It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld cancels trip to Germany after accusations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The New York-based Centre for Constitutional Rights filed a
complaint in December with the Federal German Prosecutor's Office against Rumsfeld accusing him of war crimes and torture in connection with detainee abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.

Rumsfeld made it known immediately after the complaint was filed that he would not attend the Munich conference unless Germany quashed the legal action.

Full article

Way to go Germany! That would be something if the European Union declared war on America to stop it's tyranny.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

EDIT: edited misleading title for search simplicity

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yaaaaay!!

That feels good. Like Dr. Evil (spelt Kissinger in Americcanese) cant go to france i think.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Way to go Germany! Yaaaaay!!

Yeah, except that Germany didn't initiate the actions, now did they?:shk: They are merely being used as a pawn because of their laws, which exist because of their own horrific activities in the past.

But, just keep on cheering if it makes you feel good.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well is going to be sad to see how ostracized our administration will become in the international community, when one of our high ranking officials can be threated like that.

As you can see US is not beyond its borders after all.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Way to go Germany! That would be something if the European Union declared war on America to stop it's tyranny.
[edit on 22-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

I think you can wait a long time till this happens, although some countries have different opinions regarding the war in iraq, we are allies for a good reason. the case against rumsfeld has nothing to do with the german, or any other gouvernment, the organisation is just using our laws and nothing else. declaring war on the US would be quite stupid, we are basicly sharing the same values, let us differ in some cases but we are allies. but that doesn't mean we have to go to war whenever uncle sam calls us and a war can still be avoided.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Rumsfeld cancels trip to Germany in fear of being arrested and tried for war crimes? WRONG!

This thread is mislabeled.

Let's assume the article is 100% factual, which is doubtful in light of the source.

The article itself says, and I quote for those who didn't read it:

From the source article:
The prosecutor's office in Karlsruhe reportedly is examining the
roughly 170-page complaint to see whether an investigation is warranted.

What does that mean?

It means they haven't even decided to investigate the complaint yet.

You don't arrest people without just cause, especially U.S. Cabinet members.

Aside from no investigation, there isn't even a claim made that an arrest warrant has been issued. Maybe they arrest people without legal cause in Germany, I don't know. But I seriously doubt it.

ProphetOfYahweh, if you are going to post an article from aljazeera.net, at least have the courtesy to read it first and not misrepresent its contents.

The word "arrest" appears nowhere in the source article. You added that from your nether orifice, which is extremely poor form, in my opinion.

I recommend using the actual title of the article, which reads:

Rumsfeld cancels trip after accusations

Posting misleading thread titles is in direct opposition to the goal of Denying Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Maybe they arrest people without legal cause in Germany, I don't know. But I seriously doubt it.

ehm we have the same legal, juristical principles then most other democratic, free countries. you can't be arrested without a reason, and you're guilty if it's proven in court.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dont' tell me you guys actually listen to what is said on Aljazeera.net. Listening to them is the same as listening to Fox news on Democrats.

Pure propaganda.

German go'vt would get into a lot of trouble even if they think of arresting Rumsfeld.

Surf

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
ProphetOfYahweh

I have another source from this article from another link not aljazeera, as you can see some member are to "touchy" about Aljazeera.Net.

Yes is true that Germany filed complains in their courts against Rumsfeld for the Abu Ghraib torture, and the US fought back with a warning to Germany as to risking with that complain of US relationships.

Funny that Bush does not want to have any of his cronies accountable for the mistakes in Iraq or the administration and it expects the entire world to do the same.

Does any body remember bush fight against US "frivolous law suits" we guess what? that is what is calling Germany law suit.

The law suit was filed in Germany on Nov. 30 by the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and Berlin's Republican Lawyers' Association on behalf of four Iraqis who were alleged to have been mistreated by US soldiers.

See Iraqis that wants to suit US can not do it on US courts they have to go to other countries to do that.

Now you have to understand that Germany host about 70 thousand US troops and if relationships between US and Germany get sour, perhaps they will not host US troops any more.

The groups that filed the complaint said they had chosen Germany because of its Code of Crimes Against International Law, introduced in 2002, which grants German courts universal jurisdiction in cases involving war crimes or crimes against humanity.

As you can see the law suit has been around but the latest news of Rumsfeld not wanting to leave US is, but who knows perhaps that is the reason he rather stay ''Cozy at Home"

By the way Belgium also filed a law sue But Rumsfeld warn them that US would stop funding to a new NATO headquarter in the country and that US will reconsider its meetings in Brussels as lone as the law was in place.

So Belgium gave up.

So much for US "NWO" I guess it can work for some countries after all.

Perhaps the trip planned to Germany to the February annual security conferences has been cancel due to Germany not giving up their law suit.

Rumsfeld has informed the German government via the US embassy that he will not take part in the annual Munich security conference in February should the investigation proceed.

Not this thread is not misleading is actually true, after all

Good thread Prophet.

www.dw-world.de...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If any country tried to arrest the head of a U.S. department or the President, it would be considered a declaration of war. I would support the use of nuclear weapons against any country that attempted that, even Canada or Germany etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If any country tried to arrest the head of a U.S. department or the President, it would be considered a declaration of war. I would support the use of nuclear weapons against any country that attempted that, even Canada or Germany etc.

HEY! Jerkface...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This thread is beyond stupid.

Rumsfeld definately isn't AFRAID of being arrested and
tried for war crimes in Germany. How freak'n stupid!

If he cancelled a trip it's just in protest that any judge
would be dumb enough to agree to look into this.

dumb

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
protest that any judge
would be dumb enough to agree to look into this.

If the complaint is investigated and found to be valid, why would a judge be stuppid to look into it?
Maybe in the US a judge is stuppid for doing his job when it involves high ranking goverment officials, but in places where the legal system isn't a complete farse, its quite normal for a judge to do his damn job and handle a case that has sufficient evidence presented to proceed.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My god, so if one person was arrested you would support the death of millions? You are plainly evil, and i hope that comment you made will scar your soul.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Would never happen, America would not respond kindly to such a action. I could see us seizing bank accounts, Ambassadors and etc. Its not going to happen. If it did it would suffer severe reprocussions.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
but in places where the legal system isn't a complete
farse, its quite normal for a judge to do his damn job

Then that wouldn't be Germany. And the judge wouldn't be doing
his 'damn job' by clogging up the courts with a partisan bigotted
joke of a 'case' against a high ranking American official. He'd be
clogging the courts and sucking German tax money just because
some freak job without a life wants to make a name for himself
by putting some bite on his, and his country's, anti-american bigotry.

Frivolous law suit. Like I said. Dumb.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Do you right wing nut jobs ever wonder why Bush withdrew from the world courts prior to the illegal invasion of Afghanistan and and Iraq? Hardly a cooincidence.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You have got to be freaking kidding...using nuclear weapons in retaliation for the arrest of one person who is probably guilty? Why should this administration, or any administration be immune from being prosecuted for crimes that are against humanity? We would do the same for other countries...should they then use nucs on us for arresting one of thier leaders??? Is it really justified?

Didn''t bush fight being included in the world court so that he and his administration would not be able to be held accountable for these types of crimes against humanity??????????????????

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
illegal invasion of Afghanistan and and Iraq?

This always makes me laugh.
'Illegal'. Yeah right.
It's called WAR. War is war. It isn't a court situation.
It's WAR.
Illegal ....

Not to rehash the situation because obviously you
don't care, but UBL was the mastermind of the 9/11
attacks. He, and his army, had free reign in
Afghanistan. Their training camps were there...
the fighters were there ... etc. etc.

We do not need to ask permission to attack those
who have declared war upon us and who had
already attacked us. DUH.
'Illegal' ...
how incredibly silly.

By your way of thinking, England should have
sought permission from some unknown entity
to defend itself from Germany in WWII.

You guys on the radical left really ought to try to
come up with some fresh rhetoric .. this old stuff
is laughable.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by twitchy
illegal invasion of Afghanistan and and Iraq?

Not to rehash the situation because obviously you
don't care, but UBL was the mastermind of the 9/11
attacks. He, and his army, had free reign in
Afghanistan. Their training camps were there...
the fighters were there ... etc. etc.

We do not need to ask permission to attack those
who have declared war upon us and who had
already attacked us. DUH.

I wan't aware that Iraq had attacked us...it was Osama!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think that Saddam was involved? w3bsuh wants you to believe that for justification for invading Iraq and continuing his family fued.

The Iraq invasion is a hostile corporate takeover being paid for in blood by our nations youth...our finest! What a tragic, horrific waste!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join