It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump's plan to seize Iraq's oil: 'It's not stealing, we're reimbursing ourselves'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
This is interesting to me for another reason.

Many on the right have annihilated Obama for continuing war and want us all to "leave other nations alone." Now the right's talking piece wants to go in and take it back...hence...military action...hence...taking oil that is NOT rightfully ours...hence...great possibility for another war.

So if Obama or Hillary are evil due to war or continuation of war, why is it ok for Trump to advocate what will very likely turn to war on the back of theft?

YEah except this time we dont need any troops because they need to pay us back for providing military services. We use the ICC and UN to get it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Everyone should sue everyone, it's the only way to be sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here's how I see it.

Take the oil and use the proceeds for American interests - morally wrong, but not illegal as far as I can tell.
Take the oil and use it to help Iraq and re-establish their right to their assets - morally right, not illegal.

Both scenarios mean ISIS loses it's financial power - right on every level.

So Trump is wrong in terms of his stated use of the oil, but he is right in all respects about the need to take it.

edit on 21/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

The terrorists don't own the oil. Iraq does. Donny boy is advancing the notion of to the victor goes the spoils.
We don't have wars like that anymore. Donny thinks it's the 14th century and he's fighting the war of the roses.

This is basic stuff he should know . I know it and I'm not running for president.

But when Hillary does the same things it will be just fine. What is your political party? Oh yes, the Hypocrisy Party, I keep forgetting because it's so blatantly in everyone's face

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well Japan can counter sue over the 2 atom bombs dropped on them.
But UK is correct.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It’s an indication of Trump’s abysmal ignorance and immorality that in 2016 he speaks like a colonialist of the 18th century and xenophobic jack-ass

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So he likes OPO (other people's oil) and Trum p likes OPM (other people's money).

There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk — you get a good chunk out of it and it takes the risk."

SMH

When I heard this story driving home from work this morning, I couldn't help laughing. I wonder if the folks in the North Carolina audience he gave this nugget of wisdom to, stopped to think, "hmmm, does he mean my money?"

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Totally agree. I would bet my last dollar we wouldn't be in the middle east if it wasn't for oil. Our presence started when we stated protecting oil tankers in the Persian Gulf. We don't make an ally with Saudi Arabia who has one of the worst human rights on record because they share our ideology.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If there's no honor among thieves, this does make sense to me. Stealing from Isis isn't stealing in my opinion.

Does it? ISIS is stealing the oil from Iraq and others. How does it make us any different from ISIS if we move in, kill the oil field workers, and claim it for ourselves? Wouldn't the right thing to do, be to wipe out ISIS and let the nation who owns the oil have their oil back?

Stealing already stolen property isn't how we do things.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wasnt this what Bush promised at the start of the Iraqi War ? I believe we were supposed to pay for the war using Iraqi oil ....
Of course it didnt happen and the Iraqi oil was sold to the Russians
Damn , I hate my recollections of history...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Perhaps Trump can get the Mexicans to fight our wars to reclaim the oil and get them to pay for it.

edit on 21-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps Trump can get the Mexicans to fight our wars to reclaim the oil and get them to pay for it.

They will be too busy saving to pay for the wall.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
So he likes OPO (other people's oil) and Trum p likes OPM (other people's money).

There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk — you get a good chunk out of it and it takes the risk."

SMH

When I heard this story driving home from work this morning, I couldn't help laughing. I wonder if the folks in the North Carolina audience he gave this nugget of wisdom to, stopped to think, "hmmm, does he mean my money?"

I wonder if Obama supporters think the same thing when he takes a vacation on other people's money every couple weeks at millions per vacation. Or squanders billions and gives checks to friends on OPM who then file bankruptcy the next day? Probably not because hypocrisy is a blind man's game.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Why do people continue to call this a war? Iraq didn't ask for help. The UN said leave it alone. The action was America's. It wasn't a war. It was an invasion. And now take their oil to pay for getting decimated against their will?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Let them keep the oil. I don't mind paying taxes for invasions with zero return, or my kids, or my grandchildren, or my great grandchildren......

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Profusion

Prior to the invasion of Iraq in 2003, oil in Iraq was fully nationalized. It belonged to the people of Iraq. Iraqi oil is now almost 100% privatized by Western Big Oil companies. The oil has already been stolen and Trump yet again proves what a moron he is.

So the Bush and Obama administrations have been busy doing the very thing they are hammering Trump for saying? Got a link for that story? I'd like to read it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So with all our history, they'll just let us walk in and take it because we use the UN?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
True. Hey maybe we should sue the japanese for damages to pearl harbor. Might as well try to get paid back by all those countries we helped as well while we are at it.

Japan paid reparations to 44 different nations including the US for WW2. Why should Iraq pay us for "liberation" though, unless their government officially requests it and agrees to a predetermined amount if we're successful?

That's a very different situation from what would be happening. If we went in we would just be pushing ISIS out so we can steal the oil instead. That's not liberation, that's oppression and theft.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
YEah except this time we dont need any troops because they need to pay us back for providing military services. We use the ICC and UN to get it.

Why? Where did they ever agree to pay us back? We "volunteered" our services.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

you do realize i was not being serious right? Anyway CHINA has taken most of Iraqi oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join