It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Annee

You do realize it was an out of court settlement right?

What does that have to do with how the settlement was paid?

And for all those who say it's not about Trump. It's Trump Foundation that paid the settlement.

This is what is reported. This is not me making stuff up.

Is it clear that the settlement was specific on the golf course paying money to charity?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

And for all those who say it's not about Trump. It's Trump Foundation that paid the settlement.

Is it clear that the settlement was specific on the golf course paying money to charity?

It was paid with charity money.

Trump spokesman says it has nothing to do with Trump or his golf course. That the people in question rented the facility.

So, why did Trump Foundation pay the settlement?

Disclaimer. Because some seem to need it. I am reporting what I've read. I am not making decisions. No I have not read terms of the settlement. I doubt they are public. But, what charities do is. Trump Foundation wrote the check according to reports.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Trump spokesman says it has nothing to do with Trump or his golf course. That the people in question rented the facility.

Disclaimer. Because some seem to need it. I am reporting what I've read. I am not making decisions. No I have not read terms of the settlement. I doubt they are public. But, what charities do is. Trump Foundation wrote the check according to reports.

So it may well have been Trump making an offer to pay another charity to help make the whole thing go away.
Is one charity paying another is not illegal?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So it may well have been Trump making an offer to pay another charity to help make the whole thing go away.

Could be. But that is not the issue.

The ONLY issue is HOW it was paid.

I am not a legal expert, but I can find nothing that says a charity can pay a dept or settlement. It seems to be illegal.

edit on 24-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

From Clay Jones on his political cartoon “Boobs For Trump,” the misuse of the Trump Foundation, and whitewashing Hillary’s misuse of the Clinton Foundation Donald Trump is such a con man that he had Don King, a fellow con man, speak at one of his events this week. Anyone who criticizes the Clinton Foundation should stop unless they also include the Trump Foundation in their faux outrage. Conservatives accuse the Clintons of using their foundation to enrich themselves while Trump uses his to buy himself expensive mementos. Quite frankly, the guy shouldn’t even be using money meant for charity to buy himself Mentos. Trump jilts people for money to pay off other people he jilted. He has used over a quarter-million dollars to pay off legal trouble involving his for-profit businesses. This is a man who has bragged about using other people’s money. suindependent.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So, by your own admission we neither have the full facts or the legal paperwork to study, and your conclusion is Trump engaged in illegal practice!? This thread and topic is without facts or merit.
edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

So, by your own admission we neither have the full facts or the legal paperwork to study, and your conclusion is Trump engaged in illegal practice!? This thread and topic is without facts or merit.

I am reporting what's been reported. Period!

Stop trying to make this about me.

Here's new information: (need to read full article)

Months later, the Trump Foundation cut a check for $158,000 to Martin Greenberg’s foundation, which got the settlement money. Marcus Owens ran the charity section at the IRS, and said raising money for one charity to give to another for a settlement could be problematic “That was a misrepresentation in fundraising.” www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 24-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Months later, the Trump Foundation cut a check for $158,000 to Martin Greenberg’s foundation, which got the settlement money. Marcus Owens ran the charity section at the IRS, and said raising money for one charity to give to another for a settlement could be problematic “That was a misrepresentation in fundraising.” www.cbsnews.com...

Relax, I only pointed to the lack of information to determine it was Trumps fault. Of which you seem to agree with since you stated there were no public records. The thread wrongly supposes Trump was responsible for the payout when it was only being rented out and the charity responsible had nothing to do with Trump. The insurance company determined the distance was not within range to get the 1M payout, so you need to include them in the info here too. If Trump stepped in to help that doesn't change the facts. Read the source material out there and you'll see that. I'm sure you want facts and don't want to rely on some biased propaganda.

Source
edi t on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am not a legal expert, but I can find nothing that says a charity can pay a dept or settlement. It seems to be illegal.

The charity did not pay a settlement as the legal case was against the golf course.
The out of court agreement may have been that Trump would donate to the guy's charity. One charity paying another charity is not illegal. Was there ever a ruling that Trump had to pay $158k?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The charity did not pay a settlement as the legal case was against the golf course.
The out of court agreement may have been that Trump would donate to the guy's charity. One charity paying another charity is not illegal. Was there ever a ruling that Trump had to pay $158k?

That is all peripheral and not relevant.

FACT: there is a check for $158k from the Trump Foundation.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Relax, I only pointed to the lack of information to determine it was Trumps fault.

FACT: there is a check from the Trump Foundation for $158k.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Relax, I only pointed to the lack of information to determine it was Trumps fault.

That's not the point - was there ever a court ruling that said Trump had to pay $158k?
If not there is no fine, no debt, no legal obligation.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That's not the point - was there ever a court ruling that said Trump had to pay $158k?
If not there is no fine, no debt, no legal obligation.

What do you mean its not the point.

It is exactly the point.

The ONLY point is Trump wrote a check from his Foundation to pay a settlement.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The question here is did he have a legal obligation? Show the document, not the heresay.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The question here is did he have a legal obligation? Show the document, not the heresay.

NO. That is not relevant.

He paid it. That is a fact.

The only question is: can he pay a settlement from his charity monies.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I do think the court documents are relevant. Your shooting blanks without the facts.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I do think the court documents are relevant. Your shooting blanks without the facts.

They're not. (they might be personally relevant to Trump in getting reimbursed -- but, not in him paying the settlement)

He paid the settlement with Charity Money. That is fact.

Trump paying a settlement with Charity Money is the only issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Prove that is the case and that it was illegal or you are still not using facts to argue this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is not ONE "mistake" by Trump.

Trump has a pattern of doing this.

1. Florida, 2007: City of Palm Beach agrees to drop $120,000 in fines from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago if he personally made a donation to a veteran’s charity. Instead of paying up personally, Trump signed a check from his foundation to the said charity, and the fines were waived.

2. New York: Court papers show a a lawsuit against one of Trump’s golf courses would be dropped if a donation was made to the plaintiff’s charity by Trump. Instead of paying up personally, Trump cut a check on behalf of the Foundation for $158,000.

3. Washington D.C., 2013: Trump uses $5,000 from his Foundation to buy advertising in favor of his hotels (a personal business).

4. 2014 and 2016: Trump used Foundation money, $10,000 the first time and $20,000 the second time, to buy portraits of himself.

5. 2012: Trump spends $12,000 of Foundation money on a NFL helmet signed by Tim Tebo.

addictinginfo.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Prove that is the case and that it was illegal or you are still not using facts to argue this.

Prove what? Argue what?

FACT: Trump cut a check for $158,000 from the Trump Foundation for this settlement.

That is the issue.

Your turn.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join