It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

SHOCKER! Crooked Liar Trump Used Foundation Money To Settle Lawsuits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

that's sweet of you to keep checking on my mental ability to follow your train of thought. I realize I'm not on the same metal playing field as such a wise person as yourself, but if you could entertain a simpleton for a moment.

1. is this illegal?
2. has the Clinton fund done anything similar to this?

See, in my tiny little mind, I have to think that however morally wrong this may have been, it's the way the rich and stupid filthy rich folks do business. Folks like Trump, and the Clinton's alike.

So before you start thinking you have "won the internet", you may want to be sure you aren't just opening your pie hole a bit to wide.

Again, thanks for being so smart.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
People who support Trump have they any standards?

Hillary at least never did anything like this in that charity

Also at least she released her taxes

What’s Trump hiding by not releasing his taxes.

Trump proves every day he is just an immoral, egotistical, crooked, ignoramus.

The thing about this election is Trump's support

Hillary...I'm only concerned with her foreign policy, domestically she's an old time liberal and that's better than any GOP connected candidate whoever it is.

I don't care much that she's greedy, corrupt and vain, what president wasn't or isn't.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought ATS had a rule about you can't change article headline when posting about it. The article doesn't have "SHOCKER! Crooked Liar" in it.

Hillary corrupt to the core. She has Americans blood on her hands unlike Trump. We know Trump isn't perfect but he beats Hillary.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

that's sweet of you to keep checking on my mental ability to follow your train of thought.

You're very welcome. *HUGS*

1. is this illegal?

Yes. The legal term is self-dealing.

2. has the Clinton fund done anything similar to this?

Actually, as many different questions that are being considered in relation to the Clinton's corrupt foundation, I haven't seen anything quite like this. Her's are more vague questions about things like donors being given preferential access to a sitting Secretary of State which is of course potentially more serious but far more nebulous. What's being uncovered about Trump is pretty cut and dry.

That said, there are dozens of threads speculating about Clinton's foundation related improprieties based on her emails.

This is the only one about Trump's so if it's okay with you, can we just this once discuss Trump?

See, in my tiny little mind, I have to think that however morally wrong this may have been, it's the way the rich and stupid filthy rich folks do business. Folks like Trump, and the Clinton's alike.

I don't disagree. I've said many many many times that they are peas in a pod. What I take issue with is that Trump is being continuously given a pass on well... everything. Don't you feel that if it's worth knowing about Clinton, worth considering when making a choice between candidates, that's it's also worth knowing about Trump?

So before you start thinking you have "won the internet", you may want to be sure you aren't just opening your pie hole a bit to wide.

Clearly I'm not winning the Internet. I'm not even winning ATS. For one, I don't use enough YouTube videos. The second part of that statement makes absolutely no sense no matter how I turn it around in my head. Is Donald Trump going to sue me? Are the Trumpeteers going to somehow make me pay for "opening [my] pie hole?"

Do you go around asking questions like that of the authors of pro-Trump or anti-Clinton threads?

Again, thanks for being so smart.

You're very welcome.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Next they'll be calling you a pro-Clinton liberal SJW.

LOL I already have been on several other threads since this wholse thing started........

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

superiority complex much? because that IS the implication in castigating those you disagree with....

"look at me, im so much more enlightened than everyone else....i can see things that others cant see....im special....i must be much more intelligent and insightful...."

blah blah blah

Superiority complex? No.......well read on Trump and do my homework on presidential nominees? you damn right.....

Castigating those who I disagree with? No stating truth

No one should be giving him a pass for anything, and should be holding him to the strictest of standards...

If this means I have a superiority complex then it troubles me to say that voters are completely lost in this country......

And Im not special.......I just do my due diligence, anyone can see everything there is out there about this guy if they have the eyes to do so and the desire to be objective

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Another feeble attempt to derail a thread.

We know Trump isn't perfect but he beats Hillary.

What do you really know about Donald Trump? Every single time somebody tries to post a thread that reveals something negative about Trump it's beset with inane deflection from people looking to derail the thread or simply ignored.

His supporters flock to his official campaign media apparatus to feed from the trough. Do you think Breitbart is uncovering stuff like this?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: tribal

I've been arguing politics with ManBehindTheMask for years now. What he's saying isn't coming from a superiority complex. I imagine it's from utter disbelief at how American conservativism has been co-opted this election by an orange con man and how many "conservatives" are being willfully ignorant, fawning over a corrupt lying crony because he gets in front of microphone and lies.

That would be my guess.

You would be accurate old friend! We may not agree on politics but I believe we do on principles lol...Cheers bud

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Im with you , I dont think the Voters will wake up until it crashes at their feet, and directly DIRECTLY affects them in profound ways.......

Once again nail on the head

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Actually, my reasoning for asking about Clinton's foundation is that Trump didn't try to hide this at all it seems. And the venue that asked that his charitable donation be made in lieu of a fine seems like they are the one's guilty of extortion or at the least an impropriety. As I mentioned, a charity usually does write checks to other charities as a practice. I know that is EXACTLY how it works in the few charities I have been associated with. So if a charity cannot write checks to other charities, how are they to legally operate? (I look to your superior intellect on that one)

And no, I'm not going out of my way to look for thinks Trump does wrong, he's nice enough to broadcast them to the world as he accomplishes said stupid remark. I'm very much anti Hillary, so my bias should be duly noted. I'm not pro Trump, but given the turd sandwich/giant douche choice, I'm gonna have to go Turd Sandwich here. At least it will be a change from the usual PB&J/ass sandwich we have been eating for the last 8 years.
edit on 21-9-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

ETA, as far as Self-dealing, this doesn't seem to fit that description. Trump was not benefiting directly by this donation, one of his companies was avoiding a fine. I'd venture a guess that Trump himself didn't deal with this particular issue at all, but had someone in charge of that business who dealt with it. But even if he directly handled it, the money didn't go into his pocket, nor would a fine come from his pocket. So the definition you provided just doesn't cut it.
edit on 21-9-2016 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok so let me get this straight. The Donald J Trump Foundation charity donated $100,000 to a veterans charity. Charities donating to charities is not illegal, so by itself it's not wrong. However, this money was donated to settle a dispute Trump had with the city over a flag pole on one of his business properties. The other thing is, is it true Trump donated $2.8 million to the Donald J Trump Foundation over a 7 year period? A poster in this thread said that. Does that make it legal for him to use that money as though it's his own? I don't think it would, since the charity owns that money now. Another thing is does the city who fined him over the flagpole discriminate between Trump's own charity donating to a charity versus him donating his own money to a charity? Is this an example of self-dealing or something else?

I'm suspecting he exploited a loophole in the system, so it's possible it's not illegal what he did. But I want to KNOW one way or another. Doesn't matter whether they're left or right. Doesn't matter whether you agree with someone or like them. If they do wrong, it's still wrong. And these're candidates for president, so it's doubly important wrongs are made visible.

This goes over some of the possible self-dealings or illegalities:
en.wikipedia.org - Donald J. Trump Foundation...

EDIT: There's no doubt in my mind Trump is dirty. None. A lot of people like him only care about attention and money.

I don't like Hillary much, but I think she's better than Trump. Although the older I get the less I trust Democrats. When I was younger, I generally trusted all liberals. But that has changed. I think the reason I feel this way is because I've repeatedly been reminded the harshness of life. Democrats seem very intent on us all being our brother's keeper. They're bleeding hearts. The problem is--I think--they've forgotten personal accountability and responsibility. They've bled so much from the heart they don't have the inner strength anymore to build a country on those principles. The result is government gets ever bigger. And so this is why I find myself more and more voting left, center and right.
edit on 9/21/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You would be accurate old friend! We may not agree on politics but I believe we do on principles lol...Cheers bud

I was raised in the rural South in a family of Republicans. Fiscally very conservative, skeptical of bureaucracy, big on limited government, tax reform (particularly doing away with estate taxes), the whole bit — and really big on guns. I can't remember the last time I was with my dad and brothers where we didn't spend hours shooting... and arguing politics

Whatever Trump and his supporters are, it ain't that. I'm used to dealing with people with well-formed conservative opinions who had substantive arguments to back them up.

This deranged populism based on a bunch of horrible ideas is something else.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Charities donating to charities is perfectly fine. Trump using money from the charitable foundation to settle legal matters is not, whether the ultimate recipient of the funds was a charity itself. That is self-dealing at best. Same with using the foundation money to purchase portraits of himself to hang in his businesses or home.

I'd have to verify how much money Trump donated to the foundation but he was not the sole donor. In fact, in recent years the biggest donor to the charity has been a man named Richard Ebers.

Somebody should probably explain all this to the VP of Eric Trump's own "charitable" foundation.

Some donations to Trump Foundation count as Trump's money, aide says

A longtime aide to the Trump family defended Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s record of charitable giving on Wednesday, arguing some money given to Trump’s foundation by third parties "is his money."

Lynne Patton, a senior assistant to three of Trump’s adult children and the vice president of son Eric Trump’s charitable foundation, told The Des Moines Register that some donations to the Donald J. Trump Foundation should be recognized as contributions from Trump himself because in some cases that money would have been paid to Trump directly.

“A lot of times Mr. Trump will give a speech somewhere or he’ll raise money in some way and he asks that that entity, instead of cutting a personal check to him, cut it to his charity,” Patton said. “That’s money that otherwise would’ve been in his personal account, right?”

“So when he cuts a check from his foundation for let’s say, St. Jude, it is his money,” she added. “No ifs, ands or ways about it.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join