It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Pad Air 2 Will Not Turn on - Completely Unresponsive - I Tunes Will Not Recognize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Fingers crossed for you!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

Thanks, we just tried that one last step and it did not help. I also found out how to run a diagnostics through I Tunes and the problem appears to be my I Pad as it could not detect an apple device during the diagnostics.

Might get me a non Apple tablet soon instead. This experience has left me feeling sour as I am out of my warranty and this is most likely Apple's screw up judging by the tons of people currently experiencing the same issues I am, it's widespread now that I look into it and Apple is giving the same old canned responses not acknowledging the real issues.

I remember the days that you used to be able to call them and talk to some hottie from San Francisco but now all they have to offer (that I can find) is sales over the phone and all tech inquiries are done in store or on their forums.

Going to charge it overnight and hope it works, if not it appears Apple will charge me $ 249.00 to fix it and it's something to do with their update so I can't find myself justifying any more money spent towards that company.

I stopped using Iphones a long time ago, I liked the IPad but looks like I am going to get something Samsung/Android unless I find something even more interesting.

Good night all ~ I'm off to look into more important threads, you were all a great help. I will keep you all updated lol.
edit on 20-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Ok my old iPad was out of warrenty two years ago, I did what yours is doing. Apple checked it for water damage and found nothing and replaced it free.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Ok my old iPad was out of warrenty two years ago, I did what yours is doing. Apple checked it for water damage and found nothing and replaced it free.

My luck usually don't work that way bro.

I rarely ever bike, and my bike got stolen a few days ago. They say it comes in threes if my phone craps out I'll be choked lol.

Just material items, will replace them when I can afford to. Just lucky to be alive in this crazy world.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Thanks Dave,

I just tried your suggestion by following instructions provided here:

discussions.apple.com...

Unfortunately nothing happened. The device is completely bricked it seems, when I plug it into my computer Itunes doesn't even sense it and or recognize it. Looks like I am going to visit an apple store if the other suggestion of leaving it plugged in over night unless something else works.

Any suggestions with what I could have done wrong with the DFU?

Cheers - DV4

It is more than likely a dead battery then, the batteries have processors built into them. The problem isn't replacing the battery though, it's getting everything apart without breaking the digitizer. Take it to a pro, shouldn't cost anymore than about 80-100 bucks to fix. I've fixed hundreds of them, if you need a step by step to do yourself, I can give you a walk through or you can check youtube.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
a reply to: ColaTesla

Is that the one where you hold down the home button at the same time as the power button for about 5 seconds? That might also be worth a shot OP, though suspect you've probably gone through all of that already

No thats just an ordinary reboot, The one i mentioned is done by a computer and is called a "forced reboot"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join