It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

SHOCKER! Crooked Liar Trump Used Foundation Money To Settle Lawsuits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh boy. No wonder Trump doesn't want anymore transparency into his crooked dealings. A whole list of illegal uses of his non-profit "foundation's" money exposed!

Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

That's my bold folks. I guess maybe he was looking for a loophole in his "I never settle rule" — he only illegally settles lawsuits with OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY DONATED TO A FRIGGIN "CHARITY"

We're not done yet. The article goes on to detail additional instances:

In another case, court papers say one of Trump’s golf courses in New York agreed to settle a lawsuit by making a donation to the plaintiff’s chosen charity. A $158,000 donation was made by the Trump Foundation, according to tax records.

The other expenditures involved smaller amounts. In 2013, Trump used $5,000 from the foundation to buy advertisements touting his chain of hotels in programs for three events organized by a D.C. preservation group.

And in 2014, Trump spent $10,000 of the foundation’s money for a portrait of himself bought at a charity fundraiser. Or, rather, another portrait of himself. Several years earlier, Trump had used $20,000 from the Trump Foundation to buy a different, six foot-tall portrait.

What kind of [SNIP] buys portraits of himself at a charity fundraiser with other people's money? Wow.

edit on 2016-9-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/9/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
so you are saying that both Hillary and Trumps foundations are corrupt?

Just friggin wow.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Five billion moar votez 4 Hillary!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

a drop in the ocean compared to the funds Hillary has cheated,
and yes this is important. Trump is only relevant as a comparison to his only competition.

face it no one beats Hillary's corruption.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Imagine that. He says Hillary is crooked. Boing....
He lays out a case of pay for play.....boing...
Says she lies...boing
Says she's unfit....boing

Boing boing bounce bounce .
Someone needs to give this man a clue about glass houses and stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And the lawsuit over the flagpole and giant flag was Trump being a PITA to all of that town, just because he wanted to. Thousands of dollars were spent on both sides just because Trump wanted a giant flag....

Good catch on this, start ducking now for all the Trump supporters who will disagree with the facts.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just friggin wow.

Of course they are. Haven't you been paying attention at all?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just friggin wow.

Yes. That is exactly what I am proposing. Both of their foundations are corrupt. Though I'm not sure even Hillary would use other people's money to buy portraits of herself. Maybe.. if it were a particularly flaterring pantsuit.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I cannot read the article, as it asks me to log in as a subscriber.

Can you tell me if any investigations are mentioned or any charges potentially forthcoming?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Except that every penny is accounted for and the records are out there for the world to examine. And so far no pay for play has been discovered on her part. No illegal taking money out of a charity to buy themselves a gift. No illegal activity at all.
But Trump everything is hide, cheat, steal, lie cheat and steal some more then run for president and lie and cheat and steal right in our faces.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Except that every penny is accounted for and the records are out there for the world to examine. And so far no pay for play has been discovered on her part. No illegal taking money out of a charity to buy themselves a gift. No illegal activity at all.
But Trump everything is hide, cheat, steal, lie cheat and steal some more then run for president and lie and cheat and steal right in our faces.

FBI wanted to investigate Hillary's foundation. They were told no. She should have told the FBI sure, go ahead nothing to hide. She did not.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I cannot read the article, as it asks me to log in as a subscriber.

Can you tell me if any investigations are mentioned or any charges potentially forthcoming?

Yes, just after Hillary's scheduled indictment, they plan to tar and feather Trump, then ride him around town on a rail.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The NY AG is investigating his foundation apparently but declined to comment on whether their investigation includes any of these items according to the source:

The Post sent the Trump campaign a detailed list of questions about the four cases, but received no response.

The New York attorney general’s office declined to comment when asked whether its inquiry would cover these new cases of possible self-dealing.

You can guarantee that Pam Bondi won't be investigating any of this in Florida. This article is pretty damning and they seem to have covered their bases thoroughly.

In the town of Palm Beach, nobody seems to have objected that the fines assessed on Trump’s business were being erased by a donation from a charity. “I don’t know that there was any attention paid to that at the time. We just saw two checks signed by Donald J. Trump,” said John Randolph, the Palm Beach town attorney. “I’m sure we were satisfied with it.”

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
and this shows his lack of charitable donations.
i love that he had two miss universe contestants drench him with trump brand water for the ice bucket challenge that, he has yet to give any money to.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: introvert

The NY AG is investigating his foundation apparently but declined to comment on whether their investigation includes any of these items according to the source:

The Post sent the Trump campaign a detailed list of questions about the four cases, but received no response.

The New York attorney general’s office declined to comment when asked whether its inquiry would cover these new cases of possible self-dealing.

You can guarantee that Pam Bondi won't be investigating any of this in Florida. This article is pretty damning and they seem to have covered their bases thoroughly.

In the town of Palm Beach, nobody seems to have objected that the fines assessed on Trump’s business were being erased by a donation from a charity. “I don’t know that there was any attention paid to that at the time. We just saw two checks signed by Donald J. Trump,” said John Randolph, the Palm Beach town attorney. “I’m sure we were satisfied with it.”

wait, he used his charity to give to another charity? However wrong the idea was, isn't that what they do? It kind of looks like you are getting pretty desperate to trash Trump. if you don't step up your game, you going to look lame. (you are free to use that if you like it)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The key word is "may." It does not say that Trump did anything illegal. It just says he "may" have.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I heard he also jaywalked last week...

Btw, anything he's done is microscopic when compared to Hillary and her cronies...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
The key word is "may." It does not say that Trump did anything illegal. It just says he "may" have.

I'd be disappointed with Democrats if they didn't at least keep trying to stop Trump via rumors, potential issues, ETC

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sounds rather shady to me

Trump founded his charity in 1987 and, for years, was its only donor. But in 2006, Trump gave away almost all of the money he had donated to the foundation, leaving it with just $4,238 at year’s end, according to tax records.

so basically gave money to his own charity, and paid people off to avoid paying fines?>
then he could write it off as a donation to a non profit?

can a charity donate to another charity? is that legal?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Cheater Trump

Can't wait till his taxes are leaked!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join