It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN redefines Race to include religion...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: TheBulk
At no point did Donald Trump suggest racial profiling. He suggested we do what Israel does and profile Muslims, because Muslims perpetrate the vast majority of terrorist attacks on planet Earth.

Got that far and realized this is a xenophobia thread and no amount of logic will aid. Wallow in fear.

Can you be specific about what part you quoted that is wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

At no point did Donald Trump suggest racial profiling. He suggested we do what Israel does and profile Muslims, because Muslims perpetrate the vast majority of terrorist attacks on planet Earth.

Got that far and realized this is a xenophobia thread and no amount of logic will aid. Wallow in fear.

Can you be specific about what part you quoted that is wrong?

I didn't say wrong. It's actually expected. I'm just saying that no amount of logic will change the fearful. And quite frankly you've gotta change the anthem. It isn't the "Land of the Brave" anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I didn't say wrong. It's actually expected. I'm just saying that no amount of logic will change the fearful. And quite frankly you've gotta change the anthem. It isn't the "Land of the Brave" anymore.

Explain the "logic" you have in mind that's going to deal with the problem of Islamic terrorism in the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Explain the "logic" you have in mind that's going to deal with the problem of Islamic terrorism in the US.

Get out of the ME(that includes funding groups), stop unlimited support for Israel and you'll stop terrorism. Basically, stop making terrorists.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So please explain the process by which the US created the Barbary pirates again ...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So please explain the process by which the US created the Barbary pirates again ...

That's it? Inane obfuscation? I feel like I need a shower just replying to this.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Get out of the ME(that includes funding groups), stop unlimited support for Israel and you'll stop terrorism. Basically, stop making terrorists.

Basically give in to Islam and they'll stop making war with you. There is zero logic there.
edit on 20-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Actually he did say "racial profiling."

Donald Trump’s town hall hosted by Sean Hannity was absolutely priceless

TRUMP: But in -- in San Bernardino, they saw bombs laying around the apartment...
HANNITY: They didn't want to say anything.
TRUMP: -- in the apartment. And people saw it. And they wanted to be -- they called it racial profiling. We didn't want to call in because of racial profiling. In other words, a lawyer got to them and said you've got a problem here, you knew this was there, say racial profiling. But look, we have -- whether it's racial profiling or politically correct, we'd better get smart. We are letting tens of thousands of people into our country. We don't know what what the hell we're doing.

My bold. That was 4x in one statement.
edit on 2016-9-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That's it? Inane obfuscation? I feel like I need a shower just replying to this.

It's not inane obfuscation.

If you want to claim that the terrorists exist because we made them then we need to go back to the root of the terrorist problem with the Middle East for the US and that would be the Barbary pirates who started raiding our merchant marines and enslaving our sailers as soon as we started sailing them as a nation.

Are you saying that engaging in commerce created terrorists?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe if the Native Americans had their own Barbary Pirates they would still be a majority.

Imagine the colonisation that would have occurred if the Barbary Pirates didn't protect their shores.
Commerce lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

No, ever seen a Uiyger? What about a Chechen? Then there are North Africans ...

Yes. I know this. If you read my statement again, you will see that I was remarking on what the perception is.

I know that Muslims look like everyone else across the world. I was explaining that calling for a ban on "Muslims" means that Trump wants to profile people of Mediterranean descent (and not the real Muslims.)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm saying use common sense. Does this policy work for Israel?

No, it doesn't.... because the Muslims there look just like the Israelis (height, skin color, hair color., eye color, etc)

In fact, they don't ban Muslims at all and they have a higher percentage of Muslims in the country than American does (around 6 times as many.)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Most Muslims aren't brown. Most Muslims are actually Black or Asian(if one needs to define).

en.wikipedia.org...

Let's admit it. We're talking about people of Arabian decent.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I would bet that your picture of Christian pretty much expands to include anybody and everybody, but when youthink of Muslims, it's a Mediterranean type man with black hair and beard and olive skin, right? If someone said "go out and round up the Muslims" that's what you'd look for, right?

Ever stop and think that is because that is how the media wants us to view them? Funny thing is your description makes me think Persian, but I have a half a grasp on the differences of some of the nationalities that are Muslim. Most everyday people get their info from the news and really barely grasp what is going on in the world. Add to that the lack of interest for the most part to the subject when they were being taught about it, we are seeing the media redefining things to fit narratives. They are using the ignorance of the populace to re-educate and that is a problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

They have turned it into a Twitter world and a word means something. Analysis not so much.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He said "They call it racial profiling".....Why didn't you bold that part?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Most Muslims aren't brown. Most Muslims are actually Black or Asian(if one needs to define).

en.wikipedia.org...

Why would we admit that when we're talking about Muslims. What dont you understand about the fact profiling is not just visual or base don skin color?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TheBulk

Actually he did say "racial profiling."

Donald Trump’s town hall hosted by Sean Hannity was absolutely priceless

TRUMP: But in -- in San Bernardino, they saw bombs laying around the apartment...
HANNITY: They didn't want to say anything.
TRUMP: -- in the apartment. And people saw it. And they wanted to be -- they called it racial profiling. We didn't want to call in because of racial profiling. In other words, a lawyer got to them and said you've got a problem here, you knew this was there, say racial profiling. But look, we have -- whether it's racial profiling or politically correct, we'd better get smart. We are letting tens of thousands of people into our country. We don't know what what the hell we're doing.

My bold. That was 4x in one statement.

This was not Trumps speech on profiling that he gave yesterday. In his speech suggesting profiling, he did not mention race.

This speech you are referencing, he is saying people say strange behavior in San Benradino, but were afraid to be accused of racial profiling if they called it in.

This is not saying we should racially profile, he is saying if we see something we think is indicative of terrorism, we should be afraid to be accused of racially profiling and call the authorities.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Why would we admit that when we're talking about Muslims. What dont you understand about the fact profiling is not just visual or base don skin color?

You actually believe that, don't you? The cognitive dissonance is complete. You've graduated.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join