It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Says F-U to the EU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

This guy is insane!

He's killing people for smoking MJ...

I will never visit that place until that crazy maniac is gone.

Sure, I agree with his anti Brussels sentiment but damn, he's just as bad in many ways.

Wonder how many kids who didn't know any better his death squads have killed so far???

Hitler in the freaking making...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I want to shake this mans hand. He is my new Hero.

Keep doing what you're doing Duterte. Say no to the globalists, shoot the criminal gangsters. All good stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I accidentally quoted wrong person:

@ anyone who thinks this guy is "cool"

Do you know anything about this maniac?

Have you looked into his death squads?

I'm sure you would be fine with Trump or Hillary getting elected and implementing same laws?

Maybe you don't do or deal with drugs but I can bet you that someone you love might, if I am wrong then you are a very lucky person. If you lived in his country and your brother smoked weed, he would be a target of his death squads.

edit on 21-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: Fixed incorrect quote

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Keep doing what you're doing Duterte. Say no to the globalists, shoot the criminal gangsters. All good stuff.

The ignorance in this thread is frightening.

Sure he's got charisma but he's a freaking cold blooded killer.

See my above post and see if it applies to you or anyone you love.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

The drug dealers are given a choice, stop dealing drugs or face the consequences. Pretty sure they get a reward for ratting out their parasite bosses.

The crackdown targets the kingpins. The people who genuinely deserve to die. They are not nice people.

A lot of the freelance drug dealers aren't particularly nice people either, seeing as they prey on the poor, the desperate and those without hope.

He's also going after corruption and targeting politicians, businessmen and police who have allowed these drug peddling parasites to thrive.

Hopefully he goes after the human traffickers and child prostitution rings next.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I've seen reports, I can't confirm them so I can't state them as fact, that it's not just the dealers, it's the users too. There are more bodies than they know what to do with.

Hopefully he goes after the human traffickers and child prostitution rings next.

Maybe he should focus on that first.

Shows where his messed up priorities are.
edit on 21-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

The drug cartels de-facto control some provinces of the Philippines. There are some areas where even the Army can't go because of it. I think that is the more pressing matter. Not to mention the amount of control they have over people in "unoccupied" (for want of a better term) areas.

Do you have a link to some sources about the users? I'd be interested to read it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

The ignorance in this thread is frightening.

Perhaps that includes you. He certainly is killing dealers, but you have no real evidence that he is actually targeting users. But beyond your shaky evidence, your attitude is that of a western first world country telling a third world country what to do, just like the US insisting "democracy" is right for everyone and US policies ought to be implemented everywhere. Substitute EU for US where you like. It's a very ethnocentric way to treat other countries. "We are superior in every way; do it like we do."

Yet these third world countries are in a world of hurt and a case can be made that it is largely our fault, fallout from the days of colonialism or present day policies. In the case of the Philippines the place is dominated by drug cartels and other criminal elements who have their tentacles into the politics of the country in such a way as to be the de facto rulers. The US has turned a blind eye to this for decades because the P.I. was seen as a strategic defense partner. Our military bases dominated the island economy for years and contributed to the problem. This guy is saying he wants sovereignty back from the criminal element and he doesn't much care what bleeding heart liberals from white countries think about it.

To him and others like him the US and EU are seen as cultures so enamored with diversity and equality that they are willing to extol the virtues and rights of criminals to the detriment of victims thus accelerating their own decline. We tend to say that a criminal is a criminal because of economic circumstances, so it's not really his fault and we need to give him a trillion dollars of welfare a year to make it all better--which it doesn't. He's saying a criminal is at fault, period, and to hell with your cumbersome, expensive "justice" system that gives more rights to criminals than victims.

I applaud him for reminding the rest of the world they are not in charge of his country and that they helped create the mess he now wants to clean up. Yes, from our ever so refined perspective he's crude, but a refined approach to the problems he faces won't solve them, but will exacerbate them, and he's telling us to butt out. We've been entirely ineffective in dealing with our own similar issues. Why should he listen to us now?
edit on 9/21/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Him and President Trump will get along JUST FINE!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Do you have a link to some sources about the users? I'd be interested to read it.

The daughter of one of Britain's most colourful aristocrats is the latest casualty of anti-drug death squads killing in the name of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte.

Police say Aurora Moynihan was shot five times in the chest before being dumped on a street corner in Manila.

Moynihan, 45, is the Paris-educated younger sister of national movie star Maritoni Fernandez. The siblings' father was Baron Antony Moynihan, a globetrotting, "drug smuggling, brothel keeping" police informant who died in Manila in 1991, aged 55.

Moynihan had reportedly been on a police watch list since 2013, when she was arrested on a minor possession charge involving the drug ice, known as shabu in the Philippines.

More than 3000 people, including several young children, have been killed since Duterte issued the decree a month before he took office on June 30.

m.nzherald.co.nz...

She's hardly a cartel leader. People seem to think they are only going after the "big dawgs" which is definitely not the case, these are indiscriminate killings.

I also have very close friends who are witnessing this on a daily basis.

Don't believe me though, I'm just a stranger on the internets.

Anyone cheering this # should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How "cool". A grown man pointing his middle finger.
Small brains small pleasures.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great responses all! As with all ATS threads there are always 2 sides.

Unfortunately, the heavy hand of human "leadership" won't be going away any time soon. Even 'anarchists' who only seek control over their own lives must deal with the 'anarchy' of others.

Human nature is usually the problem, sometimes offering solutions, but mostly causing chaos...
Show me a 'sane' person and I'll show you someone who doesn't care about leading, following or struggling at all.

And drug cartels are doing way more than passing a little weed around. How many have died from heroin overdose?

Again... always 2 (or more) sides to consider.

edit on 22-9-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: sp

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Profanity: a weak mind attempting to express itself through force.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All western government just wants Philly to help block China and other Asian countries. In return they get nothing. Attempting to use Asians against Asians just like the North American Indian Wars. Hiding behind the White population of innocent Europeans. Beware of fake Crusades. Crusades are done and over. They will tell you the crusades was against Islam. But those who read history knows the truth.
edit on 22-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join