It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Says F-U to the EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This man is taking no prisoners... literally! I have to admire this level of guts. The man is on fire with a passion for killing druglords, and while I don't support total drug prohibition I certainly don't think drug cartels should operate without fear. Now they have something to fear, and Duterte has taken his fearlesness to the face of other world leaders. Go Rodrigo, go!

'F*** you EU!' Philippines president hits out at Brussels amid EU bureaucrats meddling

edit on 21-9-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: sp

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sweet, he going to curb stomp China next?

No?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sweet, he going to curb stomp China next?

No?

No he will be declared the next "axis of evil" and will have to be taken out, you know for the sake of the children.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sweet, he going to curb stomp China next?

Pretty sure he's just trying to clean up his own country. Gotta start small, y'know?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Most likely to be true, probably be one of those joint China / US curb stomping in reverse. Sadly

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy

Drugs dealers and China seems to be a pain in the ass at present for Philippines.
edit on 21-9-2016 by Lysergic because: quote tags went all wonky

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: imsoconfused
Most likely to be true, probably be one of those joint China / US curb stomping in reverse. Sadly

Sure, it could blow up in his face.... and his people could suffer for it, but this is where the guts thing comes in. Everyone else just lays down like a dog.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

I'm not against it, whats the point of being a "sovereign country" if one can't do the will of the people because of other 3rd party countries?

And IMHO there are many many many countries that do way worse things to innocent people, granted I'm sure his policy allows for some to murder others under the guise of being a drug dealer.

I could care-less if he wanted to crucify them.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why is it cool when a foreign leader employs vulgarity, but when one does it at home he's an arrogant, racist twat?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm not against it, whats the point of being a "sovereign country" if one can't do the will of the people because of other 3rd party countries?

And IMHO there are many many many countries that do way worse things to innocent people, granted I'm sure his policy allows for some to murder others under the guise of being a drug dealer.

I could care-less if he wanted to crucify them.

Here is an interesting comment from the comment section of the article. If true, it would seem the politicians are more scared than the drug dealers?

Am American living in the Philippines. Ill tell you the secrete meaning behind these killings. Any reporter can verify what Im saying, anybody who has a friend in the Philippines can ask them and verify this. There is already a life sentence here for drugs even marijuana. So nobody in their right mind will be a dealer if they are not "connected" with a politician who will protect them from prosecution, nobody connected to a politician here has a care of getting prosecuted or even charged, it just dosent happen here.  Ask anybody here "who is the big dealer in this town" everybody, I mean everybody, knows Its the mayors or congressman's son. What Duterte  is doing is sending a message to the politicians here is "you dont think I can't touch you!!!?? He is sending a message of fear to the politicians. I would bet anything, some reporter please verify, 1,500 of the 2,400 killed are direct immediate relatives to mayor level or above politician. In Filipino culture you have to dominate and lead with the fist its the only way the Filipino will fall in line. Any historian knows this and even more so Duterte as a Filipino. What hes saying is EU and America you dont understand my method, FU. Frankly most Filipino dont know his method either. But for sure the other politicians understand his method 100%

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Agreed... and I know what you mean about China. It was Roberyt Newman's "History of Oil" that woke me up to China's true role in the world:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

didnt he tell obama the same thing last month during his lame duck goodbye world tour?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
lol, he is right, badass!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

'F*** you EU!' Philippines president hits out at Brussels amid EU bureaucrats meddling

EU bureaucrats have not been meddling in the Philippines (they have no authority there) so this headline is as stupid and dishonest as Duterte himself.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

EU bureaucrats have not been meddling in the Philippines

I don't know about that.... they could very well be pressuring him behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
this man will do wonders for the Philippines. i cant wait to see them in 5 years when they'll be reaching out for support against a mentalist soon to be dictator.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I love this guy. Hold it down sir. its your house.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

EU bureaucrats have not been meddling in the Philippines (they have no authority there) so this headline is as stupid and dishonest as Duterte himself.

Really now? On the EU website...
eeas.europa.eu...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So UK/phillipine alliance?

Let # over the EU together!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

But they have. From the article you cited:

Rodrigo Duterte stunned reporters and officials when he responded to MEPs' condemnation of his government's brutal anti-crime crackdown, which has seen suspects summarily executed by police.

An EU statement urged President Duterte to put an end to the "extrajudicial killings" and launch an alternative campaign in line with international human rights laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join