It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Does this trump thought not worry people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
and the attacker is ........( drum roll ) a MUSLIM!!!
you attack innocent people in the name of allah, you plot further attacks, hide, hes an enemy. an enemy should be treated as such.

And the attacker is.....(drum roll) an American Citizen.

Does being a Muslim remove your rights as an American Citizen?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

you attack innocent people in the name of allah, you plot further attacks, hide, hes an enemy. an enemy should be treated as such.

It SHOULD if your bomb or knife or gun or truck kills OTHER American Citizens.

Dorian Soran v2.0

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Listen UP!

This thread is NOT in the Mud Pit.

Political trolling is NOT allowed outside of the Mud Pit.

Political trolling posts will be removed, and the member posting them will receive two warnings instead of one.

You've been warned. Follow the Terms and Conditions.

Again: This thread is NOT in the Mud Pit. Political Trolling will NOT be tolerated outside the Pit.

Do not reply to this post.

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section, please move if possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran

It SHOULD if your bomb or knife or gun or truck kills OTHER American Citizens.

Dorian Soran v2.0

Not according to the Constitution. Do you not care about that document?
edit on 20-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

within the quotation marks
"Now he's going to be treated by the best doctors the world has to offer in a fully modern hospital room,, he will even get room service. Then he will get the very best legal representation and in the end his punishment won't be what it should be. Not like in the old days"

Now it's subject to interpretation but it sounded like a typical Trump rant and implies this guy isn't entitled to any of that.
What he means by the old days I guess depends on how far back we go.
Throw him to the lions? Have him drawn and quartered? Hung from a tree, firing squad, electric chair, gas, lethal injection.?????

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Rahami had a shoot out with the cops, screw him. He shouldn't be using so much as one cent of taxpayer supported medical services, PERIOD.

The Constitution disagrees with you. It says something about "cruel and unusual punishment", "right to a speedy trial", and "innocent until proven guilty".

It says something about "shall not be infringed" to.
People tend to be picky about which rights need protection.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Rahami had a shoot out with the cops, screw him. He shouldn't be using so much as one cent of taxpayer supported medical services, PERIOD.

The Constitution disagrees with you. It says something about "cruel and unusual punishment", "right to a speedy trial", and "innocent until proven guilty".

I don't recall this being a thread on the Second Amendment, NOR do I recall giving you my opinion on it for you to comment on. So I'm just going to stop talking to you now seeing as how this point is off topic.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Like Trump knows anything about the constitution????? According to his own words he knows nothing about the constitution.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

is there a committee that gets to Interpret Trumps words, or do you do this by yourself?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Sillyolme

is there a committee that gets to Interpret Trumps words, or do you do this by yourself?

Well how about YOU tell us what he meant then?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Uh, I read the article and couldn't find where Trump specifically said he shouldn't be treated. Please supply that quote from the source you provided. Thanks in advance.
They don't care that it didn't say it, they just want to talk trash about Trump. The BBC and most of the posters in the thread that is.

"And he’ll probably even have room service, knowing the way our country is. And on top of all of that he will be represented by an outstanding lawyer," Mr Trump added.
In my opinion Trump wasn't saying he shouldn't have these things, but he was lamenting the fact that he wouldn't have a public defender, but instead (again my opinion) a lawyer paid for by CAIR or some other terrorist-supporting organization. He will be displacing people who need hospital care because of his actions and the government will be footing the bill, where he should have simply laid down his weapon and he wouldn't have been injured.

This is what he said when he was wrapping up talking about the bomber.

We must have speedy but fair trials and we must deliver a just and very harsh punishment to these people.
But you know, anything to talk trash about Trump. Obviously what he meant was instant execution./sarc

Thi s has the relevant portion of his speech
edit on 9 20 2016 by bonsaihorn because: Add the source so you can LISTEN to his words, not accept MSM blathering...

edit on 9 20 2016 by bonsaihorn because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

...none of which apply here. The SCOTUS has ruled that officers have no duty to render aid and have a right to shoot when they feel their safety is threatened. Leaving someone to bleed out because of their own bad choices isn't "cruel and unusual punishment," It's simple biology.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't recall this being a thread on the Second Amendment, NOR do I recall giving you my opinion on it for you to comment on. So I'm just going to stop talking to you now seeing as how this point is off topic.

You are talking about rights guaranteed by the constitution. You named several specifically.
I was only saying that people get bent out of shape over this or that right but not so much on others.
I didn't say one way or another on your opinion.
I want people to fight as ferocious about all rights not just their preferred chosen few.
To me that is right on topic.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

And this is more "thoughts that scare me".

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

...none of which apply here. The SCOTUS has ruled that officers have no duty to render aid and have a right to shoot when they feel their safety is threatened. Leaving someone to bleed out because of their own bad choices isn't "cruel and unusual punishment," It's simple biology.

The guy isn't still lying in the middle of the street bleeding though... They've already picked him up and sent him to the hospital.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And the attacker is.....(drum roll) an American Citizen.

if trump gets elected then the answer will be yes.
No Muslim will be allowed to be a citizen. None. And deporting those here will be next on his agenda. We all know it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I named several rights that apply to the situation discussed in the OP. It's not like I started talking about not forcing civilians to board soldiers or free speech or slavery being illegal or something. I SPECIFICALLY targeted Amendments that applied to the discussion at hand.

I want people to fight as ferocious about all rights not just their preferred chosen few.
To me that is right on topic.

Make a thread about it. I'll be sure to ignore it too because I LOATHE 2nd Amendment conversations on ATS. No one listens to anyone else in them. Though it's interesting you bring this up when your boy Trump has also voiced how he wants to open up libel laws as well as ban Muslims from the country (both violations of the 1st Amendment). See I can bring up Constitutional infringements that your side likes to ignore too.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UnBreakable

within the quotation marks
"Now he's going to be treated by the best doctors the world has to offer in a fully modern hospital room,, he will even get room service. Then he will get the very best legal representation and in the end his punishment won't be what it should be. Not like in the old days"

Now it's subject to interpretation but it sounded like a typical Trump rant and implies this guy isn't entitled to any of that.
What he means by the old days I guess depends on how far back we go.
Throw him to the lions? Have him drawn and quartered? Hung from a tree, firing squad, electric chair, gas, lethal injection.?????

I saw that quote, but I am sorry that it doesn't show where Trump said he shouldn't be treated at all. If nothing else, he was commenting on the quality of care he will be receiving as opposed to say VA hospitals, that are frequented by citizens who actually did something positive for this country. No surprise your 'interpretation' of the vague 'it sounded like' fits with your usual anti-Trump narrative.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

So everyone charged with assault, manslaughter, murder, ......as long as the victim was an American citizen should lose their rights to trials and lawyers and fair humane treatment. Or only the Muslim ones?????

Where do we draw the line? Religion? Skin color? Civic affiliation???

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

Mr Trump decried Mr Rahami's treatment for gunshot wounds and his legal representation

This is the man who called for targeting and killing the families of suspected terrorists.

He is more suited for a dictator of a failed 3rd world nation than POTUS.

No it doesn't surprise me..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join