hillary's transgressions. Research the concept of fandom for help with this.

Truth is almost always more powerful than the individual who processes it. I suggest you explore your perspective a bit more.

AAC

edit on 25-9-2016 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

First, do you really believe Trump makes the rules for these event? And before you answer, no, he is not consulted on them. He has hundreds of businesses with twice as many events happening on a daily basis.

If Trumps business advertises a prize for a whole in one then Trumps business and he as the proprietor are responsible.

Secondly, I didn't research the story, but if the rules said he had to hit it 150 yards and he didn't, then whose fault is that?

If the course isn't a 150 yards which it wasn't then it is Trumps business fault.

The ones advertising a prize are responsible. Do you not believe in responsibility?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

If Trumps business advertises a prize for a whole in one then Trumps business and he as the proprietor are responsible.

Secondly, I didn't research the story, but if the rules said he had to hit it 150 yards and he didn't, then whose fault is that?

If the course isn't a 150 yards which it wasn't then it is Trumps business fault.

The ones advertising a prize are responsible. Do you not believe in responsibility?

Was it the organiser of the event or Trump that advertised the prize?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Ultimately it would be Trump and friends responsibility because.

an hour after Greenberg’s shot, he was “summoned” to meet with representatives from Trump’s club and the insurance company that underwrote the prize to examine the spot from where he hit his shot.

William Fried, one of Greenberg’s attorneys, told The News the claim was ultimately denied because “the markers at the tee were not set at the right yardage” and that“the course” — owned by Trump in this case — “traditionally sets those markers.”

Who was responsible to set it up properly?

Who was responsible to check those things?

What entity was hired to host the event?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join