It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well, it does seem that only printing half the story is something that anti- Trump people are really good at. Oh well, I guess you have to do this to try and make Trump fit into their evil narrative. Chadwickus clearly explained your failures in his post:

“A source close to the Trump Organization said, ‘We had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MATTER other than they chose to use our course’”

He also added a separate story, which seemed to confuse you folks, about a separate golf game that Trump played.
Also he stated that the money went back to charity, so what is the real problem, maybe that you really don’t have one.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Vector99

Where are the propagandists making excuses for their willingness to believe anything they read?

They're authoring threads about Hillary.
edit on 21-9-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

link   

Have you fact checked the many lies and scams of Donald Trump such as Trump “university” and the phantom NJ Muslims who cheered 911

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck with that

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm guessing out buying large foam fingers to shove in their ears and go NUH-UHHHHH. Cuz you know, Trump is the devil.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The alleged hole-in-one had to be FIXED !!!

It was RIGGED !!!

The fairway was too SHORT !!!

Cheating !!!

Most non golfing people do not realize a hole in one is covered by insurance. A promoter of a tournament pays the course for the tournament, buys insurance on the car for a hole in one and yes there is even insurance a Prize of cash money. The Insurance for the car is cheap because the odds are low for a hole in one even on the pro tour.. A par three of less than 150 yards is not that unusual and the score cards... which were printed long before the tournaments sponsor picked the course to play on are of public record.. The whole thing is just another DNC attempt at fabricating a major fire when there really is no smoke...

I doubt Trump or the tournament sponsors would have been stupid enough to offer a prize of one million bucks unless there was insurance.. Maybe the insurance company reneged... found a small print addition that said they only pay on tournaments where the hole in one happens on a Tuesday after 6PM ?... I don't know or maybe Trump was just plain stupid.. But I kinda doubt that..

Latest poll numbers show Trump in the lead.. That also probably does not matter for the electoral votes will some how mysterious appear for the next liar and chief and they won't be for Trump IMO.... Call me pessimistic..When the NWO Bush dynasty says they will vote for Clinton that should make most people run to anyone else but..

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But Hillary did....

In "most cases" any time 2 folks are arguing about a politician it isn't often they realize that if they stopped arguing, they would figure out that they have more "in common" with the person they're arguing with than that of the politician they're arguing about... That is their job. There are many cases of this...

I just wanted to type out something that contained all the "therz" theirs; they're; there.

I can type this because I wouldn't vote for either... (pronounce it EYEther to grasp My full contempt...)

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Have you fact checked the many lies and scams of Donald Trump such as Trump “university” and the phantom NJ Muslims who cheered 911

Good luck with that

edit on 21-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Trump was obviously right. That is why he did not have to pay the poor loser a million. It was a charity event therefore the charity was liable for legal expenses. It was not illegal in any way, shape or form.

And yet... Mr. "I never settle" settled. I guess it doesn't count againt his "never settle" rule because he paid with other people's money? I believe where Trump's golf course entered the suit is that they were accused of rigging the course so that it would be too short for anyone's hole-in-one to qualify.

Here's a source you've probably never seen on ATS:

Golf News Net

However, an hour after the ace, Greenberg was told that he would not be paid the prize because the shot he struck did not travel at least 150 yards, the distance stipulated by an insurance provider whose policy underwrote the contest. When Greenberg, outraged, asked for more information, he learned that it was the golf club that typically set the distance on a par 3 for such a competition. In other words, the insurance provider threw Trump's club under the bus, suggesting they intentionally shortened the hole just enough so as to make sure the shot wouldn't qualify for the advertised $1 million prize.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Boy the hit pieces against Trump are on fire I tell ya!!!

Only problem though, this had NOTHING to do with Trump other than it was played on his course.

The former chairman of the Commodities Exchange, Marty Greenberg, is suing former NBA superstar Alonzo Mourning over a hole-in-one, the NY Post reports.

Uh-oh, looks like Trump WASN'T the one sued.

But after the event, the insurer backing the tournament refused to pay up, because they said "Greenberg's required 150-yard shot had actually traveled only 139 yards."

Oh my, didn't meet the requirements. That's like an 18-year old winning a jackpot in Vegas.

Meanwhile, the Trump Organization says: "We had nothing to do with the matter other than they chose to use our course."

I hear he has nice courses.

And apparently the Donald offered to play a round at the course with Greenberg with some pretty sweet terms attached. If Greenberg won, Trump would hand over $1 million in cash then and there. If Greenberg lost, he'd have to pony up $100,000. Greenberg didn't take him up on the wager.

Gee it sure is fun to post sensational clickbait threads...but sucks when someone actually fact-checks it.
source

Greenberg sued all three parties. Alonzo Mourning, Trump and the insurers.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Makes you wonder about his actual.assets.
Makes you wonder about liquidity.
Makes you wonder about how he would manage as a diplomat.
Makes you wonder about propriety.
Makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Its about Trump not truth. Trump has always paid me everything he owes me.
edit on 21-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This article and your post are full of lies and half truths.

Per your bias article and Chadwickus's link to what actually happened:

Trump didn't deny him the money because he wasn't the one offering the million dollars. The underwriter/insurer of Alonzo Mourning Charity denied him the money because it didn't meet the 150 yard requirement by the insurance company.

He sued the Alonzo Mourning Charity the golf course and the insurer.

The only reason Trump was involved in this case was because the charity event was being held on his course and the hole was shorter than the insurance companies requirements. And his course 'allegedly' shortened it on purpose.

Why would they do that when it wasn't their insurer underwriting the event? It was Alonzo Mourning Charity that used the insurers for the event. They were the ones that would have had to give him the 1,000,000 - not Trump.

If anything, this makes Trump look like the good guy because he offered him 10:1 odds in a game of golf because he felt bad that the guy was denied the money by the insurance company.

If you think Trump intentionally shortened the hole and denied him the money - Why the hell would he give this guy 10:1 odds on a golf game when the guy just hit a hole in one?

They settled out of court with the agreement that Trump's charity would donate money to another charity of Greenbergs choice for a good cause. Last I checked, charities giving money to other charities isn't illegal. While it could be argued that Trump gained from it, it's impossible to tell without seeing the settlement agreement.

Edit:
Further, you would have to prove that if it had gone to court Trump would have lost. That is the only way you can say that Trump benefited from this. But, since the guy settled for such a small amount I'd guess he wasn't going to win in court.
edit on 21-9-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
hahaha you liberal dorks are hilarious... you have no idea what your talking about.
theres like 5 of you, who spend their whole life, looking at facebook posts, and crappy reports to try and demean mr trump...

The organization that put on the event, Alonzo Mourning Charities, had bought an insurance policy to cover any holes in one, but the insurer refused to pay the prize after determining that the golfer’s tee shot was a few yards shorter than the 150 yards required by the policy. As part of the settlement, both Mr. Trump’s club and Alonzo Mourning Charities had to donate money to a charity of the golfer’s choosing. The club’s donation, according to tax records, came from the Trump Foundation.

trump had nothing to do with this at all, except a charity tournament that was put on at his golf course. he wasnt supposed to pay anyone anything, the alonzo mourning charities foundation was supposed to.

"As part of the settlement, both Mr. Trump’s club and Alonzo Mourning Charities had to donate money to a charity of the golfer’s choosing"

hahahaahahaahaha

omg trump is a scumbag. someone put on a charity even at his golf course that he owned... and they had a contest for a million dollars and trump wont pay him... hes a douche...

no wrong... trump didnt put on the event, he didnt promise money to any one alonzo mourning did... and trump did the good deed and donated money to a charity of the plantiffs choosing...

but yall dont read fine print.

please continue to be sheep.... listen to what your told... do not do your own investigating...heres how:

1) find post on facebook or another alternative news site
2) do not look into it at all, if its about trump its true because the computer told me so
3) rush back to ATS to make sure nobody else posted it first ( anteperuvian)
4) call trump a racist or a bigot or a p o s even though what your typing makes you look like a chimp with downs

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Makes you wonder about his actual.assets.
Makes you wonder about liquidity.
Makes you wonder about how he would manage as a diplomat.
Makes you wonder about propriety.
Makes you wonder.

Makes me wonder if this is the best that anti-Trumpers have...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Willtell

Good luck with that

And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."
ng off bad

Trump
"I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering" as the World Trade Center collapsed.

— Donald Trump on Saturday, November 21st, 2015 in comments during a speech
Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled

www.politifact.com...

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," the Republican presidential candidate said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."
The next day, ABC This Week host George Stephanopoulos asked Trump if he misspoke, noting that "the police say that didn't happen."

No I'm afraid your wrong, Trump lied and just wouldn't fess up

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Where are the propagandists making excuses for their willingness to believe anything they read?

on a clinton thread celebrating her death, illness, emails, server, blackberry, murders, rapes and upcoming convictions they just read about.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

To be fair, the settlement went to another charity.

And this article has some more details..

A source close to the Trump Organizaion said, “We had nothing to do with the matter other than they chose to use our course.” The source added that Trump offered to play a round of 18 holes at Briarcliff with Greenberg, and if Greenberg won, Trump would pay him $1 million in cash on the spot. If Greenberg lost, he’d have to pay Trump $100,000. He didn’t take up the offer.

pagesix.com...

It appears that Trump is responsible for shorting the green. Regardless, he used his charity's money to pay the settlement.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

on a clinton thread celebrating her death, illness, emails, server, blackberry, murders, rapes and upcoming convictions they just read about.

Deflecting to Hillary? I thought only Trump supporters did that.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Another bs story with spin, deflection, half truths and whole lies. So much fear of Trump as POTUS, good! Maybe half of yous can own up to the claim that some of you will leave the country if he wins. Do us all the favor and keep those promises, whomever may have declared as such in the past.

TRUMPS IS THE NEXT POTUS!
God Bless Donald Trump, the Bill of Rights, and these United States of America.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Per your bias article and Chadwickus's link to what actually happened: Trump didn't deny him the money because he wasn't the one offering the million dollars. The underwriter/insurer of Alonzo Mourning Charity denied him the money because it didn't meet the 150 yard requirement by the insurance company.

He sued the Alonzo Mourning Charity the golf course and the insurer.

The only reason Trump was involved in this case was because the charity event was being held on his course and the hole was shorter than the insurance companies requirements. And his course 'allegedly' shortened it on purpose.

You missed some things. I guess your post is "full of lies and half truths" as well.

According to Greenberg's attorney the claim was denied because the "markers at the tee were not set at the right yardage" and that was the responsibility of the course. Check. Greenberg then sued AM Charities, Underwriter Odds on Promotions and Trump National Golf Club.

They settled out of court with the agreement that Trump's charity would donate money to another charity of Greenbergs choice for a good cause. Last I checked, charities giving money to other charities isn't illegal. While it could be argued that Trump gained from it, it's impossible to tell without seeing the settlement agreement.

Suing one of Donald Trump's golf courses is not suing Donald Trump's charitable foundation.

Is it?

Donald Trump couldn't have settled that suit with a donation from his foundation regardless of what's in the settlement agreement.

Make sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join