It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s, outsourced jobs to foreign H-1B

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Because only Americans can work? Foreigners must starve? Racist piffle. 70 workers, well that'll destroy the country - not.

True, 70 jobs is small, but the snowball effect is what worries me. The question is should Americans that are doing the job be fired and replaced using the (cheaper) foreign sourced workers?

Something is wrong with this, and if you believe Trump, (I don't) he is going to reform this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Because only Americans can work? Foreigners must starve? Racist piffle. 70 workers, well that'll destroy the country - not.

True, 70 jobs is small, but the snowball effect is what worries me. The question is should Americans that are doing the job be fired and replaced using the (cheaper) foreign sourced workers?

Something is wrong with this, and if you believe Trump, (I don't) he is going to reform this.

I'm not sure you appreciate the statistical details:

70 workers vs 125,890,000 jobs.

Even the repercussions are, and will remain, trivial.

America's financial woes are not with those that hold a fraction, of a fraction, of a percent of its wealth. The problem is with a system rigged to ensure that those who instead control the vast majority of it wealth, retain it and seek to accumulate an even larger slice.

The rest of us are treated as fodder.

edit on 24/9/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The problem is with a system rigged to ensure that those who instead control the vast majority of it wealth,

Agreed, this video says it all.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
70 jobs is not a lot, but is an example of what is happening. The H1B program was not intended for this. I believe it was intended more along the lines if a person of a certain skill was not available in this country, usually something like a special professor who taught a special subject.
This is pretty messed up. It is nothing like 19th and 20th century immigration. Employers were not hunting out cheap labor in other countries and getting it imported here. When the US used to do that it was called the slave trade. These H1B's are de facto indentured servants.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The problem is with a system rigged to ensure that those who instead control the vast majority of it wealth,

Agreed, this video says it all.

The thing is, we need to make these top guys stop stockpiling and re-invest their wealth, (and not in the stupid vapourous gambling that caused things like the sub-prime mortgage investments, but in real nuts and bolts stuff).

We need to take control of our governments. We need to stop electing 'personalities' and look strongly at policies, asking ourselves if the policy is going to make things better or is it just 'emotional chaff' to get some 'photo opportunity' into office?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join