It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hillary Hiding From The Press?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump has how many investigations going on?

NY is investigating his charity

Florida is investigating bribery

3,500 lawsuits...

I see why he isn't doing press conferences.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What is the point of discussing politics at all is what you're essentially saying. It hasn't been "proven" that doing so online has less impact than doing so in person at all. That's an unqualified statement of opinion.

Agreed?

To goad people with a differing political opinion? Some sort of daily affirmation? Obsession?

Is there something wrong with challenging the opinions of others? I suppose that's equally pointless? Why even have discussions or debates about anything at all? Why even have forums?

Ah, to hell with it. You're right — you got me. There's no point at all. I guess I should just run along now and keep my opinions to myself. Can't stand against a stampeding herd after all! Public discourse, what utterly useless thing. What morons ever thought such a thing was worthwhile I wonder?

Time to hang it up I guess since obviously ignorance cannot be denied.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'd be hiding from the press too if I was her. They clearly have it in for her. Seriously though. I can't believe people are getting caught up in all these lies and BS. It's a false narrative people! It's entertainment! Bread and circuses. There has not been an election in recent history where that was more obvious than this one.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

On second thought...

You've been on this site having discussions for more than 9 years. Do you believe those were 9 years wasted? 35,000 posts that didn't change a single mind about a single thing ever?

Why is it that you're coming at me with baseless, insulting questions about "affirmation" and "obsession" because you choose to believe that when it comes to politics, debate is futile?

Why aren't you taking the high road here? You're no dummy. You ask questions. I've seen you challenge other people's opinions. I've witnessed you arguing points against people who were dead set in their ignorance.

Were you just looking for some "daily affirmation?" Obsessed?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is comical watching progressives flail and whine....

The debates are going to be hilarious...

*cough cough, short circuit, swallow anti-immune medication, *cough *cough *cough....

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What is the point of discussing politics at all is what you're essentially saying. It hasn't been "proven" that doing so online has less impact than doing so in person at all. That's an unqualified statement of opinion.

Agreed?

No, not really

Is there something wrong with challenging the opinions of others? I suppose that's equally pointless? Why even have discussions or debates about anything at all? Why even have forums?

Ah, to hell with it. You're right — you got me. There's no point at all. I guess I should just run along now and keep my opinions to myself. Can't stand against a stampeding herd after all! Public discourse, what utterly useless thing. What morons ever thought such a thing was worthwhile I wonder?

Time to hang it up I guess since obviously ignorance cannot be denied.

Its politics. In another year we will all join in lamenting how they are all bought off by corporations. The DNC platform has a plank devoted to this admission of there being a major issue with how campaigns are financed and another dicussing the effects of lobbies.

Sure. Silly tit for tats is exactly how one denies ignorance. LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Cool story. You know what's really comical? Observing Trumpeteers — who have nothing of substance to say ever — parroting the latest memes of the Trump campaign like mindless robots, not questioning anything and content to wallow in their ignorance.

You keep not rocking the basket!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It's one thing to challenge other people's opinions, and it's other when you are a attention seeking person.

Seriously, that's the only way that I can explain your fake click bait titles of your threads. Challenging opinions? Hillary hasn't had a press conference in almost 300 days, and you are trying to prove something because Trump didn't had one in 2 months?

Even though he was answering questions with the mexican president?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The more Hillary "hides" the better for Trump. He picked up a few more votes today due to boxing promoter Don King wholeheartedly endorsing him and using a racial slang term (N*ggers) during the introduction.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

p.s. I thought Don King was worse off than Hillary health-wise. Apparently not! LOL
edit on 9/21/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Trump has had around 17 formal press conferences this year. Hillary has had how many?

Trump and the RNC was lenient enough to start their gripe regarding Clinton's lack of press conferences well after 200 days. I see the we are after Trump now for, what, 50 or so days without a formal press conference?

I think someone else is wearing the hypocrisy shoes here.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your link is for the "backfire effect." That's not a response to what I said but hey, let's do a real life experiment in the "backfire effect" right now since you brought it up.

You said:

Its pretty much proven that online arguing has zero chance of changing opinions or votes.

Fact. I responded:

It hasn't been "proven" that doing so online has less impact than doing so in person at all.

Fact. You replied to my response with a link to the "backfire effect" which has nothing to do with online vs in person debates. Fact.

In fact the "backfire effect" applies to any argument where you try to counter opinions with facts. This is nothing new. I'd actually been trying to counter opinions through other means like satire. Trying to circumvent the "backfire effect" by using humor to expose the absurdity of some opinions. Seem like a perfectly legitimate way of "denying ignorance" and quite possibly a more pragmatic approach.

The result? Trash binned. Twice. (including after I updated it so there were no T&C concerns)

Why? Because employing less conventional means apparently doesn't fit the paradigm (unfortunately repeating hoaxes and absurd speculation do apparently). So here I'm trying a slightly different tactic. Starting with an opinion that people already embraced for one candidate (not holding press conferences means that candidate is hiding something) and then challenging people to simply consider that the same applies to the other.

Will it be effective? Who knows? I can tell you that you derailing my thread with off-topic posts isn't helping any.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes. Trump had around 17 formal press conferences. Then they stopped. Why?

That doesn't qualify as a valid question even to you?

Trump and the RNC was lenient enough to start their gripe regarding Clinton's lack of press conferences well after 200 days. I see the we are after Trump now for, what, 50 or so days without a formal press conference?

Interesting that you would choose the word "lenient." What do you mean by that exactly? It seems to imply that the Trump campaign and RNC were counting the days all along and held off until some threshold was met. Like they were holding back out of some sense of fairness. Because you know, that's how political campaigns operate, right?

Are you also denying that there's a significance to timing or circumstances in a campaign? That there aren't strategic decisions being made based on the time until election day or things like developing scandals?

Because I know that you're not a first-order thinker, I can only assume that you're either being uncharacteristically careless or deliberately disingenuous.

EDIT:

My apologies. I inadvertantly hit enter before I finished my post.
edit on 2016-9-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yes. Trump had around 17 formal press conferences. Then they stopped. Why?

He is campaigning. There is little time. Unless you have a conspiracy theory at hand?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Bravo on the thread.

I enjoy apples to apples comparisons.

This one however is comparing an apple to a roll of used toilet paper.

BTW, Hillary keeps hiding. Trump is doing a Town Hall event with Hannity tonight.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The more Hillary "hides" the better for Trump. He picked up a few more votes today due to boxing promoter Don King wholeheartedly endorsing him and using a racial slang term during the introduction.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

p.s. I thought Don King was worse off than Hillary health-wise. Apparently not! LOL

So you completely disregarded the OP? Hillary has apparently come out of hiding while Trump has quietly withdrawn to avoid questions.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Fact. You replied to my response with a link to the "backfire effect" which has nothing to do with online vs in person debates. Fact.

Something you may have missed in your apparent frustration is that I never juxtaposed online vs in person. That was your invention. I just said simply "online arguing". Which, itself, is likely a mistatement of what I intended. But I think the link I provided clarified my intent rather nicely.

Starting with an opinion that people already embraced for one candidate (not holding press conferences means that candidate is hiding something) and then challenging people to simply consider that the same applies to the other.

I think the issue, for me anyway, is that this just doesn't seem very sincere. Everyone has drank their kool aid...no need for any of us to pretend otherwise. So while it may sound like a noble thing (this spreading of facts), in fact its simply someone with the flu sneezing. Because that is what someone infected with influenza does. Even with 8 layers of lipstick on it.

Will it be effective? Who knows? I can tell you that you derailing my thread with off-topic posts isn't helping any.

Well....im just another asshole with an opinion to share.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

What you mean to say is that Trump is doing a campaign event with an admitted campaign advisor who has been actively campaigning for Trump on his primetime show, has been warned by his employer to stop appearing in Trump campaign ads and who has said for the record that he "never claimed to be a journalist."

Right?

Sounds legit. I'm sure Hannity is really going to put him through the ringer. Put the screws to him and all that. That's not a press conference, formal or otherwise is it?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well....im just another asshole with an opinion to share.

And that's all I am. See, you knew the answer all along.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Honestly? I just wanted to give you something to think about. If not now, maybe while in the shower, or dozing off to sleep. Im already fully disengaged from the upcoming selection. Some call it "jaded'. I like to think of it more as a patina.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

Care to comment about why Trump is hiding out from the press? How about the hypocrisy of Trump and the RNC using it as an attack on Clinton and now that the stakes are up, he's not giving giving press conferences and she is?

Just inane deflection?

I will . Possible IRS corruption as has been seen and proven over the past 2 years against right wing groups ?I bet they are just diggin deep to find something. To their lament they havent found anything over all the years they have been trying or they would have released it. I bet Obama and the rest of the admin are pulling their hair out in frustration just about now,,,,,

When they (the IRS) are unable to find anything , Don will release them and completely humiliate that POS group.

edit on 9/21/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join