It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch Chapter 8

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
I'm not discounting his works. I'm merely pointing out that people exaggerate him.

I own Lost Keys of Freemasonry and The Secret Destiny of America for my personal library. My Lodge doesn't have a library, but we own copies in my Grand Lodge's Library.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
I'm not discounting his works. I'm merely pointing out that people exaggerate him.

I own Lost Keys of Freemasonry and The Secret Destiny of America for my personal library. My Lodge doesn't have a library, but we own copies in my Grand Lodge's Library.

How do people exaggerate him? In what ways?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Some try to make him sound like he was a Masonic leader or authority to speak on all Freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I have yet to talk to an ATS member who is a Freemason speak about Manly in a way that is pleasing. Meaning they don't seem to think highly of him. I don't understand why they aren't talking about him as a brother? The man contributed countless hours working toward the education and betterment of mankind. Outside of ATS I do find Freemasons who do think of him as a brother though and this to me shows respect for the seriousness of their movement in Freemasonry.

Here is what Gregg Scott ( A Freemason) had to say about Manly Hall.

Greg is a 3rd degree Master Mason, a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and a York Rite R :. A :. M :. and the author of the book Masonic Traveler and the ebook What is Freemasonry?.

Manly P. Hall, 33º Scottish Rite Freemason, raised November 22, 1954, passed to the celestial lodge 1990. Manly Hall is an icon of sorts to Freemasonry. His name and memory today are falling into some obscurity to many newer Freemasons, but his works remain important to the Masons education.

Writing several books on the subject of Freemasonry has put him in the realm of Albert Pike and W.L. Wilmshurst with his works: The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Masonic Orders of Fraternity, Freemasonry of the Ancient Egyptian, The Secret Destiny of America. This last text focused on his belief that our continent was set aside for a great experiment of enlightened self-government by ancient philosophers, and that the seeds of this plan for the founding of America were planted one thousand years before the Christian era and is partly revealed in the symbolism of the Great Seal of the United States. This same idea is tied to Francis Bacon's book "The New Atlantis" from 1624, of whom Manly had an intrest in. Manly P. Hall's legacy lives on in the Philosophical Research Society and in his writings. One of the great aspects of Hall is that his work transcended Freemasonry resonating with all of the ancient wisdom and thought including Rosicrucian’s, astrology, the Bible, Tarot, dreams, mysticism, Eastern and Western philosophy, religion, psychology, symbology, and reincarnation. Of any of the lessons we as Mason's can take away from him is to open our eyes and be aware of the depth and light that we have before us from ALL ages. Freemasonry is but one channel to that light, and thanks to Brother Hall, we have a new lens from which to view more.
masonictraveler.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You misunderstand us, or at least me. I enjoy his writings, but there's a difference between understanding his opinion and anti-Masons/non-Masons believing that his writings reflect all Freemasonry than that just his opinion. I hold no ill will against him, just from the misinterpretaions and misconceptions anti-Masons have taken from his work. He was an occultist and so the nature of his writings, even when writing about Freemasonry, is going to involve the occult. I nor any Mason here on ATS have denied him his just due and title of Brother.

Well, since you threw out Bro. Gregg's credentials, here are mine:

I'm a Past Master of two Lodges in Idaho, and I'm currently Worshipful Master-elect of another; Past Grand Orator of the Grand Lodge AF&AM of Idaho; Captain of the Host and Past High Priest of a Royal Arch Chapter; Right Excellent Grand Scribe (3rd in line) of the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Idaho; Past President of the Order of the High Priesthood of Idaho; Deputy Master and Past Illustrious Master for Idaho Council #1, Cryptic Masons; Illustrious Grand Conductor of the Council (5th in line) of the Grand Council of Cryptic Masons of Idaho; Thrice Illustrious Steward of the Order of the Silver Trowel in Idaho; Standard Bearer and Past Eminent Commander for Idaho Commandery #1, Knights Templar; recipient of the Knights Templar Cross of Honor; Eminent Grand Warder (10th in line) of the Grand Commandery of Knights Templar of Idaho; Sentinel of a Chapter of the Sovereign Order of Knights Preceptor; Chancellor (3rd in line) of a York Rite College; lifetime member of the Ohio Asylum of Research under the Grand Commandery of Ohio; Past Patron of a Chapterof the Order of the Eastern Star of Idaho; officer (32°) in a Chapter of Rose Croix of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction of the USA; Fellow of the Grand College of Rites, USA; Sentinel of a Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine; Director of Ceremonies of a Council of the Order of Knight Masons; Secretary of two Chapels and a Provincial Grand Cellarer of the Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon, USA; Orator of a Priory of the Knights of the York Cross of Honor; Vice Chieftain of Clan Davison of the Royal Order of Scotland; member of the Sovereign Grand Master's Council of the Allied Masonic Degrees for the United States of America; member of Ye Antient Order of the Corks; Right Honorable Keeper of the Bath Mat of the Masonic Order of the Bath of the United States of America; a Frater (IV°) in Wyoming College of the Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis (SRICF); and member of a Court of the Masonic Order of Athelstan.

edit on 29-9-2016 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

The start of the distraction, the foundation of feeding these (insert being here) feeding off of us.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

He was an occultist and so the nature of his writings, even when writing about Freemasonry, is going to involve the occult.

From all of my years of studying him and his works I will have to disagree. He was facinated by occult philosophy not an actual "occultist". His knowledge was inconceivable to the average man. I would say he was a "Christian Mystic" if I were to label him. Some say he was a member of the "Rosicrucian Fellowship" which pretty much describes a Mystic who also believes in Christ.

Your credentials are impressive!!!!! I see among many you have Knights Templar on the list of accomplishments. Are they mostly if not all Christians?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
From all of my years of studying him and his works I will have to disagree. He was facinated by occult philosophy not an actual "occultist". His knowledge was inconceivable to the average man. I would say he was a "Christian Mystic" if I were to label him. Some say he was a member of the "Rosicrucian Fellowship" which pretty much describes a Mystic who also believes in Christ.

Ok. I'd say the two don't have to be divorced from each other.

Your credentials are impressive!!!!!

Thank you. I stay busy.

I see among many you have Knights Templar on the list of accomplishments. Are they mostly if not all Christians?

I am. Most are Christian in the Knights Templar, but I know a few Sir Knights who are not Christian.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

wow i'm glad that's still not going on today, oh wait, nm.

back then it would have been hell, I don't want to imagine it anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

The secret stuff is easy to explain. The 3 degrees are initiatory in nature. To fully appreciate them, one should experience them. That being said, if an initiate were to read the "script" of a degree, that very well may take away from the experience of it. The main secrets in Freemasonry are the dramatic degrees, and means of identifying another Mason. There are many good books and podcasts that are free, and discuss much of what Freemasonry is, and is meant to be. Many of them are free.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join