It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests erupt after man killed in officer-involved shooting in Charlotte

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: JinMI

So we've got the gas shortage in GA and NC, the Native Americans with the land issue, bombs going off in NJ and NY, and now this insanity also in NC...and all manner of shenanigans and assorted whatnot internationally. Yep, business as usual, nothing to see here folks...oh looky here...is that another spoonful of dirt from wikileaks?? Gotta run, toodles!

Good call.
Lots of chaos in hopes of people not noticing the latest WikiLeaks documents of Huma celebrating by naming Hillary as an acting agent for the Muslim Brotherhood 3 days after her Benghazi US death sacrifices.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This scenario reminds me of the Vancouver Canucks in 2011 (hockey)
forgive me Jin for derailing i was just analyzing the scenario.

edit on 9/21/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Let me guess.....he dindu nuffin

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Well I guess we'll have riots in NC now. I never understood how robbing and burning down your own neighborhood benefited people. It seems blatantly counter productive. Maybe these protestors won't be like the ones in Ferguson or Baltimore.

Yup they trash there homes up.

Then bitch and wine they live in a crap hole and want gobberment hand outs to fix it

You cant make it up!

Its why i have no sympathy any more for the mainstream black community.

They need to grow the F up and maybe then their lifes will improve.
edit on 21-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

If there was to be any sort of healthy message, acts like these certainly obfuscate it to null.

Yeah - which is sad really -- 'cause it destroys any/all positive outcome that can come out of a peaceful protest. Rioting just serves to hurt the innocent and place the spotlight on the bad behavior, nullifying the good. Something needs to be done about dicey cop shootings certainly--but this bad behavior will accomplish nothing but generate more animosity.

And now this is in my backyard. Charlotte has some pretty powerful heavy hitters HQ here - NFL -Panthers/Cam Newton/Nascar/BofA/ Duke Power -- just to name a few -- I cannot see those PTB just letting this situation disintegrate into another Ferguson -- too much at stake. Just hope it doesn't prompt another Dallas God forbid.

Going to stop now & catch the local news on tv. Be back later.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

he dindu muffins nuffins or puffins... this sounds like an updated version of Dr. Seuss

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Is this the same Charlotte that Governor McCrory is getting heat over, and certainly losing his re-election bid over, because of the infamous "bathroom bill"?

Could a little incited civil unrest make Charlotte's Mayor reconsider his demand to repeal their city ordinance? I wouldn't be surprised!

edit on 21-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Awful lot of messy strange things going on RIGHT BEFORE ELECTION TIME! Hhmmmm🤔

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The guy was on PCP and got out of the car brandishing a weapon. Not surprisingly he was shot.

Whenever some idiot scumbag gets shot by police all these areseholes jump out of the woodwork and start rioting and burning #.

These animals need to develop some class and act like civilised people if they want their quality of life to improve. It has nothing to do with the police. The whole issue is manufactured horse # and a fantasy of the troublemaking elements that control the # holes where this kind of public disorder nonsense always starts.

The problem isn't the police, it's hostile violent black criminals with a false sense of entitlement.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yet again the news bombards us with speculation on the situation and presented as facts.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

The guy was on PCP and got out of the car brandishing a weapon. Not surprisingly he was shot.

PCP? Do you have a source for that?

This story sure has changed since last night. Last night, he was an unarmed father of 4, waiting for his son outside his apartment building, reading a book.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What are we being distracted from? Or is this because we've all started getting too buddy buddy again?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Let me clear something up for everyone. Any time there is a peaceful protests, or an invitation to the Whitehouse, or anything else otherwise good and positive, that is BLM.

As soon as the protest turns violent, and looting and pillaging starts, then its not BLM!

That is what we are led to believe. If a person says they are in BLM, and then does something bad, they were not in BLM. Don't you see that?

All joking aside, lets assume for a moment that none of the violent people are BLM. Is it not becoming obvious that violent thugs follow around BLM and cause violence in the wake of their appearances? Shouldn't BLM take more measures to make sure this doesn't happen?

As far as the person who was shot that caused this, I will wait for more facts to come out until I make a judgement. I do not see how these acts of violence make things better though.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They are doing soooo well at propagating the stereotypes they claim are so wrong and racist. Whenever there is a whisper of a protest or riot off they go wrecking the very area they live in thieving and looting....'owt for nowt as my gran used to say. Except I doubt if the majority of the actual rioters live there....I was informed months ago that BLM bus people in to where possible protests emerge and escalate it into a full riot. No idea if that's true or not but its not beyond the realms of possibility

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
They are doing soooo well at propagating the stereotypes they claim are so wrong and racist. Whenever there is a whisper of a protest or riot off they go wrecking the very area they live in thieving and looting....'owt for nowt as my gran used to say. Except I doubt if the majority of the actual rioters live there....I was informed months ago that BLM bus people in to where possible protests emerge and escalate it into a full riot. No idea if that's true or not but its not beyond the realms of possibility

You are right, often times these looters are not from the area.

I feel bad for the people that live in the community of all colors. I feel bad for the police that are attacked and demonized in this rush to judgement.

I especially feel bad for the family of the man that was shot, regardless of rather he was innocent or not. No matter how bad of a person he may or may not have been, this family still lost a father and brother, and that is terrible.

The most disgusting thing is that the media, BLM, Obama, and everyone else that wants to politicize events like this don't care at all for this family or the people that live in this area. They want to stoke the flames, spread their narrative, and if that means another group of poor inner city people lose their homes and businesses, so be it.

BLM, Obama and other politicians, and especially the media have been pushing these stories on us non stop now for four years. The facts don't matter (hands up don't shoot) only the narrative.

What is even crazier is that the same people that tell us not to rush to judgement when there may be an incident of Islamic terrorism are the ones that are quick to broadcast any time a black person is shot by the police. They don't wait for facts to see if the black person was armed or if the shooting was justified, they just put it out their and watch the civil unrest ensue.

These groups may feel like they are achieving their agenda, but I hope someday karma catches up to them and they are held responsible for the blood on their hands.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't worry. Once Hillary talks to white people then everything is going to be fine. /sarcasm

Things are going to get a lot worse, it's just a question of how bad things will get, and how long it takes them to get there.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I feel for the victims, and have great sympathy for the families. That being said, in almost every case, the victims don't seem to comply with LEO verbal commands. The victims always seem to ignore, or reach for something (in this case supposedly a book? why reach for a book?) Logic would tell you, especially in this tense current environment, to comply. I know I would. And I'm an older white male.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

In this case, the police officer was a plain clothed, undercover officer. That can get confusing, I would imagine, under the best of situations.

edit on 21-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UnBreakable

In this case, the police officer was a plain clothed, undercover officer. That can get confusing, I would imagine, under the best of situations.

I wonder how we would look at this scenario if it was a plain-clothes undercover cop and the man that was killed was a legally-carrying individual who thought his life was in danger.

At what point is someone justified in protecting themselves, even if it is an undercover cop?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Plain clothed and undercover are two different things.

The plainclothes officer was wearing a vest that has markings, and there were uniformed officers with him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join