It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

T-R-U-M-P spells Bribery. Donations For YUGE Tax Breaks From Convicted Pay-To-Play Comptroller?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Donald Trump has bragged loudly and often about how he's rigged the system. With the largest Florida newspapers demanding an investigation into the Pam Bondi bribery scandal, emerging details of Trump illegaly using other people's charitable contributions to settle lawsuits and buy expensive paintings of himself to hang at his golf resort and elsewhere, news that his foundation's taxes were doctored to cover up the Bondi bribe and an ongoing criminal investigation by the NY AG — it seems that these fits of bragging might be among the rare instances where Trump wasn't lying.

Trump Won Tax Breaks While Donating Tens Of Thousands To Corrupt Official

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gave at least $45,000 to the campaign of Alan Hevesi, a New York state comptroller who later went to prison for his role in a pay-to-play bribery scandal, according to a Huffington Post review of campaign finance records.

Trump’s donations coincided with a $500 million lawsuit he filed against the city of New York in the hopes of reducing his property taxes. As the city comptroller and later the state comptroller, Hevesi, a Democrat, played a role in evaluating and settling legal claims against the city of New York and its officials.

The bulk of Trump’s donations went to Hevesi’s campaign for state comptroller, a race Hevesi won in the fall of 2002. In the fall of 2003, by which point Trump had given Hevesi $35,000, the city settled Trump’s lawsuit, a decision that would have involved both the state comptroller ― i.e., Hevesi ― and the new city comptroller.

The city reduced the tax assessment for Trump’s newest building by 17 percent and awarded the building a special tax abatement. In exchange, Trump agreed to subsidize 200 units of affordable housing in the Bronx. The settlement saved Trump $97 million in taxes he didn’t have to pay, he later wrote in Trump: How To Get Rich.

Trump had donated small amounts to Hevesi during the course of Hevesi’s decades-long career as an assemblyman and a comptroller. But the tens of thousands of dollars Trump gave between July 2002 and January 2004 had no precedent, and no postscript. According to finance records, after 2004, Trump never gave to Hevesi again.

$97 million for subsidizing 200 low rent apartments? Damn bro, that's a sweeeeet deal.

BUT WAIT! IT GETS WORSE!

In this narrow window where Trump was dumping tens of thousands on this particular scumbag and getting favorable decisions in return, Hevisi was also taking money from Elliott Broidy, the founder and CEO of a private equity firm called Markstone Capital Partners. While accepting upwards of $1 million in overseas travel, campaign donations ($126,800 in total from Broidy) and other benefits received through Hevesi for himself and his cohorts, the corrupt comptroller was giving Broidy access to the New York State Common Pension Fund, one of the largest in the country ($125 billion).

Both men pleaded guilty. Due to being filthy stinking rich and politically connected (sound familiar?), the judge let Broidy plea down to a misdemeanor and completely avoid jail time.

Not only do they bribe the same people, like Donald Trump, Mr. Broidy knows some world leaders too! source - WSJ

NOPE, NOT DONE.

Does the name Elliot Broidy sound familiar to any of you? Well it should. Broidy is a past finance committee Chairman for the RNC, finance Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Republican Jewish Coalition and is currently...

(drumroll)

VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE TRUMP VICTORY FUND!

edit on 2016-9-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sleazy, shady ratbag.

How people trust him is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

bull chit
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I have no friggin idea. Maybe it's advanced NLP voodoo like the Dilbert cartoonist contends. It seems that if he ends a statement with "believe me" it becomes indelibly recorded.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If you ever saw back to school, Rodney Dangerfield's character of Thornton Melon? He was in the business class, and the conversation went like this:

Thornton Melon: Oh, you left out a bunch of stuff.

Dr. Phillip Barbay: Oh really? Like what for instance?

Thornton Melon: First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.

Dr. Phillip Barbay: That will be quite enough, Mr. Melon! Maybe bribes, kickbacks and Mafia payoffs are how YOU do business! But they are NOT part of the legitimate business world! And they are certainly not part of anything I am doing in this class. Do I make myself clear, Mr. Melon!

Dr. Phillip Barbay: ...now, not withstanding Mr. Mellon's input. The next question for us is where to build our factory?

Thornton Melon: how 'bout fantasyland?

If you never paid to play, do you know where people are paying to play? Do you know what to look for and how to stop it?

I am guessing the answer to that is, NO.

So Trump has paid to play the game. So he knows where and why you do it. Therefore, he knows where to stop it.

Hillary is one of the people that you have to PAY to play. Therefore, she is part of the problem.

She and her ilk are the disease and Trump is the cure.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

So Trump has paid to play the game. So he knows where and why you do it. Therefore, he knows where to stop it.

That totally explains why a guy who was convicted for bribing the same politician as Trump is a vice chair of the Trump Victory Fund (Trump Victory Committee)!

How could I have been so blind?

I'm sure he's only surrounded himself with similiarly reformed cronies — cronies who realizing the error of their ways (not doing a day in jail can do that for you!), have decided to repay their tremendous debts to society by ridding DC of all of their closest friends and acquaintances.

Seems legit.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Won't get fooled...
(Oh, wait. Not enough videos in this thread.)
Again.
Turn it up to 11! I think there is something wrong with that drummer. The kid just ain't right.

edit on 9/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I keep forgetting that the all the best OPs include YouTube videos! One of these days I'm going to get the hang of this.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How long did he subsidize the 200 housing units for? As usual it seems you found a hit piece and ran with it without really looking into anything.
This is the program Trump was allowed tax breaks under. No, it wasn't exclusive for just him.
This is the realistic annual subsidy in terms of year 2000 dollars.

Perhaps most strikingly, for some Amsterdam tenants the new development offers something none had ever imagined: a chance to move up simply by crossing the street. In exchange for tax benefits and other government-sponsored financing perks, Mr. Trump and the other developers have offered hundreds of apartments to low-income renters throughout the city at huge discounts. Such programs have gained popularity across the country, as the federal government has turned away from subsidizing new public housing. The results on the booming West Side are especially dramatic: A one-bedroom unit in the new Tishman Speyer building that would normally rent for $2,800 a month, for example, is available at just $465.

Carry the one...divide by.....umm, oh got it!$5,604,000 per year in subsidies.

Nice try.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I find it patronizing when a sales person pushes their agenda on me like they are some smooth operator and unbeknownst to me I play along. It's condescending. I hate Trump, I hate the current state of affairs. And most of all, I hate when just because I speak ill of Hillary I'm a Trump supporter.

She is the agenda pusher for TPTB. Trump kind of is in a more honest way.

If I go to a car sales person and they openly talk about how broken the process of buying cars is while exposing their angle, I kind of like it.

When a cars sales person thinks I'm a slug they can sell salt to... I'll politely make it a mission to F*** them over for belittling me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump kind of is in a more honest way.

Don't be fooled. Again.
Telling you what you want to hear is not being honest.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You must have missed the part where I said I hate Trump and went further to say I'm disgusted in the current state of affairs.

Make no mistake, I have not heard a thing I want to.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You said Trump is "more honest."
No?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

He's been pretty honest on the topics that would disgust most people.

He has donated to most politicians on either side of the isle (so long as he thinks they may win), then calls in his favors.

He exploits loopholes set up by lobbyists with no shame.

These are things we could debate on for both candidates, the difference is I obviously am sinister about this and hate both sides. Whereas you take partisanship like there is actually a good and evil party.

Spoiler alert, the main agenda of corporations see no threat as MSM and polarization of our country are effective beyond their original predictions.

Womp womp.
edit on 21-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

Edit : strike me down all you want, you have an advantage on your high horse. Just know that horse will die before either candidate finishes their term, I pray you'll survive your fall.
edit on 21-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
until something more concrete comes out, im going to go with more nonsense crap from the clinton media

oh yeah, you forgot to add Trump Campaigns denial to the allegations:

"There was not, and could not be, any intent or motive for the Trump Foundation to make improper payments. All contributions are reported to the IRS, and all Foundation donations are publicly disclosed," Jason Miller, senior communications director, stated. "Mr. Trump is generous both with his money and with his time. He has provided millions of dollars to fund his Foundation and a multitude of other charitable causes."

"In typical Washington Post fashion, they've gotten their facts wrong. It is the Clinton Foundation that is set up to make sure the Clintons personally enrich themselves by selling access and trading political favors," added Miller. "The Trump Foundation has no paid board, no management fees, no rent or overhead, and no family members on its payroll."

..... tell me, if his Taxes were so altered and wrong, why hasn't the IRS or anyone inside the democratic government said anything ?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

He says things that confirm what his audience wants to hear while reinforcing that audience's fears. That isn't honest, it's populist.

edit on 9/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

And the woman for human rights accepting money from Saudia Arabia (Foundation) and giving them the best weapons on earth in return to use on their people as one of the biggest human rights violators is a beacon of morality. Give me a break, act like you read most of this website.

News flash, we have a mess. If you want to show your logic on a lesser of two evils, than go work for CNN.

Don't sit here and patronize me after I said everything I logically could to show I don't support your opponent.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Don't sit here and patronize me after I said everything I logically could to show I don't support your opponent.

Who is my opponent?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He says things that confirm what his audience wants to hear while reinforcing that audience's fears. That isn't honest, it's populist.

Russians, inequality, health care, alt right, bigots, environment.

Preach to me about pandering again when I've openly blasted both sides. Yours is no different, it just feeds off your fears, sound familiar? Everyone's getting played.

Only difference between me and you is you picked a side.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Despite you not linking the source article at the WSJ (shame on you), I found it here. That's article was updated last on what date?

Updated Oct. 9, 2000 12:01 a.m. ET

Guess when the lawsuit in question was FILED?

November of 2002

DUN DUN DUN....

Want to guess when it was settled?

As usual it seems you found a hit piece and ran with it without really looking into anything.

As usual you drop in with some would be gotcha and end up with egg on your face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join