It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Annee

The date regarding this is something that is NOT determined.

If you want to argue this, pick someone else.

I'm just not interested.

you are the one that defends a position, not me.

I'll debate it all day long, but sometimes the opposition needs to concede.

I actually provided concrete evidence, along with chadwickus' link to show this thread actually deserves to be in the LOL bin, and I know your initial reaction is NO, but in real world life thingy it is.

Hilldog2016

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So when you have to provide facts you lose interest? Interesting...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I expected more out of you. You know full well you're being intellectually dishonest with such an assumption.

Edit: I saw your second post. It's still quite the assumption.
edit on 23-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So when you have to provide facts you lose interest? Interesting...

NO

For medical reasons. Which I'm not going to get into.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Annee, the donation from the Trump fund is about a year late, the certificate from the insurance company has not been revealed, the initial lawsuits did not include Trump, only his golf course, and if you do not know the difference between suing an individual and an entity you simply should not be posting.

Hillary 2016

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Indigo5
...you do understand that Donald Trump's course in Westchester County, N.Y. is a for profit enterprise? And that was the entity that was sued? And the legally responsible party..Since both the Plaintiff, Martin Greenburg and the insurer of the charity agreed that the Hole that trump claimed was 150 yards was not?

Trump settled a lawsuit aimed at his own company with charitable funds (other peoples money)...it is illegal.

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

Well I argue that what Trump did to settle this case was in fact NOT illegal. Do you see any charges being filled? Nope.

NOT ILLEGAL

It is being investigated, along with the several other times he used Charity funds for his own benefit.

Just like when he donated to Bondi. Claims it was a mistake and paid a penalty.

How many "mistakes" is that now? One, might be a mistake. Creating a pattern of "same mistake" - - - says different.

Post Politics Trump pays IRS a penalty for his foundation violating rules with gift to aid Florida attorney general: www.washingtonpost.com... ney-general/

It took you just a few minutes to reach the conclusion that Trump is guilty of braking whatever laws yet how long has this been under official investigation Annee? Since 06/09/2016? And they haven't charged him Annee? PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATORS have been investigating Trump's foundation for almost FOUR MONTHS and have yet to charge him yet it took you a matter of minutes?

Are you sure this incident mentioned in the OP is under investigation? Or are they just "looking into" the Trump foundation with nothing specific in mind?

As someone earlier in the thread mentioned, Trump had lawyers handling the situation mentioned in the OP. They do LAW stuff for a living and they chose how to proceed using their knowledge of LAW so as not to get Trump into trouble.

That's the reason why people hire lawyers to handle stuff like this. So with this in mind I am of the opinion Trump did nothing illegal with regards to the incident mentioned in the OP.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Oh really? Trump? Can you show where Trump is named as one of the defendants in this lawsuit?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Boy the hit pieces against Trump are on fire I tell ya!!!

Only problem though, this had NOTHING to do with Trump other than it was played on his course.

The former chairman of the Commodities Exchange, Marty Greenberg, is suing former NBA superstar Alonzo Mourning over a hole-in-one, the NY Post reports.

Uh-oh, looks like Trump WASN'T the one sued.

But after the event, the insurer backing the tournament refused to pay up, because they said "Greenberg's required 150-yard shot had actually traveled only 139 yards."

Oh my, didn't meet the requirements. That's like an 18-year old winning a jackpot in Vegas.

Meanwhile, the Trump Organization says: "We had nothing to do with the matter other than they chose to use our course."

I hear he has nice courses.

And apparently the Donald offered to play a round at the course with Greenberg with some pretty sweet terms attached. If Greenberg won, Trump would hand over $1 million in cash then and there. If Greenberg lost, he'd have to pony up $100,000. Greenberg didn't take him up on the wager.

Gee it sure is fun to post sensational clickbait threads...but sucks when someone actually fact-checks it.
source

Yup, the truth showed this to be a distorted propaganda hit piece on Trump.
edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Trump was required? Nothing you have sourced has even come close to saying that...

He used money from his charity.

Tell me why if it's someone else's problem, Trump used money from his charity.

Charities have public records.

Show me the documents regarding this settlement, because the terms of it are specifically timestamped. I don't want your assumption or excuses, I want that freaking document.

I will also say that if you provide me that document and it shows correlation to the said payment, I will personally make the thread regarding it.

Ball in your court.

Good point. Phage? Annee? Any takers?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Read the post above this one

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: theantediluvian

Settled out of court means both parties agreed to avoid a trial, or "real court" . The terms was for one charity to donate to another. Since courts were bypassed, it was all legit. This was not a legal settlement at the direction of the courts. It ended as two parties compromising on their own terms. Which is "one charity will donate to another" . Therefore, no laws broken.

Phage? Annee? Wanna debate this logic?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I love reading Trump hate, it's so amusing

It sounds like people actually think, Trump went out and changed the tee off spot, that's funny, and I love it

No. He measured it short and created a fraud situation.

Hence, lawsuit.

Terms of lawsuit. Trump (not his charity cuz that's illegal and not his money) was required to donate to a specific charity.

You trying to make it a case of emotions or anti-Trump is ridiculous.

"No. He measured it short and created a fraud situation."

I have read this entire thread...... the above statement is incorrect. There is absolutely no proof that "he measured it short" or that his golf course measured it short.

You ever played golf?

I have.

You do know there are two different tees on each hole, one for men and one for women. The article clearly states that there was a crowd blocking part of the area of the tee off.

The golfer teed off from the women's tee... that is why his shot fell short of the distance required to win the prize. I'd bet money that the men's tee on that hole was in the correct yardage range to satisfy the requirements but it was blocked by spectators.

Nobody deliberately measured anything short to intentionally screw someone....looks to me like the golfer teed off from the wrong tee and invalidated his claim.

edit on R282016-09-24T02:28:38-05:00k289Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yeah I read that also. And knowing this I'm actually surprised Trump's company even settled with the loser. I would have told him to piss off.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: thinline
I love reading Trump hate, it's so amusing

It sounds like people actually think, Trump went out and changed the tee off spot, that's funny, and I love it

No. He measured it short and created a fraud situation.

Hence, lawsuit.

Terms of lawsuit. Trump (not his charity cuz that's illegal and not his money) was required to donate to a specific charity.

You trying to make it a case of emotions or anti-Trump is ridiculous.

"No. He measured it short and created a fraud situation."

I have read this entire thread...... the above statement is incorrect. There is absolutely no proof that "he measured it short" or that his golf course measured it short.

It's why he got sued.

I am just reporting what happened.

I'm not going to argue it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Annee, the donation from the Trump fund is about a year late, the certificate from the insurance company has not been revealed, the initial lawsuits did not include Trump, only his golf course, and if you do not know the difference between suing an individual and an entity you simply should not be posting.

You own a company, but you're not responsible.

Got it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

To be fair, the settlement went to another charity.

And this article has some more details..

A source close to the Trump Organizaion said, “We had nothing to do with the matter other than they chose to use our course.” The source added that Trump offered to play a round of 18 holes at Briarcliff with Greenberg, and if Greenberg won, Trump would pay him $1 million in cash on the spot. If Greenberg lost, he’d have to pay Trump $100,000. He didn’t take up the offer.

pagesix.com...

God forbid the truth come out.

Now, what's that about Hillary and Haiti again?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Chadwickus

To be fair, the settlement went to another charity.

And this article has some more details..

A source close to the Trump Organizaion said, “We had nothing to do with the matter other than they chose to use our course.” The source added that Trump offered to play a round of 18 holes at Briarcliff with Greenberg, and if Greenberg won, Trump would pay him $1 million in cash on the spot. If Greenberg lost, he’d have to pay Trump $100,000. He didn’t take up the offer.

pagesix.com...

God forbid the truth come out.

Now, what's that about Hillary and Haiti again?

How does that change anything?

He sued. An out of court settlement was reached.

The issue is how the settlement was paid.

That's it. That's the only issue on this subject.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

. . . if you do not know the difference between suing an individual and an entity you simply should not be posting.

It doesn't matter. None of the peripheral nonsense being brought into this means squat.

There's only one issue.

HOW WAS THE SETTLEMENT PAID?

talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 24-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You do realize it was an out of court settlement right?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You do realize it was an out of court settlement right?

What does that have to do with how the settlement was paid?

And for all those who say it's not about Trump. It's Trump Foundation that paid the settlement.

This is what is reported. This is not me making stuff up.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join