It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What if God was made up as a marketing tool like Cokes Santa Claus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok this is silly... Santa doesn't exist!

In fact in England 200 yrs ago, or so, Xmas revolved around entering large building with the rest of the UK and then getting s'h*t faced until they passed out, then waking up the next morning buried under someone who quite possible released all over you either by mouth or otherwise... That was Christmas 200 yr ago. fun fun fun!

Santa is European, always was always will be. before that he was just a nasty old man with issues.

Merry Xmas

edit on 9/21/2016 by awareness10 because: typos.. give me a freaking break lol

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeS80
I am not saying God is a marketing tool like Coca-Cola's Santa Claus, but what if someone did create God back in the day to sell thier wares, snakeoil, or tonic/elixer and someone took it litterally or came up with the bright idea to write a book on it for whatever the reason may be good or bad thus, we have the bible today? I mean, I can see it happening lol!

Look out, you are getting close to wondering if the ETs gave us religions as social guidelines for our budding civilizations.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
You can still fix it. There is no E in Santa Claus.
fixed it lol!

I noticed.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeS80

Not only God but also Satan. What better way to scare people into believing a particular religion or ideology? They've used it to control the masses, generate excessive money for preachers, justify wars and killings, and to keep people on the straight and narrow. I think people ignore the basic definition of "Faith."

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
And what about those millions of people who have experenced life after death, (NDE), or reincarnation, or actually met a spirit (dark or light)? I don't know maybe a billion or so of people?

How do you plan of convincing them that God is nothing more than a myth?

None of them ever claimed to have met God, as we understand it.
I have witnessed spirits, I know there is a spirit world. Like everything else though we got the translation wrong. You see that picture of God in the sistine chapel? Tell me if you think thats 'accurate'.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Reminds me of this:

this is great haha

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
dude, they are all made up.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And what about those millions of people who have experenced life after death, (NDE), or reincarnation, or actually met a spirit (dark or light)? I don't know maybe a billion or so of people?

Perhaps what people experience in NDEs is what they want to experience conciously or sub- conciously or maybe the people who believe that the light at the end of the tunnel is a trick to keep us here on this earth, are right or all of the above?!

As to how to convince people whom have had NDEs that God is false, you can't as you do not know if God is false or not with 100% accuracy and certainty, and that is the genious behind it!
edit on 09 10 2016 by MikeS80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think religion was initially created by primitive man to explain the unexplainable. As man evolved, someone along the way discovered that religion could be used to control and influence people.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's the tobacco 9 out of 10 mythical beings prefer.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I believe there is always some truth in a lie.

I could write a book on this subject but If anyone is really interested listen to lectures by your favorite philosopher or mine in regards to "Jesus" and "Christianity".

So many beliefs... so many stories.... and when it all boils down to the actual root you are left with faith in what you believe or don't believe.

Going out on a limb... I'd say Jesus portrayed in the Bible vs who he really was is soooo much more than we can even imagine. I believe he taught hermetics and lived many lives until he reached a state of at-one-ment. From Adam to Zoro to Hermes/Thoth... he finally finished what he started and that is the HIS-STORY ( man/human). The WORD is more powerful than we know or even realize. WORDS complete a sentence and bam... creation all over again with each word.

There was a "fall" from the Source some call "God". This "fall" was US getting stuck here on Earth, thus began the human journey on Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
I believe there is always some truth in a lie.

I could write a book on this subject but If anyone is really interested listen to lectures by your favorite philosopher or mine in regards to "Jesus" and "Christianity".

So many beliefs... so many stories.... and when it all boils down to the actual root you are left with faith in what you believe or don't believe.

Going out on a limb... I'd say Jesus portrayed in the Bible vs who he really was is soooo much more than we can even imagine. I believe he taught hermetics and lived many lives until he reached a state of at-one-ment. From Adam to Zoro to Hermes/Thoth... he finally finished what he started and that is the HIS-STORY ( man/human). The WORD is more powerful than we know or even realize. WORDS complete a sentence and bam... creation all over again with each word.

There was a "fall" from the Source some call "God". This "fall" was US getting stuck here on Earth, thus began the human journey on Earth.

That can be true....And that could be why new thought authors quote Jesus.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I am not saying God is a marketing tool like Coca-Cola's Santa Claus, but what if someone did create God back in the day to sell thier wares, snakeoil, or tonic/elixer and someone took it litterally or came up with the bright idea to write a book on it for whatever the reason may be good or bad thus, we have the bible today? I mean, I can see it happening lol!

Look out, you are getting close to wondering if the ETs gave us religions as social guidelines for our budding civilizations.
Not really!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Ok this is silly... Santa doesn't exist!

In fact in England 200 yrs ago, or so, Xmas revolved around entering large building with the rest of the UK and then getting s'h*t faced until they passed out, then waking up the next morning buried under someone who quite possible released all over you either by mouth or otherwise... That was Christmas 200 yr ago. fun fun fun!

Santa is European, always was always will be. before that he was just a nasty old man with issues.

Merry Xmas
What!!! Santa ain't real? Then whom has been eating the cookies and drinking the milk I left out for him? I am of course just kidding, or am I
?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

None of them ever claimed to have met God, as we understand it.
I have witnessed spirits, I know there is a spirit world. Like everything else though we got the translation wrong. You see that picture of God in the sistine chapel? Tell me if you think thats 'accurate'.
yes, nobody claimed to see God but they do claim to hear god, which to me is a little suspicious!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Reminds me of this:

this is great haha
That video is hilarious!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Reminds me of this:

this is great haha
That video is hilarious!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
G (Gold) O (Oil) D (Drugs). Saw someone reference this not long ago.
Good One! Prices for all three can be manipulated.

God spelled in reverse is spelled dog.

did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed up all night wondering if dogs are real...?

edit on 22-9-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
G (Gold) O (Oil) D (Drugs). Saw someone reference this not long ago.
Good One! Prices for all three can be manipulated.

God spelled in reverse is spelled dog.

did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed up all night wondering if dogs are real...?

Nope can't say I have.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join