It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors in Saskatchewan Call for State of Emergency for HIV Rates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, I have seen that. I used to hate Dicaprio back then but still liked the movie. Now his movies aren't as bad imo I know many will disagree lol.

Another good one which touches on drug culture and HIV is:

"Through a Blue Lense"

en.wikipedia.org...

I would link the YT vid but it might violate some T&C but the vid is easily found.

The documentary takes place in Vancouver but applies to what is happening down in Saskatchewan in several ways minus the obvious differences such as location and population density.

edit on 22-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

Why can't everyone be sexually considerate like me! LOL!

-Alee

You got me laughing so early in the morning.

You reminded me of several years back when I had started seeing a gentleman I had known for years. Our relationship started out very casual. He had told me he was seeing his doctor for his 6 month check-up and I thought nothing of it, he had had surgery a couple years before, and his doctor had him on a 6 month check-up schedule.

The following week he called me and invited me out to dinner. After dinner he handed me an envelope that contained his check-up results. I thought he wanted me to explain them to him. I was shocked when he told me he really gave me the results because he wanted me to see that he was HIV negative, and showed me the results from his six month check up from before.

I looked at him a bit strangely, I guess, because he quickly said I just wanted you to know. I laughed. I said does this mean that you want a letter from my doctor too? He said no, that he knew me too well, and he trusted me more than he trusted himself.

I thought to myself maybe this is something that people should do automatically when a relationship looks like it may move on to more intimate things.

Oh, and for the record and for those with curious minds, we are still very close "friends", no benefits.

edit on 22-9-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up. Spelling and gramatical corrections.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Before I end my post OP is right, not all these cases are drug users. One example is a husband cheating on his wife with sex trade workers, many of them are drawn to this line of "work" by drugs and they are part of the infection rate. Mr John brings HIV home to wifey, knocks her up, and all of a sudden she gives birth to twins with HIV...not all pregnancies result in HIV for the fetus but it is quite common. The stereotypes are there for a reason but it doesn't mean that they should always be applied.

I have seen many a case where this scenario holds true.

The worse in my experience was the wife that ended up dying a couple years after her husband that was a pastor. I never found out how many of his flock followed him to the great by and by, but he took his wife with him.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

gives an addicts eye view of the world of heroin addiction.

Comparable to Requiem for a Dream or "Gridlock'd" (a flick with 2pac and Tim Roth)?
edit on 22-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Thanks, haven't seen that one. Also, Sid and Nancy and Requiem For a Dream.

Again, heavy content warning. People that want to understand the drug culture, the down and dirty, devil may care drug culture...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks-- whoops, beat me to it on Requiem...

Haven't seen gridlock'd either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join