It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Victims have the Right to be Heard... Unless its against my Narrative!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who can forget Hillary Clinton claiming that all victims of sexual assault deserve to be heard?

"Today I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault," Clinton said. "Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed and we're with you."

"There is a big divide between survivors who do not want to seek the criminal justice system for different reasons and those who want to but are not sure that it would be responsive," Clinton said today. "So we need to do a much better job on the fairness of the response so that people feel like whichever route they go on campus or off they're going to be taken seriously, that doesn't mean that, you know, that there's no process. There has to be one."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

This has been a big concern for many people on the left.

Numbers such as 1 in 5 women being raped on college campuses in the US have become mantras for feminists on campuses, and many people think that colleges in particular and the US in general is a rape culture.

The left takes rape very seriously and even when its a hoax there must be truth in it.

Rolling Stone Got Jackie’s Story Wrong, But That Doesn’t Make It A Hoax

www.huffingtonpost.com...

We live in a rape culture, and all victims of sexual violence deserve to be heard!!!!!

Unless........

Thats right, unless it goes against their narrative! If you are a woman and you have the misfortune to get raped by a nonwhite person, then know your privledge and keep your mouth shut.

Take the case of Nate Parker. Nate is a man (uh oh) who was an athlete (UH OH) and is a black man that is staring in a new movie about whites mistreatment of blacks called Birth of a Nation (oh thank god). Therefore, he must be a good guy. I mean, he is advancing a progressive agenda. And so, instead of being demonized like the Duke Lacrosse people even after they were found innocent, Parker is celebrated. In fact, his accuser must have been a racist!

www.bet.com...

What about Hollywood, they are moral bastions of the left? Surely they would take rape seriously. But there was a mass movement to not arrest Roman Polanski after he fled the country for thirty years to avoid a trial for drugging and anally raping a thirteen year old girl. Doesn't that girl no how talented Roman is? Besides, he is a good liberal, so she needs to just get over it.

Here is a list of over 200 people in Hollywood that have officially supported Polanski. www.popcrunch.com...

Here is what noted feminist Whoopi Goldberg thinks (hint; when your a great celebrity progressive, it can't be "rape rape")

Well surely if a little girl was sexually assaulted, the left would make no excuses fo the attackers. But thats what happened in Idaho. A five year old girl with disabilities was sexually assaulted by three young boys, but the left wants to let us know its not that bad. See, the perpetrators were Muslim Immigrants, so they have to be good people! Surely that 5 year old must be have been mistaken, after all she is disabled.

www.slate.com...

Notice how this article attacks the bigotted family and friends of that five yeaar old. And what does the title of the piece tell us, "A sexual assault case involving refugee children in Idaho. A microcosm of America in the age of Trump." See the perpetrators are good people, Trump is the one who is evil!

Ok, last example. Surely if thousands of women were raped at a frat or something, that would be an outrage to the left and they would demand justice. And if the police force or politicians tried to cover up that story, they would go bananas! Surely they would support one of the women who had been attacked discussing this abuse and its cover up, right.

Well, not if the perpetrators were Muslim! Thats just their culture. If you are one of these women, you need to understand that it would be racist of you to complain. After all you have more privilege than them.

Take this story, The Guardians US division is attacking Donald Trump Jr. (ooohh that evil family) for retweeting a story by a "rape hoaxer" that discussed being attacked by Muslims in Europe.

The paper’s U.S. election live blog said of the article: “What Donald Trump Jr is tweeting here would very comfortably appear in the feeds of the white nationalist accounts he approvingly retweets”. Author Tom McCarthy adds: “The Breitbart story [sic: it is an op-ed], a tourist’s out-of-nowhere description of a made-up gang-rape epidemic in Europe, is not only openly, wildy racist, describing a continental crisis of white European women under assault by “Middle Eastern-looking men” – the racist Breitbart piece is also breathtakingly unhinged from reality”.

See, they know this woman is lying, because Muslims wouldn't do that. Now the UVA rape, the Duke LaCrosse rape, the Tawana Brawley rape, these deserved to be believed because they were committed by privileged foaming at the mouth white men.

Lets dive further into the article shall we.

The Guardian’s UK outlet, which also serves as the HQ for the group, has written extensively on the Rotherham rape scandal which saw at least 1,400, predominantly white, working class girls groomed and raped by mostly Pakistani, Muslim men.

One headline on the Guardian from February 2016 reads: “Child sex abuse in Rotherham: ‘I was treated as a criminal … never as a victim'” – the same approach the Guardian U.S. has sought to take with Anne Marie Waters, today.

www.breitbart.com...

See the Guardian knows that these rapes happen, but they feel Ms. Waters should have the good sense as a white woman to know that telling her story would be racist.

So what is the lesson. The US is a rape culture, and non progressives here are raping people at a record pace. All places or people that are part of the progressive umbrella can never rape.

See, its simple. Just like other progressive causes.

Progressives can't be racist, all others are always racist. Progressives can't be sexist, all others are.

I get physically ill watching these people gleefully apply their double standards.

Oh and Bill Clinton. Nuff said.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is something Clinton's liberal supporters have been conveniently ignoring for years.

edit on 20-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Liberals have been pushing 'rape culture' for years under the guise of misleading statistics.

Here's the thing with liberals; they have an umbrella that caters to every minority but when two minorities clash they are silent. When was the last time you heard a liberal condemn the religious Muslim teachings on gender? They don't.

This 'cater to minorities for their vote' was exposed with the leaked memo on how they are to handle the BLM movement.

If liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have standards.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Oh and Bill Clinton. Nuff said.

How about Donald Trump? Settled that suit for groping didn't he? Flew to the same "sex-slave island" of Jeffrey Epstein's that Bill did, right? Hired Roger "Bill Cosby" Ailes right? Had the "You cannot rape your spouse." lawyer?

Speaking of which, Bill Cosby sure hasn't gotten any of this minority protection did he? (or wait, it's "progressive privilege" you're suggesting? Good thing we don't believe in that sorta thing 'round here! Groups having privileges... pffft!)

The fact is there are hardly any better subjects for political rhetoric and propaganda than rape and children. When Donald Trump wanted to get in some fearmongering and demonize illegal aliens from Mexico, what did he start with?

"They're rapists"

When I want to demonize Donald Trump what do I say?

"He eats babies"

It's a difficult topic to navigate. We should all be aware of the role rape can play in manipulating public opinion and also how false accusations are used to destroy lives and extort money. On the other hand, how horrible is it when victims of sexual assaults are ignored, dismissed, called liars, smeared or are too ashamed or fearful of retaliation or undue public scrutiny and possible shaming to come forward?

There's plenty of disingenuity and hypocrisy across the political spectrum.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I had never viewed the footage of Goldberg and her
feigned defense of this rapist.

It is not surprising, yet nonetheless vile and disgusting.
Hollywood is an agency controlled culture, it's main purpose
is to control the narrative at the time of the "establishment".

All of their so called "causes" can be proven to be faked.
And not at all surprising without much defection they all
support and prop up their chosen candidate, in which
this election it is "queen" Hillary. She must take the prize
for bedeviled as she not only follows the Hollywood narrative,
she actually defended a rapist, and then went on to laugh
about it.

edit on 20-9-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Right and the Conservatives are such upstanding and respectable pillars of the community. They never have double standards, live lives of hypocrisy, get convicted of criminal acts, bribe, molestation, adultery, drugs, etc.

Who exactly do you think you're talking to when you try and push such BS???

Do you really think the people here at ATS of all places would buy that kind of false narrative???

Or are you just planning on telling that lie enough times in the hopes that it will magically become true??

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Stuff like this is what makes me PRAY every night that Hillary is plauged with physical illness, pain and missery. Its what makes me WILL to God itself that she dies...soon.

She is a portion of hell that needs to be returned there.

I hope she doesnt live very long.

edit on 9 20 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah, the progressives really gave Trump a pass, didn't they? Progressives like Hillary and their ilk are the ones that say all victims deserve to be heard, and they were willing to listen to Trumps victims. Heck, one major paper, I think it was the New York times ran a story about how bad Trump treated women, only to have the women mentioned come out and say it wasn't true.

Bill cosby left the club. He started preaching about personal responsibility in the black community, and to stop blaming white people. This is the biggest sin, going against the progressive narrative. And so now he can be vilified. (btw, I think he is probably a scum bag rapist so I don't feel bad for him, but it still shows the double standard).

Remember, you only get special victim hood status if first and foremost you follow the narrative. If you are a gay black transgendered Muslim who wants to vote for Trump, then you are garbage to the progressives.

The left in my mind is worse on the issue, because as always they claim the moral high ground and speak in absolutes. Victims must always be listened too, but if they accuse Muslims, then we will victim shame them. However, its not right to victim shame Tawana Brawley, or the Duke Lacrosse lady, etc.

Where have you seen people on the right doing this, saying that all rape victims must be heard, except ones that go against are narrative? I am sure it exists but not as prevalent or predominant as it does with progressives.

This is indicative of the constant hypocrisy of the progressives. You can never make skin color jokes, unless you do it to a conservative, you can never disparage women, unless its Palin or Coulter, you can never make rape jokes, unless its against Donald Trump. Heck just today, you can't compare people to candy, unless you are feminists saying comparing men and rapists to m & m's.

www.breitbart.com...

And all the while they tell everyone how morally superior they are.

And I know rape is a difficult issue. We have to allow people to be innocent until proven guilty, but also must make people feel comfortable in reporting cases. But don't speak in absolutes like progressives do. They speak of the US being a rape culture with absolute certainty, yet have the gall to call women who claim they were assaulted by Muslims hoaxers.

I will chose to take all women seriously who claim to be victims of this unless striking evidence arises to contradict their claim (see UVA case), while also allowing our justice system to give the accused a fair trail, as opposed to choosing who to believe based on if their political ideology lines up with mine.

Lets just be honest then. These progressives do not car about women, or minorities, or any other group. They care about their narrative first and foremost, and no matter what minority status you have, if you go against that narrative, you are no longer in their club.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Women aren't a minority. In the US they slightly outnumber men. It's interesting how many "conservatives" for all their talk still think of women as a "minority group."

This 'cater to minorities for their vote' was exposed with the leaked memo on how they are to handle the BLM movement.

Of course. Conservatives don't use identity politics! They have REAL standards. Which is why Trump hired Roger Ailes a man who possibly more than any other has been molding the "conservative" brand for the last two decades who happens to be a repugnant scoundrel who has sexually harassed, retaliated against and assaulted women going back to the 60's. At this point he's got more victims who have come foward than Bill Cosby.

So yeah, tell me another one.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I love you man!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The left in my mind is worse on the issue, because as always they claim the moral high ground and speak in absolutes.

Ya. You mean exactly like what you're doing RIGHT NOW IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Tell me, how does the irony escape you???

Lets just be honest then. These progressives do not car about women, or minorities, or any other group. They care about their narrative first and foremost, and no matter what minority status you have, if you go against that narrative, you are no longer in their club.

That's what you call being honest is it???

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You had me with Hicks. Then, you captured my heart

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If George bush had played hide the cigar with one of his female subordinates, feminists would have never stopped demanding his head on a platter.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Women aren't a minority. In the US they slightly outnumber men. It's interesting how many "conservatives" for all their talk still think of women as a "minority group."

But the left is the ones that give them victim status, despite the fact that they are the majority. Every one is in a group that its either an oppressor, or oppressed according to progressives.

Oppressor / Oppressed
White / non white
man / woman
straight / non straight
cis gendered / non cis gendered
abled / disabled
Christian / non christian
native / foreign
wealthy / poor

This is the entire world view of progressives. Its all black and white. They are the ones spreading the idea that women are minorities or oppressed, in every situation.

So from that, we live in a patriarchy, its a rape culture, women are paid less, being feminine is good, masculine is bad, jobs without a lot of women need more women, jobs without a lot of men do not need more men, and so forth.

this despite the fact that schools are setup to favor girls at all levels, and girls are way out performing boys.

www.cbsnews.com...

Rapes are at all time lows and declining.

www.aei.org...
More men are raped in the US than women.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Young women out earn men in the same jobs.

www.theguardian.com...

And so forth. Despite this, to listen to Hillary and other progressives, you would think this country is devastating for women. Yet at the same time, they will spit on the rape victims that I outline in my original post.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ghostrager

Right and the Conservatives are such upstanding and respectable pillars of the community. They never have double standards, live lives of hypocrisy, get convicted of criminal acts, bribe, molestation, adultery, drugs, etc.

Who exactly do you think you're talking to when you try and push such BS???

Do you really think the people here at ATS of all places would buy that kind of false narrative???

Or are you just planning on telling that lie enough times in the hopes that it will magically become true??

Apologies, where exactly did you find the notion that I'm 'right and conservative'?! Or dId you bring it up as a scapegoat to the issues I mentioned?

Maybe it was it because I pointed out obvious flaws in liberal idealogies and you felt a need to defend those.

Food for thought - Why is it that the majority of LGBT and the majority of Muslims vote democratic when their fundamental beliefs are contradicting?

The liberal agenda is to collect minority votes while juggling inter-minority conflict in order to maintain political power.

So yes, double standards are the only standard for the left. For no other reason than political survival.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Ya. You mean exactly like what you're doing RIGHT NOW IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Tell me, how does the irony escape you???

It does not escape me. I should have said some on the left. But the point is true, it is part of the progressive platform to take all sexuall assualt victims at their word, until it isn't convenient for its narrative.

If this is not the case, why do progressives harp on and on about the rape culture in the US, yet refuse to address this culture in Muslim countries.

Why did people on the left demand that the media in Germany hide the fact that thousands of women were sexually assaulted, and why didn't progressives in this country get outraged over it? Why are progressive outlets claiming that this proven assaults are racists myths, and calling these victims hoaxers? Why hasn't Hillary or Obama discussed this epidemic?

Why were 1400 girls allowed to be sexually assaulted for 16 years in Rotherham England because progressive said it would be racist to accuse Muslims of this? And why do progressive outlets now have the nerve to call bringing up these situations racists and hoaxes?

www.channel4.com...

None of this is worth mention though to the progressives in power, it is all just racism if you bring it up. If they really cared about women, why do they belittle all of the pain these women went through?

That's what you call being honest is it???

You tell me. Go through all of the links I posted. Why are these stories treated differently than when white males are the accussed? Why did progressives jump on the Duke LaCrosse case without almost any evidnce, it was a national story for months, (or UVA, or Tawana Brawley, ) yet ignore stories with over 1400 hundred victims and yell racism at anyone who brings it up?

I anxiously await your explanation of this.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: codextiefling

You had me with Hicks. Then, you captured my heart

Thanks! Just so you know, all compliments go straight to my huge ego.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Women aren't a minority?! Guess it's time to let the people in charge of scholarships and grants know!

Last I checked, women exceeded men in scholarship and grant programs. Even though they make up the majority of college students.

So yeah, tell me another one.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm not calling you a conservative. I'm just pointing out the obvious bias in what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
America has a "rape culture" please.... try India one of the rape capitals of the world. Rape happens on the streets in broad daylight in India, it happens on public buses and noone calls the police, infact many of the male bus passengers will join in such as the case a few years ago where the woman was so brutally raped by many men over a few hours that she was cut up internally and died of her injuries.

Let's not forget the moment a female journalist was involved in a mass sexual assault on live tv in Cairo where she was filming a story at University. With all the migrants flooding into Germany there have been hundreds of men taking part in mass rapes and sexual assaults of women at music festivals.

But no America is the great evil rape culture of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join