It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Refused to Pay Winner of 1M Golf Contest Prize Used Charity Money to Settle

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

This was stated by his lawyers and is not debatable unless you think his lawyers are lying.

Your personal tax returns have been under continuous examination by the internal revenue service since 2002

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

Yes, income and losses from his companies (and investments) are included in his personal returns. With 500 such entities his personal return is, indeed, unwieldy. The corporate returns are not included in his returns (but statements such as K-1s are) and the letter from his attorney does not say that they are. Nor does the attorney say any of those entities are under investigation by the IRS. It is all about his personal tax returns.

Let's get back to the meat. When did they begin the investigation of his foundation?

When he won the Primary

It was started by that pro-Trump outlet, The Washington Post.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, it's not illegal to collect a salary from the foundation. Are trying to tell us that he forewent his salary to pay the Golf Course's debt?

Also, the letter that you posted states that the transaction of payments that Trump received as compensation from his companies makes his income tax returns large, but not that all his companies' filings are also under IRS audit. They are separate.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, I read it. I provided the link.

Please point out where it says that the corporate returns are part of Trump's personal returns. Please point out where it says any of those entities are being audited. You need to be specific, because attorneys are very careful about the words they use. They say that, because there are so many entities his personal tax returns are complex. That is all they say.

Personal tax returns do not include the tax returns of the companies involved. They include statements from those companies (K-1s, and such).
edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No, it's not illegal to collect a salary from the foundation. Are trying to tell us that he forewent his salary to pay the Golf Course's debt?

Also, the letter that you posted states that the transaction of payments that Trump received as compensation from his companies makes his income tax returns large, but not that all his companies' filings are also under IRS audit. They are separate.

The transactions will need to be reviewed as part of the personal audit - any income from any of the 500 plus entities.
That means all his businesses that provide him income will be part of the audit - even though those businesses themselves are not being audited directly. This likely includes the foundation for the reasons stated.

As for your point on the financial ruling - who knows what the process he used was.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yes, I read it. I provided the link.

Please point out where it says that the corporate returns are part of Trump's personal returns. Please point out where it says any of those entities are being audited. You need to be specific, because attorneys are very careful about the words they use. They say that, because there are so many entities his personal tax returns are complex. That is all they say.

Personal tax returns do not include the tax returns of the companies involved. They include statements from those companies (K-1s, and such).

I didn't say corporate returns, you did.
I said:

The latter states quite clearly that the hundreds of transactions per year in his business are part of his personal income tax return

To which you replied, "false", which was, erm, false!

We don't have to be that careful about specific words, we're not in court.

p.s. I read the letter in March - I'm well aware of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the history of the world has there ever been an example of a crooked businessman turned into an honest politician?

Anythings possible I guess, but odds are Trump will never make the cut.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

This was stated by his lawyers and is not debatable unless you think his lawyers are lying.

Your personal tax returns have been under continuous examination by the internal revenue service since 2002

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

Yes, income and losses from his companies (and investments) are included in his personal returns. With 500 such entities his personal return is, indeed, unwieldy. The corporate returns are not included in his returns (but statements such as K-1s are) and the letter from his attorney does not say that they are. Nor does the attorney say any of those entities are under investigation by the IRS. It is all about his personal tax returns.

Let's get back to the meat. When did they begin the investigation of his foundation?

When he won the Primary

It was started by that pro-Trump outlet, The Washington Post.

HAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
In the history of the world has there ever been an example of a crooked businessman turned into an honest politician?

Bottom line is that I think it's still a fair bet you won't find out... you'll have to make do with a crooked politician again.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

We live in a strange world

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It is also predictable.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The transactions will need to be reviewed as part of the personal audit - any income from any of the 500 plus entities.

That's not what the letter says. It says: "Because you operate these businesses almost exclusively through sole proprietorship and/or closely held partnerships, your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual."

It says nothing about his business entities being audited.

This likely includes the foundation for the reasons stated.

This would not include his foundation, unless he took a paycheck from his foundation or listed it as a recipient of a charitable donation that he personal made. Even then, Trumps tax filings would have no bearing on his foundation's tax filings. They are separate entities, unrelated to Trump's personal income tax audits.

edit on 22-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That's not what the letter says. It says: "Because you operate these businesses almost exclusively through sole proprietorship and/or closely held partnerships, your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual."

It says nothing about his business entities being audited.

This likely includes the foundation for the reasons stated.

This would not include his foundation, unless he took a paycheck from his foundation or listed it as a recipient of a charitable donation that he personal made. Even then, Trumps tax filings would have no bearing on his foundation's tax filings. They are separate entities, unrelated to Trump's personal income tax audits.

The letter states that the transactions of his businesses are included in his personal income tax audit.
It's above and underlined so I won't reference again in this circular argument.

However, I will repost this snippet from way earlier, which the letter confirms:

Each of these companies has its own set of transactions each year, which end up registering on Trump's personal taxes. So the complexity of Trump's tax situation is real, and the audits very likely are too

Any notion that Trumps' business transactions are not part of his personal income tax audit are false. Clearly.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The letter states that the transactions of his businesses are included in his personal income tax audit.

No it doesn't say that at all!

Any notion that Trumps' business transactions are not part of his personal income tax audit are false. Clearly.

Wrong! The Trump Organization files separately.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

On the flip side, in the history of the world has there ever been an example of a crooked politician turned into an honest politician?

Anythings possible I guess, but odds are Hillary will never make the cut.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

On the flip side, in the history of the world has there ever been an example of a crooked politician turned into an honest politician?

Anythings possible I guess, but odds are Hillary will never make the cut.

If Hillary's numbers continue their decline and Trump's numbers continue their incline then yup

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No it doesn't say that at all!

Wrong! The Trump Organization files separately.

Who said anything about business filings?
Trumps business transactions, as clearly stated in the letter, are part of his personal income tax audit.

As disclosed in your Executive Branch Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278c), filed on July 15th, 2015, you hold interests as the sole or principal owner in approximately 500 separate entities. These entities are collectively referred to and do business as the Trump Organisation. These entities engage in hundreds of transactions, deals, and new enterprises every year. Because you operate these businesses almost exclusively through sole proprietorships and/or closely held partnerships, your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual.

Trump runs a number of unincorporated businesses(in fact almost all of them are). Sole proprietorships. Quite apart from that, the transactions themselves in all his businesses that provide him income are part of the investigative work required for an audit.

What Is a Sole Proprietorship? A sole proprietorship is a type of business that is owned by one individual (if there is more than one owner, a person can form a general partnership). A sole proprietor is not required to register with the state nor are there any formal requirements to create or maintain a sole proprietorship, which makes it the easiest and least expensive type of business structure. Another benefit of a sole proprietorship is that the owner is not required to file separate taxes for the business. More specifically, a sole proprietor simply includes the income and expenses of the business on his or her personal tax return. It's important to mention that while this is the simplest type of business structure, it does have drawbacks with the biggest one being that the sole proprietor is not shielded from personal liability for business debts or legal judgments against the business.

Now, I'm done arguing the point as you clearly can't accept what is in front of your eyes.
I suspect, having read the letter, Phage has already picked up on this too.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Is the golf course a sole proprietorship? Is the Donald J. Trump Foundation a sole proprietorship? How about his partnerships?

Yes. I read what it says, not what you want it to.
edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Is the golf course a sole proprietorship? Is the Donald J. Trump Foundation a sole proprietorship? How about his partnerships?

Good questions - at least we're off the notion that Trump's businesses are not being audited. Now we know they ARE. That's the bit I was hoping you would concede given it's as plain as day.

If the foundation and golf course are not sole proprietorships, transactions from those businesses will STILL be part of his personal income tax audit if he received any income from them or gave money to the charity. I would have thought the foundation is not, as it would need to be set up for a specific tax exemption.

What we know from the lawyers letter is that his businesses are 'almost exclusively' sole proprietorships or closely held partnerships.

I'll check the golf course and foundation.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Good questions - at least we're off the notion that Trump's businesses are not being audited.

Who ever said that?

Usually when IRS finds questionable material in one area, they expand their search.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The Trump Organization is NOT a sole proprietorship! Many of the business is manages are, but not all. The letter in exhibit shows that the legal team represents The Trump Organization as well as Donald Trump in his personal tax filings. Donald Trumps personal income tax and The Trump Organization are two separate filings.

Also, by law, The Trump Foundation can't be a sole proprietorship, it must be a charitable corporation, 5013(c), most likely.

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join