It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

An LLC is treated as a sole proprietorship for tax purposes if it's owned by one person.
Trump organisation is an LLC no matter how hard that is for you to accept. All in his personal tax returns, pal.

You did make me laugh though when you said 'it's not an LLC it's a conglomerate'... Not sure you realised how funny that is, but still, it was a good one.

Anyway, given this trash thread is in the political mudpit, i am leaving you to cling to the last remnant's of your tattered argument.
You really are 'The Black Knight'.
edit on 23/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Please stop this, you've been trying to argue the same point for the last 4 pages of this thread despite being corrected in every point you've made.

Start your own thread if you want to spam the same nonsense. Everything you've said is false... more or less

edit on 23-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Oh I see an even bigger 'black Knight' has arrived...

Which point has been corrected brainiac?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Who said Hillary is better? Only Trump supporters have brought her up in this thread.

When wil lamericans wake up and vote for people and polices rather than being drawn into showboating

I dunno, I ask myself that often. I also wonder when morons will be able to piece together that criticism of one is not support of the other.

When any one of you ever write a hit piece and attack Hillary maybe just maybe we will consider your outlandish claims.

You shouldn't mistake refusal to accept terrible logic as an attempt to say "See? I'm one of you". I could give a rats ass what your opinion of me is. "If you're not with him/her then you're with her/him is a pitiful, feeble argument that displays a disgusting amount of ignorance and avoidance of the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Phage

Isn't the only question Trump may have to answer here the possibility that he moved the tee forward to reduce the yardage of the hole to less than 150 yards?
No.
More important would be whether or not the golf course made settlement payments as specified by the agreement.
More important would be if Trump used instead, a non-profit to make the payments.

Don't you think?

Why do you think this guy settled "out of court" ?

Could it be that he realized like everyone else the agreement had clearly been breached on all sides ??

What does that have to do with the payment being made from the Trump Foundation?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Please refrain from personal attacks, they are against the T&C's.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: UKTruth

Please refrain from personal attacks, they are against the T&C's.

Ok, champ

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump & Son) is an American privately owned international conglomerate based in Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It serves as the principal holding company for Donald Trump's business ventures and investments. It is owned and managed by Donald Trump, serving as Chairman and CEO, and his three eldest children Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, serving as Executive Vice Presidents.
en.wikipedia.org...

Trump owns businesses abroad, which makes it impossible for The Trump Organization to be a limited liability company.

A limited liability company (LLC) is the United States-specific form of a private limited company. It is a business structure that combines the pass-through taxation of a partnership or sole proprietorship with the limited liability of a corporation.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Vector99

Where are the propagandists making excuses for their willingness to believe anything they read?

What part of the following is false?

In the other case in which a Trump Foundation payment seemed to help settle a legal dispute, the trouble began with a hole-in-one. In 2010, a man named Martin Greenberg hit a hole-in-one on the 13th hole while playing in a charity tournament at Trump's course in Westchester County, N.Y. Greenberg won a $1 million prize. Briefly. Later, Greenberg was told that he had won nothing. The prize's rules required that the shot had to go 150 yards. But Trump's course had allegedly made the hole too short. Greenberg sued. Eventually, court papers show, Trump's golf course signed off on a settlement that required it to make a donation of Greenberg's choosing. Then, on the day that the parties informed the court they had settled their case, a $158,000 donation was sent to the Martin Greenberg Foundation. That money came from the Trump Foundation, according to the tax filings of both Trump's and Greenberg's foundations.

www.esquire.com...

Also...you do understand that Donald Trump's course in Westchester County, N.Y. is a for profit enterprise? And that was the entity that was sued? And the legally responsible party..Since both the Plaintiff, Martin Greenburg and the insurer of the charity agreed that the Hole that trump claimed was 150 yards was not?

Trump settled a lawsuit aimed at his own company with charitable funds (other peoples money)...it is illegal.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
...you do understand that Donald Trump's course in Westchester County, N.Y. is a for profit enterprise? And that was the entity that was sued? And the legally responsible party..Since both the Plaintiff, Martin Greenburg and the insurer of the charity agreed that the Hole that trump claimed was 150 yards was not?

Trump settled a lawsuit aimed at his own company with charitable funds (other peoples money)...it is illegal.

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

...you do understand that Donald Trump's course in Westchester County, N.Y. is a for profit enterprise? And that was the entity that was sued? And the legally responsible party..Since both the Plaintiff, Martin Greenburg and the insurer of the charity agreed that the Hole that trump claimed was 150 yards was not?

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

Well I argue that what Trump did to settle this case was in fact NOT illegal. Do you see any charges being filled? Nope.

NOT ILLEGAL

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The latest report comes just a week after the office of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman opened a broad investigation into the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Hang in there! Charges and fines will be forthcoming, I'm sure!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

Well I argue that what Trump did to settle this case was in fact NOT illegal. Do you see any charges being filled? Nope.

NOT ILLEGAL

I appreciate the humor, but people who actual specialize in the law...received degrees....practice law as their profession...strongly disagree with you.

“I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I’ve never encountered anything so brazen,” said Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington...."It's shocking"
Link
edit on 23-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

Do you see any charges being filled? Nope.

I think this will follow the model of his pay-off to the FL AG being exposed where there is now a criminal complaint filed.

I think that the IRS, FEC etc. are over-worked and understaffed by design as their budgets have been stripped..

But under the hot spotlight of the media examining Trump, the corrupt goop of his business practices is boiling to the surface...and under staffed or not...when it makes headlines, the IRS must follow-up...they don't have the option of ignoring outright illegal activity...more so when the press has handed them their case.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hiding behind the T & C...

First, was it Trumps event or was someone renting space. Second, did any money get donated? Third, how did Trump profit for NOT giving away money?

3 simple questions.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Exactly.

It is not complicated.

NOT ILLEGAL

It is being investigated, along with the several other times he used Charity funds for his own benefit.

Just like when he donated to Bondi. Claims it was a mistake and paid a penalty.

How many "mistakes" is that now? One, might be a mistake. Creating a pattern of "same mistake" - - - says different.

Post Politics Trump pays IRS a penalty for his foundation violating rules with gift to aid Florida attorney general: www.washingtonpost.com... ney-general/

edit on 23-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Wait, do you think a "conglomerate" is a type of business? Like how an LLC is a type of business? Please tell me you don't think that...

You do realize and LLC can be a part of a "conglomerate" right?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

But this is hot the Hitlery side tries to spin things. They are trying hard to deflect all the scandals Hillary and Obama are tied to, coming to the surface. But it's not working.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sure....HAHAHAHAHAHA....like all of the others.....HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

But this is hot the Hitlery side tries to spin things. They are trying hard to deflect all the scandals Hillary and Obama are tied to, coming to the surface. But it's not working.

What?

Apparently, Trump must be handcuffed to Hillary.

Trump can't stand (or fall) on his own.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join