It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is my personal Mandela Effect experience. No scientific evidence here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
March of this year, I clicked on this site when the number one thread here was the mandala effect. And the first thing quoted had to do with the name of the bear family book series. Now Berenstain. Used to be Berenstein. As a 30 year teacher of young kids, I have no doubt it was Berenstein. And then I read a Canadian newspaper interview with the Berenstein writers parents' child saying it was always Berenstain.

The problem for me is that I know it was Berenstein. 30 years of seeing Berenstein on those books.

I saw the world map over and over for 30 years, and I have no doubt South America and Australia were somewhere else than where they were in my former world.

I plugged in my young child address into google maps, and it has moved significantly.

I am in a new world. I used to be some place else.

But when we die, we move to a new world, so this might help me adjust to the idea of moving to somewhere very different.

This is so far down the rabbit hole, I totally get why most of you would rather look elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The bears is super weird - people chalk it up to bad memory but people even associated things with it , like the father acting kinda weird and drunk at times, so stein.

I remember it berenstein and I really can't be convinced otherwise

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well yes a lot of us remember it as Bernstein not stain. As for the maps. Only New Zealand moved for me but I've decided I might have confused it with New Guinea or I had a teacher who just taught it wrong in the first place.

I think as far as childhood memories go we often think we are dead right when we were in fact wrong. I notice my own kids have some super messed up memories! Sometimes I just let my son believe he's right when his memory seems so precious to him. I let it go and he's so opinionated there's no use arguing with him, but he's so wrong!

I've looked at my childhood home on google earth and it's strange. It has the tiniest front garden when to me it was a massive play area! I was small though, so it must have just seemed big to me. One of my childhood homes is gone, can't even tell where it might have been. Huge parking lot, I guess it got knocked down or something. Too bad as that was the one home I really needed to see again. Looked at another home, it's extra tall and weird looking.
edit on 20-9-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Very fascinating, indeed.

For me it was always spelled "Berenstain" but they weren't bears. They were boars. The series was called the Berenstain Boars. I distinctly remember them being boars. Papa Boar's favorite food was roots and bulbs.

Does anyone else remember them being the Berenstain Boars?

I hope I am not alone in this reality I've discovered myself in...

That isn't the only ME I have either.

For example.. a small island continent called Frisland apparently doesn't exist here. I did find some residual evidence of it though, on maps.

Does anyone else remember this place?

I visited once, it was really nice. Cold, but nice. Wonderful people.

S&F

edit on 9-21-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Troll time.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I've seen Frisland on maps. It's non existent in this timeline though. Here, they refer to it as a "phantom island". It wasn't so "phantom" in my timeline.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Interesting. I wonder if in this reality something catastrophic happened to it in the past. Similar to what some believe happened to Atlantis. I wonder what happened different, in my old reality, to preserve the island nation.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure. All the sites, in this timeline, say it was either a fictional island or a bad representation of Iceland. No mention of it being destroyed by anything.

I remember going there on my honeymoon. It was a great place. Beer was always cold and the food was always hot.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
It was a great place. Beer was always cold and the food was always hot.

They brew a mean double IPA known as the Drunken Doppelgänger.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I don't remember trying that one. The one I enjoyed was called Deja Vu. It was quite sweet and it reminded me of something else, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Wow. You don't understand what a relief it is to find someone else who not only remembers Frisland, but also was there, physically. It's wonderful to reminisce and think about my brief time there. But it's also kind of painful to be out of place here, and to know that it doesn't exist here.

We really need to learn more about the Mandela Effect and how it works. A lot of stuff here is "the same" but it's really not. My family here is not technically my family. My friends here are not technically my friends here. They're the friends and family of whoever was here before me.

Is that still me? A different version? Are we connected?

Has the "me" from this reality gone to my original reality?

I'm sure, if that's the case, his mind is just as blown.

And what of the people of Frisland?

This is scary though, at the end of the day. I would really like to understand how the Mandela Effect works. Maybe once we begin to understand it, those of us who came from elsewhere can begin to discover ways to get back...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I feel exactly the same as you. Everyone I know aren't the people I know, but the people the other me, from this timeline, knew. When I look in the mirror it feels like it's not me looking back. It's just this feeling I've got.

I feel sorry for the people of Frisland who don't exist in this timeline. What happened to the few thousand people?

I'd love to get back to my timeline. I just know I'll get back, some day.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I've been looking for more residual evidence, and I've found quite a bit. Mostly maps. But also some things that suggest there are others from our reality. Or at the very least, another reality where Frisland didn't cease to exist and is treated as a phantom. Check it out:

On the 6th of June, 8:00 pm, at the Benaroya Hall in Seattle, Ludovic Morlot will lead the Seattle Symphony Orchestra in the world première of Frisland, a symphonic work commissioned to Luís Tinoco as part of the Sonic Evolution project that celebrates the past and future of Seattle’s music scene.

tinocoluis.com...

I don't think anyone would compose music inspired by a fictional island nation. This is some sort of dedication, in my opinion. It's very solemn. Almost like a memory.

Very significant.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I know what I remember. Same as you.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Oh wow. Very nice find!

I wonder if there's more residual evidence of our timeline in this timeline?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This thing has taken on a life of it's own, sort of like Frankenstain's monster!

Weird world(s)!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
March of this year, I clicked on this site when the number one thread here was the mandala effect. And the first thing quoted had to do with the name of the bear family book series. Now Berenstain. Used to be Berenstein. As a 30 year teacher of young kids, I have no doubt it was Berenstein. And then I read a Canadian newspaper interview with the Berenstein writers parents' child saying it was always Berenstain.

The problem for me is that I know it was Berenstein. 30 years of seeing Berenstein on those books.

The problem for me is that I thought the same thing. Well, not 100% but I certainly thought I had remembered Berenstein. One day while clearing out one of my storage units about this time last year I ran across one of my old books. The author's name clearly was Berenstain.

I posted the photo in one of the Berenstein/stain threads at that time and received no theory from anyone as to how the name could have been changed on an old book that had been in locked storage for quite sometime.

I was left with no other option, for me, than to realize my memory had been 'faulty' or something but, either way, I had been wrong all of those years. I can't speak for anyone else's beliefs but this is my conclusion for now. I hope that you and other folks find the 'truth' for you.

I can't speak on the other topics in your OP.

There is a mystery in this as I type. The photo that I had posted last year has been removed. Odd, as I don't recall deleting it. I don't have a habit of deleting photos from ATS. As a matter of fact my gallery is quite full. So, who deleted it and why? Or is it a case that I'm not remembering doing it?

new topics

top topics

join