It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth
Is the golf course a sole proprietorship? Is the Donald J. Trump Foundation a sole proprietorship? How about his partnerships?

I suspect, having read the letter, Phage has already picked up on this too.
Yes. I read what it says, not what you want it to.

Good questions - at least we're off the notion that Trump's businesses are not being audited.

Who ever said that?

Usually when IRS finds questionable material in one area, they expand their search.

Crikey - I have been trying to ram home for the last 2 hrs that his businesses are being audited, which of course they are (including the golf course which appears to be set up like most of Trump's businesses)
... though we don't now about the foundation.

edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The Trump Organization is NOT a sole proprietorship! Many of the business is manages are, but not all. The letter in exhibit shows that the legal team represents The Trump Organization as well as Donald Trump in his personal tax filings. Donald Trumps personal income tax and The Trump Organization are two separate filings.

Also, by law, The Trump Foundation can't be a sole proprietorship, it must be a charitable corporation, 5013(c), most likely.

The vast majority of Trump's businesses taxes are filed under his personal tax return. He does not report them all (or any of them) rolled up through the Trump Organisation.

The Foundation, though, is not a sole proprietorship. Only income he received from it or donations he gave to it will be wrapped up in his personal tax return.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Is the golf course a sole proprietorship? Is the Donald J. Trump Foundation a sole proprietorship? How about his partnerships?

Good questions - at least we're off the notion that Trump's businesses are not being audited.

Who ever said that?

Usually when IRS finds questionable material in one area, they expand their search.

Crikey - I have been trying to ram home for the last 2 hrs that his businesses are being audited, which of course they are (including the golf course which appears to be set up like most of Trump's businesses)

Is that what you've been doing?

Must have got lost in translation or something.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The Trump Organization is NOT a sole proprietorship! Many of the business is manages are, but not all. The letter in exhibit shows that the legal team represents The Trump Organization as well as Donald Trump in his personal tax filings. Donald Trumps personal income tax and The Trump Organization are two separate filings.

Also, by law, The Trump Foundation can't be a sole proprietorship, it must be a charitable corporation, 5013(c), most likely.

The vast majority of Trump's businesses taxes are filed under his personal tax return. He does not report them all (or any of them) rolled up through the Trump Organisation.

The Foundation, though, is not a sole proprietorship. Only income he received from it or donations he gave to it will be wrapped up in his personal tax return.

What does any of that have to do with the subject of this thread?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I am afraid you will have to read back. I think a couple of posters challenged the financial aspects of the 500 plus entities and the fact that they have been under audit for some time and nothing to date has been found to indicate any wrongdoing regarding illegal payments... it's tenuous

What does any of that have to do with the subject of this thread?

I am afraid you will have to read back. I think a couple of posters challenged the financial aspects of the 500 plus entities and the fact that they have been under audit for some time and nothing to date has been found to indicate any wrongdoing regarding illegal payments... it's tenuous

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Who ever said that?

Is that what you've been doing?

Must have got lost in translation or something.

Must have - maybe you have the wrong language set in your browser

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What makes you say that?

...you hold as the sole or principle owner in approximately 500 separate entities. These entities are collectively referred to and do business as The Trump Organization.

The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump & Son) is an American privately owned international conglomerate based in Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
en.wikipedia.org...

A conglomerate is the combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different businesses that fall under one corporate group, usually involving a parent company and many subsidiaries.

Donald Trump and The Trump Organization are 2 separate entities.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What makes you say that?

...you hold as the sole or principle owner in approximately 500 separate entities. These entities are collectively referred to and do business as The Trump Organization.

The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump & Son) is an American privately owned international conglomerate based in Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
en.wikipedia.org...

A conglomerate is the combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different businesses that fall under one corporate group, usually involving a parent company and many subsidiaries.

Donald Trump and The Trump Organization are 2 separate entities.

The Trump Organisation is an LLC which for tax purposes is treated as a sole proprietorship.

The IRS treats one-member LLCs as sole proprietorships for tax purposes. This means that the LLC itself does not pay taxes and does not have to file a return with the IRS. As the sole owner of your LLC, you must report all profits (or losses) of the LLC on Schedule C and submit it with your 1040 tax return.

Sorry I couldn't resist:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The Trump Organisation is an LLC which for tax purposes is treated as a sole proprietorship.

No it isn't. The Trump Winery is. The Trump Organization, the winery's parent company, is a Conglomerate.

edit on 22-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No it isn't. The Trump Winery is. The Trump Organization is a Conglomerate.

/sigh
www.bloomberg.com...

A conglomerate is just a term and can be an LLC. Stay away from Wikipedia for things like this.
The vast majority of Trump's businesses are sole proprietorships or treated as such for tax purposes, and are within his personal tax returns.

The IRS will pick up any illegal payments from his audit, though not from his foundation unless such a payment was in a donation from Trump or received as income by Trump.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Agit8dChop

Right. Deflect.
Your list is impressive. I wonder what Donny's list of allegations would like if he had been under scrutiny as much as Clinton has.

You seem to be under the impression that I like Clinton. You are mistaken.

I wont pry if you aren't saying, but my guess for you was Libertarian Phage. Kudos on not really liking either. It is foolish to think either of these are the answer. Of the two I would say Trump has to be better. We already know what Clinton will do from how she handled the 2 AM call with a crisis that left 4 people brutally murdered and worse in Benghazi.
edit on 22-9-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Look, we have something called "Income Tax" here in the US. We are taxed on our individual income, not on what our businesses make. Donald Trump gets profits from his companies in the form of dividends, salaries and bonuses. That is his income, cut and dry. His businesses file separately, as does his charity, and are not connected to his income taxes. Them's the facts.

Correct on the income from those exchanges from the business to Trump being his income. Business is just that but I am seeing a bit of a problem with the appearance of being cheap on his part if they argued the winner's money away like they do sometimes in these events.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Of the two I would say Trump has to be better. We already know what Clinton will do.

I have to say - - this is the dumbest argument ever - - on why to vote for Trump.

"We don't know what Trump will do - - because he has ZERO political history - - so let's vote for him".

And scarily, a lot of people are using this exact argument for reason to vote for Trump.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

A conglomerate is just a term and can be an LLC.

Nope. An LLC, Limited Liability Corporation, is an United States specific corporation. The Trump Organization is an international conglomerate. But, it matters not, because any corporation is NOT a sole proprietorship, and is not, by definition, owned by one person. So, it couldn't be part and parcel of Donald Trumps personal income taxes.

What is a 'Conglomerate'
A conglomerate is a corporation that is made up of a number of different, seemingly unrelated businesses. In a conglomerate, one company owns a controlling stake in a number of smaller companies, which conduct business separately.
Each of a conglomerate's subsidiary businesses runs independently of the other business divisions, but the subsidiaries' management reports to senior management at the parent company. Read more: Conglomerate Definition | Investopedia www.investopedia.com... Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

The Trump Organization is a separate entity to Donald Trump, and is the parent corporation that holds all the Trump family businesses. As a corporation, it is owned by it's shareholders, even if the only shareholders are the Trump family members, and can't be a sole proprietorship.

I'm not saying that Trump's taxes aren't complex, but Donald Trump and The Trump Organization are 2 separate entities with separate tax filings.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So let me see if I have this right. Trump didn't pay a guy who made a golf shot, and when it ended up in court he settled and used some charity money. Yeah.. that is crooked.

But, when your saying these things to try and paint him as bad, all I can say is two words... "Clinton Foundation". Sale of military secrets, uranium, political favors, for all we know assassinations, etc etc etc. Sorry but there is NO comparison.

Oh and by the way... I'm voting for Johnson. Yeah.. he's still in the running.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
So let me see if I have this right. Trump didn't pay a guy who made a golf shot, and when it ended up in court he settled and used some charity money. Yeah.. that is crooked.

Perfect. Simple. To the point.

Let's just ignore that you tried to make comparisons to Clinton. Because this thread has nothing to do with Clinton.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
a reply to: DerekJR321

It was the insurance company that refused to pay. The reason was because, the "Hole in One" had to be at least 150 feet long, but Trump's golf course planned the Tee Off spot short of 150 feet, creating an unwinnable paradigm, seemingly to deliberately sabotage the contest. So, the winner sued Trump's Golf Course.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Who said Hillary is better? Only Trump supporters have brought her up in this thread.

When wil lamericans wake up and vote for people and polices rather than being drawn into showboating

I dunno, I ask myself that often. I also wonder when morons will be able to piece together that criticism of one is not support of the other.

When any one of you ever write a hit piece and attack Hillary maybe just maybe we will consider your outlandish claims.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Isn't the only question Trump may have to answer here the possibility that he moved the tee forward to reduce the yardage of the hole to less than 150 yards?
No.
More important would be whether or not the golf course made settlement payments as specified by the agreement.
More important would be if Trump used instead, a non-profit to make the payments.

Don't you think?

Why do you think this guy settled "out of court" ?

Could it be that he realized like everyone else the agreement had clearly been breached on all sides ??

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Sure.

Or Trump said, "Screw it, pay 'em out of the foundation. That way it won't cost me anything."

Do you really think that he would not be involved with administrating a $500,000 settlement for his company?

The point is we don't know what involvement he had.
He is likely to have said 'yes, we need to pay'. But I highly doubt he checked account codes on the system.

You have no idea how business and accounting work. This is not a mistake that anyone makes.

These are two separate entities. They have completely separate accounts. It is literally impossible for this to be some sort of coding error as you suggest.

You are very confused.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join